No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2014 Schedule and Team Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben, go away ! It could have been 10-2. Belgium played great. Period. No errors. This was football as it is supposed to be.
    There were errors on both goals by Besler. The first one was especially egregarious.

Belgium played a fantastic match. Well deserving of the win.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Well done to Belgium though! I hope you guys beat the Argies! (I still hate you... at least for the rest of today )
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If we invade the Netherlands and take them over, can we co-opt their World Cup team (and just replace their goalie with Tim Howard)?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Props to Belgium for winning.

Next time around, the US is going to have to figure out a way to attack, and not just counter and desperation put 7 men in the box. That shaky back 4 for the US defense did far better than I expected them to. They looked far better at the WC than they did in qualifying last year.

Comment

• The american goalkeeper was very good. Expect to have lost with much bigger score if he wasn't there!
            Fell asleep during end of match so didn't watch the extra time....

Greece should have scored during that extra time, but that goalie was amazing.
            He was amazing. And I admit that even though we were the complete outsider, and costa rica got much more than it bargained for, they played with heart. We should have scored during extra time (and if you remember what salpigitis and mitroglou lost during extra time, your hair is in danger of falling!)
            And they were provocative the little fecks That's where I learned the puta madre insult!
            But they played with heart.
            I'm saddened but happy we arrived so far
            It's a great mundial so far all in all.
            (Gekas is in need of pyschological support btw )

BTW is there ever a possibility, that a latin american/african crowd will NOT support a latin american/african team when it plays with someone not latin american/african?
            They really support eachother. It felt like playing in foreign territory nearly every match (as was the case of course)

Comment

• Yes, what you guys missed is mindblowing, similar to Belgians yesterday, but they finally found the net in extra time.

It's a good world cup except if I don't think about the opening game and the one with Mexico . First the ref in the first game than a tactical disarray in the last... all in all we are about Portugal - played at 50% of our capacity and this is sad to think of, at least you Greeks did quite well except those last 30 minutes.

The crowd is definitely against Euro teams, not a surprise really.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                They looked far better at the WC than they did in qualifying last year.
                You mean the defense or the team? Because in qualifying, the US was quite fantastic.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Also, I'm arguing with people on other boards that while Wondo's miss right before end was disappointing, it wasn't a "tap in" as some are charging it to be - a volley (or half-volley perhaps) with a charging goalkeeper is not a simple shot to make. If he kept it on the ground, likely would have been blocked, so he tried to chip it and miss hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    You mean the defense or the team? Because in qualifying, the US was quite fantastic.
                    Defense.

Offensively they could do no wrong in qualifying and Gold Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post

BTW is there ever a possibility, that a latin american/african crowd will NOT support a latin american/african team when it plays with someone not latin american/african?
                      They really support eachother. It felt like playing in foreign territory nearly every match (as was the case of course)
                      The closest you could get to not supporting another team outside of Europe Argentina I think. Not a latin country but still South American.

Comment

• They should support Croatia and Greece.
                        We're cute

Comment

Also, I'm arguing with people on other boards that while Wondo's miss right before end was disappointing, it wasn't a "tap in" as some are charging it to be - a volley (or half-volley perhaps) with a charging goalkeeper is not a simple shot to make. If he kept it on the ground, likely would have been blocked, so he tried to chip it and miss hit.
                          I actually thought it'd gone in at first, but yeah it was a hard chance to take.

Comment

• Neymar has a fractured vertebrae after that horrible challenge close to the end of the game. OUCH! And really sucks for Brazil.

Comment

• the panzers beat the cocqs.

Comment

Neymar has a fractured vertebrae after that horrible challenge close to the end of the game. OUCH! And really sucks for Brazil.
                                From all reports I've seen, the referee lost complete control of the game when the players realized he left his yellow and red cards back in the locker room. 40+ fouls before a yellow was shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X