• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I hope I wasn't too hard on Ben

Comment

• The truth shouldn't hurt.
        I think he was actually starting to believe his own story. A little reality was needed,
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No way Berz... He was putting words in your mouth... Lying about conversations with you... And as usual, he was being a total dick.
          He keeps tying to blame others for his quitting.
          He wants people to see him as a victim, and in reality, everybody else was a victim to his childishness.
          Only Bennie Boy would quit in the middle of a draft because he didn't get a player he wants.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Simple facts that even he can't deny anymore.
            Boy, do you underestimate him...

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Perhaps the word "primarily" was poorly chosen, but you were a significant part of the reasons I resigned.
              So quitting is ok when you do it? And you get to blame others for it? Cool beans!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Now please leave me out of this, Ben
                Are you gonna stop sending me PMs telling me to stop bashing Ming?

So why do you keep acting like you did us a favor by quitting? We were depending on you.
                Because I did do you a favor? The league was stronger and better off with the replacement you found than it would have been with me. I know very little about baseball. I've maintained that from the start that me leaving was the best thing that ever happened to the league.

I left early enough that you were able to find someone who could replace me, and draft a team that suited their preferences. I've been in many leagues where this wasn't the case (hell, I've been autodrafted a few times.

I'm not really getting why me leaving is more of a hardship than an autodrafted team.

Why are you still smearing the guy who you said was doing you a favor, Berz?

You're so thoughtful
                What is untrue about that statement? You didn't want to ride with me so I saved you the trouble. You found someone who you did want to ride with and had a blast. I've got nothing to apologize for, other than for not saying you no one more time after you asked me. Now that I've been in a few more rodeos I would have stuck with my no, and everything would have worked out for everyone.

Then why do you keep dragging me into this?
                You're the one who's been sending me PMs telling me to stop bashing Ming. You're the one who sent me the initial invitation. Now you're on here telling me I need to apologize for my sins. For whatever reason, you've chosen to get involved and try to 'mediate' this dispute by shafting me.

Ever think how I might feel about that?

You said I called my friends aholes, or that they were being aholes, and now you've said I warned you to keep your head down as if the people who just agreed to play with you really wanted an excuse to kick you out.
                They were and you did warn me about them. You don't thing Ming's being an ******* about all this? That's my point here, Berz. You keep calling me out but covering for him. Never once have you told Ming, publicly, to cool it. Not once. Why is that, Berz?

Do you honestly think that if Ming were doing to you what he is doing to me, that I'd be coming on here and telling you to 'confess your sins?'.

I did not tell you anything of the sort, I told you dont rock the boat or dont make waves. It was polite advice, dont make me regret asking you to join.
                I regret joining. It wasn't worth getting smeared for the last several years from *******s.

You conveyed your reason for quitting, you didn't get Roy Halladay. Would you have quit if you got him?
                Ah. Right. So I said nothing about my brother?

If so, what would you have told the league? Thats what you should have told the league, not have a fit about Roy Halladay.
                I told you because I trusted you. Hey, the dude who invites me tells me not to make waves. That tells me that there's *******s that I already know who are against me joining and that I shouldn't trust them. I trusted you so I told you what was up. You know them better than I do and I knew Ming would just make up **** anyways (like he's been doing).

I dont think you instructed me to tell the league why you quit
                So then why would I tell you about my brother? Makes no sense. I have no problem with being the villain of the piece, Berz.

I remember having to decide if and how much to tell people and you just disappeared.
                Yeah, and why might that be? Because I had **** that I had to sort out and the league wasn't exactly a priority at that point.

You left me hanging on that too and now you're blaming me for not reading your mind.
                Yeah, my bro gets hurt and I'm supposed to be concerned about the league? No, I spoke with you, gave my reasons for it and I don't think it's too much to expect that the dude who insisted on recruiting me deal with the fallout. At that point in time, you were lucky to get what you did get. I had a lot of **** on my plate, that really didn't get resolved until that September. Between a busted laptop, my brother, working two jobs, etc.

