FIFA World Cup 2014 Schedule and Team Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Gotta love a sport where you can win fewer than you half your games and still advance.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The US goes through, but looked horrible against the Germans.

A bit scared to face the Belgians (who is likely the team we will play).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Btw, I'm glad Suarez got the hammer - 9 international games, 4 month ban from ANY football (including training), and $100,000+ fine.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm not, but that's because Sturridge turned me into a Liverpool fan back in November/December.

Stop biting people already you crazy idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Gotta love a sport where you can win fewer than you half your games and still advance.
              NFL when the playoff expansion goes through.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The US goes through, but looked horrible against the Germans.
                The German D was indomitable. Still, Belgium is not a bad matchup.

Road for the US would be Belgium and then Argentina/Switzerland.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

US midfielder Bradley couldn't handle a pass cleanly the entire second half, and his challenges were very late as well. I think he finally broke down from exhaustion after that second game in jungle.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                      TF was the substitutions - allegedly to open up more to attack and score, which resulted in a quick 3-0 to Mexico.

Mexico deserves to go through though, we should have done a lot better, but - meh, combined with the ref from the first game, there would be no need for changing the team in the last and so it goes.

In any case - congrats Greece, at least someone from here made it out of the group.

Greek team is nepotistic. It's only after katsouranis (who's only in the game because he's in the "clique") got expelled with two yellows that we played good against japan and even better against ivory coast.
                      There's even a facebook page dedicated to "keep him out of the game against costa rica".
                      Anyway, the logical outcome is that we'll have our asses handed to us there

Croatia was really good against brazil. I liked the ballsy gameplay in da face!!! Speaker kept refering to it as "the little brazil" or "europe's brazil".
                      I saw the match it was great

Comment

• and a heartwarming video that i saw on the news

it apparently started here

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                          US midfielder Bradley couldn't handle a pass cleanly the entire second half, and his challenges were very late as well. I think he finally broke down from exhaustion after that second game in jungle.
                          Bradley has not played well this tourney. It's even more astounding considering he was the US's best player in qualifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post

Comment

• Great game between Brazil and Chile! Chile were unlucky in penalties (Julio Caesar was pretty great though), but the better team won, IMO. Brazil was unlucky in not getting another goal during the run of play (Hulk was trying to make up for his error in letting that Chile goal go by himself during that second half)!

Comment

• Columbia was fantastic! James Rodriguez with the goal of the World Cup (yes, I preferred it to Cahill's or van Persie's).

Comment

Working...
                                X