MLB 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
    If you watched the Bears game you saw plenty of ads for the NL games on fox sports one. This is the same setup they had last few years - TBS with NLDS and another cable network with ALDS plus a few games on mlb.tv.

The lack of ads is basically acknowledging that the DS is a local affair. The World Series gets more ads, and is partially on broadcast.
    Those ads are for a Fox property, on Fox - during pro football, which farts in the general direction of MLB.

And "acknowledging the DS is a local affair" is not exactly a good excuse for ignoring the need to promote your own playoffs. That, in fact, becomes much more important when you don't have preferred media partners.

The fact that MLB has done this for a few years worth of slowly fading visibility is not exactly a ringing endorsement of their marketing vision.
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 5, 2014, 22:56.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm for the Royals throughout.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So when the Texas teams are too stinky to get to the playoffs, you just pick the one geographically closest to Texas?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not really, but that could be a consideration. It has more to do with time since last went. I generally cheer for an A.L. team, too.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The fact that MLB has done this for a few years worth of slowly fading visibility is not exactly a ringing endorsement of their marketing vision.
            No Yankees, no Red Sox. What does MLB care about Os/Royals? The only matchup they care about are the Dodgers/Cards. I'd be shocked if MLB even spends much money on the World Series this year.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              No Yankees, no Red Sox. What does MLB care about Os/Royals? The only matchup they care about are the Dodgers/Cards. I'd be shocked if MLB even spends much money on the World Series this year.
              Yet again, you show just how little you know... Yep, MLB won't support/spend much money on the World Series... just another example of BENLAND.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yet again, you show just how little you know... Yep, MLB won't support/spend much money on the World Series... just another example of BENLAND.
                Truth hurts.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm sure FOX will have many many promo spots run across their family of channels. I've already seen quite a few.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    I'm for the Royals throughout.
                    Me too. Unless the Nats can keep surviving.

Poor Tigers.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Truth hurts.
                      With every post you dig a deeper hole... As usual, you show how little you know.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

oh yeah

they're 7-0!

KC - SF

Comment

Crud:

Andrew Friedman to the Dodgers. This basically means the years of the Rays being a threat will quickly come to an end, I fear. Maybe it'll hasten a move?

Oh, and well done by KC .

And yes, baseball in general is usually a local affair. The World Series will get its pub, but the rest of it... And there really is very little threat that it'll get passed by basketball... as for hockey, LOL... hockey is in danger of being a non-entity in the US sports media.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Royals!!! 8 straight wins and on to the World Series!!

Also, for people complaining about ratings, the O's-Royals ALCS features two of the smallest markets in baseball playing each other and yet TBS has seen higher ratings this year than they saw with last year's NLCS between the Dodgers & Cardinals.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

San Fran is up 3-1. I think a KC v. SF would be a fun World Series.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Cardinals fans are the worst fans in sports... perhaps worse than Canucks fans.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X