MLB 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2014

I think with spring training 30 days out, a new thread is appropriate.

AROD is suing.

The hall of fame voting is coming under fire.

Cub fans are looking forward to another year of losing.

All is right in the world of Baseball.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    I saw Joba, which, whatever. Have there been other moves other than the Fister and Fielder deals?
    Super late response, but think of changes by position from opening day 2013. Iglesias replaces Peralta, Kinsler replaces Infante, Cabrera (at first) replaces Fielder, and Castellanos replaces Cabrera. Completely new infield.

Lombardozi replaces Ramon Santiago, and Raja Davis replaces Avasail Garcia in the left field platoon. Smyly replaces Fister in the rotation, Joba replaces him, and Joe Nathan replaces Joaquin Benoit. Plus Veras and Dotel are gone, we have some other new relievers besides Joba who I don't even remember.

And to top it all off we have Brad Asumus replacing Jim Leyland (and other coaching changes).

Even the players who are back and playing the same position in the field are going to be moved in the lineup (Jackson, Hunter). Even the strategy has changed, we're gonna see a bunch of stealing this year, the Tigers never steal. This is a HUGE change in just one season.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I was sorry to see Kinsler go. I guess circumstances of the team in general made it necessary. He's a good addition.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Didn't see this reported here.

Roy Halladay, the Sandy Koufax of the Blue Jays has retired. This was a very sad day.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, darn... the Yankees won the bidding for Tanaka:

Tanaka, 25, went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in the Japanese League last season and is considered by many to be a top-of-the-rotation starter.
          7 years, $155 mil - which may not be that much of an overpay here.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

*Opening Day bump*

Ok, now back to to talking Football 24/7/365

Comment

Blowing leads in the first game of the season?! This is going to be a long year (again).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I think Lovie Smith is moonlighting as the Cubs replay assistant. 0-1 on challenges, and 0-2 in replay decisions.

Comment

Or as their coach. Good defense and no offense.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Chicago Cubs are on the same page this year.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

But picture ever, LOLz:

Comment

Cubs offer Samardzija 5 years at $85 mil. but he turns it down with no counter-offer.

It looks like they have good hitters in the minors to be promoted over the next couple of years but doesn't look like too many starters down there. They keep drafting pitchers, but not much luck there, at least for now. How much longer do we have to wait?

Comment

Samardzija will be traded. He's at or near the top of the list of available starters.
                          Signing him would have made him more trade-friendly, not more likely to stay.
                          Cubs are hoping for a bidding war.

No-hitter for Kershaw! First of 2014...
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Attached Files
                            "

Comment

Whoa. Best team in baseball got much better (well at least for this year)! Looks like Beane is going for the big prize this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X