I suppose its also my fault you got booted from other leagues since you expected me to smooth things over with everyone.
                Given that the league is insisting that because you never actually told them about my brother, yeah, I'd say so. Feels like a perfect setup to me. The dude that folks already don't like, invite him to baseball league, **** on him and you get him out of the other league. Bonus. Then continue ****ting on him forever!

And I'm supposed to apologize.

Ever have to apologize for someone who didn't really want to apologize?
                Yep, sure have. Multiple times.

You didn't ask me to apologize for you, but I think I did apologize for inviting you. If I didn't I should have. [b[You were getting a chance at redemption[/b]
                What chance at redemption have I been offered? Have I been reinstated to the FFZ fantasy football league? Has anyone even put that on the table as an offer for me that if I apologize that I'd be reinstated?

No.

If you're offering me that now, that would be the first time I've EVER been offered a chance at redemption.

At least you still got Poly, you've been playing here for a few years.
                Yeah. And the same dudes **** on me here.

Ming didn't make you quit and he hasn't quit any leagues for not getting a player... Ming has been a big reason we even have leagues.
                So that warrants Ming ****ting on former players? I'm not arguing that Ming hasn't been a big part of that. I'm arguing that Ming is not justified in ****ting on former league players.

Now please leave me out of this, Ben
                You chose to get me involved in this, Berz. I didn't go to you and say, "please let me into FFZ baseball." Me saying yes to you is why I'm still getting **** on 3 years later for it. I don't know any league that would be worth that.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• We were LUCKY to find somebody else... if we hadn't, we would have been totally ****ed thanks to you.
                  I said no, twice. Are you telling me you had exactly zero backup plans to my participation after I said no twice? Or did Berz simply not communicate that I said no to his offer, twice?

The fact that we did find somebody doesn't change the fact that you screwed us.
                  Ah. Right. So I screwed you when I said yes and not when I said no. I should have maintained my no and then I wouldn't have screwed you at all.

For that, nobody could trust you in fantasy leagues after that.
                  Which is why you sent that to the FFZ football league to get me kicked out. Thanks Ming.

Now, I've participated in more than 10 leagues over the years. Looking at my behavior would it indicate that I'm a player who cannot be trusted? Have I ever left a football league?

You can point to the times you didn't quit, and we can point to the time you did.
                  So you're stating that my behavior in a baseball league applies to football leagues. Ever think that maybe there's a hole in your logic there? I've never participated in a baseball draft, ever. Yet, I routinely do fantasy football every year. Logic would suggest that I have no interest in participating in baseball fantasy.

You made the right choice for yourself... not all involved.
                  If I were interested in my own self-interest over that of the league, why did I say yes?

Maybe you should take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to blame everybody else.
                  I have. I should have just said no and walked away.

And maybe if you quit here, you would see a similar reaction.
                  So you think it's ok to **** on former players on a completely different site for years after? I don't see anybody else doing that. I'd like to leave FFZ crap at FFZ, but y'all seem unable to do that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    So quitting is ok when you do it? And you get to blame others for it? Cool beans!
                    There was a smooth transition with no delay, and I played the full season. As I do for every league I play in. I blamed nobody at the time. You could look it up. Your name only came up now, when you falsely claimed that your participation in fantasy football here was without incident. Sorry, but I couldn't let that lie pass without comment.

As you stated,
                    You were and are a good commish, JR. That I'm still a part of this league is proof positive. You'll be missed, I guarantee that.

Do I think you made the right decision here for the league? Yes. Do I think you made the right decision for yourself? Yes. Do I like the appointment of EPW as commish. Yes, I do.
                    Those are straws, not beans, that you are grasping at.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Typical ben. You pleaded for Berz to speak up and back you up and then when he does you challenge everything he says since it didn't exactly jive with your version, and then have the audacity to tell him "You chose to get me involved in this". You were the one begging him to back you up.

You always try to make it about someone or something else. Grow up and take responsibility for your action (the quitting part). Your inability to do so and your consistent misrepresenting facts is the main people really dislike you.
                      What's there to like? You say you're nicer IRL. So what. Does that mean you're intentional an ******* here. If so, that could be another reason people treat you the way they do. You can't have it both ways. Try acting like the person you think you are here and maybe people would treat you better. Of course with you track record, it might be a waste of time.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Not calling anybody a liar... just reviewing the facts... you whined about your draft position and then quit THE MINUTE your player was taken by somebody else.
                        You were the only person who ever screwed everybody by quitting in the middle of a draft
                        So which is it, Ming? Did I quit before a player was chosen, or did I quit in the middle of the draft.

