X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Capable Of Leaving A List?

For fantasy drafts.
    Ozzy used to irritate me badly, then he said he couldn't make a list and didn't understand how it was so easy for me.
    People are different. Can you leave a list or is that beyond you? If you can't then you can't; but if you can't, say so and that's the way it is and the aggravation lessens by a lot.

I'll go first. I can.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I can but rarely need to.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I never really considered it as an inability before he. said it. I know you can
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I leave lists for the entire draft.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Operational tempo is high in a forward deployed environment.

and I won't leave a list What are you going to do about it, Sloww?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

and I won't leave a list What are you going to do about it, Sloww?
            Deliberately misinterpret BAPAYs to stick you with terrible players?

Oh! He needs a TE!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Al is the kind of jackass that takes 8 hours to select a Kicker.

Comment

Al is the kind of jackass that takes 8 hours to select a Kicker.
                Imagine him in IDP.

Comment

Some people prefer to react to the flow of a draft. If there's an unexpected run at a given position, it's reasonable to want to evaluate that and possibly change your selection in ways that a list might not accommodate. As long as BAPAYs are properly administered, it's really not a big deal. But if you know you'll be out (like I will be Tuesday from 9am to about 2pm), it's polite to let people know that fact and what you plan to do about it. It can save a lot of time and keep things moving forward.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Only if I have to.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

There you go, JR. Being all polite and reasonable giving a balanced perspective from both sides. This is Apolyton!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        For fantasy drafts.
                        Ozzy used to irritate me badly, then he said he couldn't make a list and didn't understand how it was so easy for me.
                        People are different. Can you leave a list or is that beyond you? If you can't then you can't; but if you can't, say so and that's the way it is and the aggravation lessens by a lot.

I'll go first. I can.
                        I might have to play again just so I can not leave a list and irritate you again.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It wouldn't, now that I get it.

Comment

I think that if you are unable to draft at more than one or two points in the day (ie, you will hold the draft up by 6+ hours at a time on a regular basis) that you either need to always leave lists during those times, or not play in a slow draft league. Not leaving lists is fine if you're checking more than once every 2-3 hours, or are able to check more frequently when you're close to being up, but if you have 2 small windows, as some people do, on opposite sides of the day, it can be a drain: particularly because while one person doing that is usually fine (like in baseball this year), but if four or five of us were to all have the same limitations, it would take a month to finish the draft.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I can list if I am a few away, but more than 5, forget-a-bout-it.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X