FIFA World Cup 2014 Schedule and Team Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Great game between Brazil and Chile! Chile were unlucky in penalties (Julio Caesar was pretty great though), but the better team won, IMO. Brazil was unlucky in not getting another goal during the run of play (Hulk was trying to make up for his error in letting that Chile goal go by himself during that second half)!
    In the second half, Hulk was the only Brazilian that played worth a damn. Brazil was lucky to advance.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• They weren't lucky, Chile just didn't get forward all that much in Half 2. They outshot the Chilians at quite a quip.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They weren't lucky, Chile just didn't get forward all that much in Half 2. They outshot the Chilians at quite a quip.
        quip?

Chile hits a crossbar and a post. Brazil was lucky that Chile didn't press harder in half 2. Plus being much taller than Chile helped also.

ACK!

Comment

• Hitting a crossbar and a post doesn't mean Chile was the better side. Brazil had a number of chances that they should have buried but didn't as well. One can argue that Chile was lucky it wasn't 3-1.

The Brazilians had as many shots on goal as Chile had total shots (also Chile had 5 shots on goal the entire game).

Though both teams were more interested in fouling each other, it seemed (most fouls in a WC game since 1990 Final, apparently).
          Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; June 29, 2014, 00:02.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Yahoo shows Chile having only 2 shots on goal and 13 for the game, 23 and 6 for Brazil.

ACK!

Comment

• ESPN had same total shots 23 to 13, but higher shots on goals (13 for Brazil, 5 for Chile).

Comment

• I'm betting Yahoo didn't update shots on goal for the second half or extra time.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  The German D was indomitable. Still, Belgium is not a bad matchup.

Road for the US would be Belgium and then Argentina/Switzerland.
                  Belgium are currently experiencing a golden generation and have the finest team in their countries history. They've been fairly slow to get started this world cup but the amount of talent is scary.

Comment

• Belgium are currently experiencing a golden generation and have the finest team in their countries history. They've been fairly slow to get started this world cup but the amount of talent is scary.
                    Are they as good as all the other group winners? Some pretty good teams there.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Great game between Brazil and Chile!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Gotta love a sport where you can win fewer than you half your games and still advance.
                        Only because drawing is an option.

No team lost more than than they won and went through. It is just about possible but extremely rare. Just as possible is winning 2/3rds of your games and going out.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Proud of this team

Good luck to Holland
                          and of course the Red Devils

and PUTA MADRE (pardon me)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            Belgium are currently experiencing a golden generation and have the finest team in their countries history. They've been fairly slow to get started this world cup but the amount of talent is scary.
                            Fairly slow ?

My foozball players are more mobile than them.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Personally I am a bit frightened of Belgium. They were considered a dark horse team to go far in this World Cup before the tourney started. But hopefully the US can get their issues figured out and snatch a winner!

Comment

• Don't get me wrong. I think there is a big chance Belgium will win tomorrow.

I am just so disappointed all those worldclass players can't bring attractive football.
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X