I left when I did rather then sticking you with an autodrafted league so that my replacement could have their own team. You bent over backwards for that player - giving him his choice of players to make up for it. You were willing to give him what amounted to his choice of players and his choice of position in the draft.

I'm glad it worked out, but it was funny to see how well you treated my replacement because you actually began to understand that the way you behaved was having a negative effect on the health of your league.

One might wonder that if you were having such personal issues
                        There was maybe a couple of days between when I chose to sign up and when the draft started. You're saying it was an emergency for the league and then that saying I had enough time to reconsider my participation. That's not really true. I had to work that day, and came home and checked to see if my brother had finished with the list. The plan was to make the picks and then manage the league together and then transition out the next year and let him run the team. Then I find out he was in the hospital after making a couple of calls...

The draft had already started when I signed onto FFZ, and by that time I knew I didn't have a list of players to actually choose from.

Where was there time for reflection and consideration anywhere in it?

we have do have problems with people that quit in the middle of a draft.
                        Others have left and had to have their team autodrafted.

You were the only person who ever screwed everybody by quitting in the middle of a draft.
                        Again, this isn't true. People have left and been autodrafted before.

Yep... they decide they don't want to play anymore, they don't QUIT. They don't make a commitment than bail when things don't go their way. Like you did.
                        You're right. I should never have made the commitment to play. Then I wouldn't have screwed you guys over. The reason you were short wasn't because of me, but because of you.

You made the commitment and then bailed. You were the one that pulled the "Bull****"
                        Do you treat any other former player this way? No. People quit all the time. I'm the only one who gets smeared for years and kicked out of all the leagues. One rule for me, one for everyone else. It's nice to finally get this out in the open.

Nobody could trust you wouldn't quit again in any other fantasy league because you didn't like your pick.
                        Have I quit on a football league ever?

But keep trying to make it out like you are the victim... and not the people you screwed when you quit after making a commitment.
                        So you think it's ok to smear a player on Apolyton for something that happened on FFZ? Haven't you whined about people carrying over their poly dealings with you to other sites?

I don't think anybody here is buying your lame sob story how you are the victim.
                        If you believed that you wouldn't have to state it. Me, I got nothing to lose here. Everyone's already decided that I'm the one to blame for what transpired. Fact is, I'm not the only one who's quit, there have been others who have done similar things and no one cares.

Comment

• Typical ben. You pleaded for Berz to speak up and back you up and then when he does you challenge everything he says since it didn't exactly jive with your version, and then have the audacity to tell him "You chose to get me involved in this". You were the one begging him to back you up.
                          Didn't you just whine about how you were uninvolved?

And yes, Berz is involved. He's also been trying to mediate this behind the scenes. I made my position clear to him that I'm willing to call a truce, but not a unilateral one. Apparently my olive branch hasn't been returned. Sad that.

You always try to make it about someone or something else.
                          I'm not sure how it's hard to understand that Berz is involved because he invited me into the league. He's confirmed that he did so, that he 'made a statement about some things and not others' to the other league owners in response to me having left. He's confirmed that he told me not to make waves.

I find it curious that he wrote something to you guys, but clearly not about my brother. Which probably explains most of what's gone on since.

Grow up and take responsibility for your action (the quitting part).
                          So why are you getting involved again here, Rah? You just whined about how it had 'nothing to do with you.'

Your inability to do so and your consistent misrepresenting facts is the main people really dislike you.
                          What facts have I misrepresented. Ming confirms that nobody's been kicked out of a football league for something that happened in a baseball league. Ming confirms that nobody's been blacklisted, ever. Ming confirmed that 'I couldn't be trusted in another league', which is what I also stated he believed. Berz confirmed that he wrote to you guys after. Ming's confirmed that he was opposed to me joining the league in the first place.

Pretty much all the players here have backed up what I said.

