No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bears, same old results. When you find a way to lose to Brock Osweiler, you've been out-coached!
    But at least they're fun to watch now...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It certainly doesn't get easier next week. The bears have traditionally lost to Brock Osweiler.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Pressure's off now. I expect them to be competitive in losing to the Patriots.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          New Bears, same old results. When you find a way to lose to Brock Osweiler, you've been out-coached!
          But at least they're fun to watch now...
          But Brock is 3-0 vs the Bears with 861 yards, 7 tds, 3 ints, and a 101.2 rating.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• He definitely looks like a different QB when facing Chicago.

Comment

• And Bears historically don't do well in Miami. So many plays that could have gone the other way (like the bounce off the one receiver to another). Sigh. But Mitch improved in second half. Defense has to figure out how to play in fourth quarter.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                That bounce was actually off the DB's back IIRC.

Yeah, lots of strange plays and bad calls (both ways). Even the ESPN and NFL Network guys were mystified by the offensive pass interference call on Trey Burton that negated an easy TD that would have made it 28-13. Next play, Trubisky throws a totally stupid INT and Miami then drives the length of the field. 15-point swing. Sigh.

• There is blame all around on this loss. Two special teams errors and two INT's by Trubisky dd not help and neither did the dropped passes by receivers and the missed tackles by the defense. Coaching staff can also take some of the blame as defense didn't adjust in 2nd half and some bad calls at end of first half by Nagy. Their three losses could all have been wins and now out of first place with Vikings win. Mack must still be hurting as he only had one tackle. Need to play better next week.

Comment

• They lost to the Patriots, not the Raiders, FFS.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True, but Gronk was out and Michel went down. Game was there for the taking. Giving up 2 special teams TDs is a special kind of stupid.

• In the old days, I would have been satisfied to watch the Bears just be competitive against the Pats. No more. I was not satisfied.
                A few less bone head moves. Sigh. I will be expecting better against the Jets
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Bears should never have let Robbie Gould go, but at least the eight(!!) points missed didn't make a difference. Mitch is now making throws that he was missing and I only remember one over throw that wasn't a throw away. Need to get running game going, but Mitch is improving and defense, especially with Mack is dominating. Love that we are 6-3 and in first place. Now if we can beat the Vikes....

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Technically, 7 points missed. One PAT was retrieved as part of a 2-pointer. And hey, Parkey got ESPN-famous last night!

• The interception on 4th down and the swatting the onside kick forward was also bothersome. Fortunately it wasn't a close game.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sure is great to be able to say "It wasn't a close game" again - in a GOOD way.

• Hopefully next Sunday night, we'll be saying the same
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Totally a trap game. I expect it to be close, and this Bears team is still trying to figure out how to win when the heat's on...

Comment

• If they go 1-1 over the next two games, I won't complain.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I guess now I'm greedy. Let's beat Detroit and then sit back and watch the packers play the vikes on Sunday night.

GO BEARS
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X