• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, Adam Dunn pitching.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So, uh... playoffs 'n stuff.

First pitch in Tigers/O's just minutes away...
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

GO O'S!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This has been an incredible inning.

The O's fans are chanting "THIS IS AWESOME!"

Indeed it is. Indeed it is.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Inning over. FINALLY. *grumble*
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I could use a cigarette.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Is it true that the Tigers bullpen is actually composed of amateur cricket bowlers?
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I do love that the winners so far tend to be defying the CW of the experts. The jerkfaces at ESPN were positively dismissive of the Orioles, only one of which predicted they'd beat the Tigers. One even predicted Detroit in 3. Pfffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllllltt
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Today's playoff games can be "found" on Fox Sports 1 and the MLB Network.
                      Sunday's games are both on TBS.

WTFMLB...pick a lane.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I assume that TBS has the AL and FS1 has the NL with mlb having some somewhere?
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Don't know or care. My point is that MLB is making me go hunting for playoff TV, and I shouldn't have to. Speaking strictly from my personal experience, they aren't publicizing their playoffs worth a damn. I haven't seen a TV ad, a FB ad, or even a banner on a sports (or any other) website. That's actually pretty important when your playoffs aren't available on any broadcast station. Their marketing effort seems to be at its most pathetic right when the stakes are highest.

It's no wonder baseball is in danger of slipping behind hockey and basketball in the pro sports hierarchy. It's like they are trying to out-Bettman everyone.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

When your games routinely go 4+ hours, you're going to have a hard time appealing to the major networks.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

MLB 2014

If you watched the Bears game you saw plenty of ads for the NL games on fox sports one. This is the same setup they had last few years - TBS with NLDS and another cable network with ALDS plus a few games on mlb.tv.

The lack of ads is basically acknowledging that the DS is a local affair. The World Series gets more ads, and is partially on broadcast.

And four hours is ludicrous. Average is just over three (3:08 this year, up from 2:55 in 2010). Too long yes, but no longer than a football game.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Looks like it's going to be Orioles v. Royals for the AL pennant. These sweeps are pretty shocking. I honestly thought the Angels were the best team in baseball
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X