X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he finally gets his ring.

Decent haul for the Cubs.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What the hell were the all star selectors (generally) smoking? No Sale? No Kluber? I mean, of course Derek Jeter was an idiotic selection but what are you going to do (and if you award him a starting job because it's his last year, then where's Konerko's spot?) I know there's always a few questionable calls, but how is a top-5 pitcher left off the list??
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
        What the hell were the all star selectors (generally) smoking? No Sale? No Kluber? I mean, of course Derek Jeter was an idiotic selection but what are you going to do (and if you award him a starting job because it's his last year, then where's Konerko's spot?) I know there's always a few questionable calls, but how is a top-5 pitcher left off the list??
        There's 23 qualifying starting pitchers with a sub-3 ERA, so the competition was fierce. Sale and Kluber got screwed over because they're on mediocre teams. In addition, Sale is still short on IP to qualify and Kluber's record is 8-6.
        "

Comment

Note: Chris Sale is (according to a radio report today) one inning short of qualifying. And he's 8-1 for a mediocre team.
          More to the point, among AL starters, Sale is 4th in WAR, 1st in WHIP, and 2nd in ERA. That's pretty tough to ignore.

Look, I know people get screwed every year, even with roster expansion, due to a combination of idiot fan balloting and the "all teams represented" manifesto. But Sale's numbers say someone else should have gotten screwed this time.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm an A's fan, I know all about my players getting screwed out of the All-Star game. (Except this year ) Sale and Kluber both deserve it, and Sale will probably make it in on the final vote. Or not.
            "

Comment

Kinsler lost out.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Chicago has a decent history of rallying the last-man vote. We shall see.

Statistically/arguably, Anthony Rizzo got screwed, but 1B is pretty loaded in the NL.

Comment

The Cubs have professionals?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Texas Catholic schools have professional teachers?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Texas Catholic schools have professional teachers?
                      Last I checked Texas wasn't the worst state in the US for education.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
                        That's like saying
                        Last time I checked, Larry wasn't the dumbest stooge.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Last time I checked, Larry wasn't the dumbest stooge.
                          Yeah, and the Cubs have only one win more than the Rangers.

At least you did snap your 6 game losing streak, so that's got to count for something.

Comment

The losing was by design. Or are you really dumber than Larry? The Cubs were on a winning streak and upper management was starting to worry that we wouldn't get a good draft pick, so they traded our two best pitchers and instantly set up the losing streak.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The losing was by design. Or are you really dumber than Larry? The Cubs were on a winning streak and upper management was starting to worry that we wouldn't get a good draft pick, so they traded our two best pitchers and instantly set up the losing streak.
                              So you're saying they can't even tank properly?

Comment

Rizzo and Sale both "last man" All Stars.

Nice to see Chicago still has the ability to fix the vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X