What's there to like? You say you're nicer IRL. So what. Does that mean you're intentional an ******* here.
                          I'm not the one who started this, rah. What does it say about you that you would smear someone and then whine about how you're actually 'uninvolved' and not fair game?

I was perfectly happy to let bygones be bygones.

If so, that could be another reason people treat you the way they do. You can't have it both ways.
                          Right. Ming's accused me of bribery before. Is he willing to withdraw and apologize for that unwarranted accusation?

Try acting like the person you think you are here and maybe people would treat you better. Of course with you track record, it might be a waste of time.
                          I have. I sent Ming a gift for all three of you to go golfing. Ask me how that worked out for me sometime.

I'm not sure how rah gets to comment on me in RL, given your past behavior.

Comment

• There was a smooth transition with no delay
                            There was a smooth transition with no delay in my case too.

So if you're justifying your case in that the league was better without you as commish, then you've got no cause to be mad at me. Everything in the end worked out, except for me.

As I do for every league I play in. I blamed nobody at the time.
                            Then you don't get to blame me for your decision to quit.

Your name only came up now, when you falsely claimed that your participation in fantasy football here was without incident.
                            I maintain that the players who hate me from before continue to do so. Which has been confirmed given their statements here. You left as commish and there were no incidents. Odd that.

Do you really want me to quote some of the things you've said to me privately, JR?

Sorry, but I couldn't let that lie pass without comment.
                            The lie that 'I'm not trustworthy' to commit to a league? Are you going to challenge that one given your experiences with me in fantasy football. Have I left a league?

You'll be missed, I guarantee that.
                            You were missed. I didn't have the *****y PMs from you. It was a glorious year.

Do I think you made the right decision here for the league? Yes. Do I think you made the right decision for yourself? Yes. Do I like the appointment of EPW as commish. Yes, I do. Those are straws, not beans, that you are grasping at.
                            I don't disagree with your decision to leave. By that point in time, you had let your feelings compromise your objectivity. Having a non-player commish should have been done years ago.

Comment

• Only Bennie Boy would quit in the middle of a draft because he didn't get a player he wants.
                              Right. Only Ming would accuse a fellow polytubby of bribery for sending him a retirement gift.

Only JR would post private PMs in their entirety. Maybe I should post the *****y ones he sent me when he was league commish.

And only Rah would whine about his uninvolvement in a ****storm he started. The 'reasonable' one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                So which is it, Ming? Did I quit before a player was chosen, or did I quit in the middle of the draft.
                                Hmmm... the draft had started, players had been picked, and you quit.
                                Sounds like the middle of the draft to me. But feel free to try to blow some more smoke. You Quit after the draft had started.

I left when I did rather then sticking you with an autodrafted league so that my replacement could have their own team. You bent over backwards for that player - giving him his choice of players to make up for it. You were willing to give him what amounted to his choice of players and his choice of position in the draft.
                                More lies... Yes, we bent over backwards... we had to, because you screwed us. But no, we didn't give him his choice of position in the draft.
                                And he didn't whine about his position like you did.

I'm glad it worked out, but it was funny to see how well you treated my replacement because you actually began to understand that the way you behaved was having a negative effect on the health of your league.
                                You were one that had the negative effect on the health of our league. And yeah, we treated your replacement like any other player that doesn't quit.
                                You were treated the same as any other player in the league... but then YOU QUIT.

There was maybe a couple of days between when I chose to sign up and when the draft started. You're saying it was an emergency for the league and then that saying I had enough time to reconsider my participation. That's not really true. I had to work that day, and came home and checked to see if my brother had finished with the list. The plan was to make the picks and then manage the league together and then transition out the next year and let him run the team. Then I find out he was in the hospital after making a couple of calls...

The draft had already started when I signed onto FFZ, and by that time I knew I didn't have a list of players to actually choose from.

Where was there time for reflection and consideration anywhere in it?
                                You had enough time to whine about your position in the draft... and then quit when your player was taken.

Others have left and had to have their team autodrafted.
                                Who? You are the ONLY person who has quit in the middle of the draft. Yes, some players have asked for BAPAY's for a few rounds because they wouldn't be around for parts of the draft, but they didn't quit the league. And then they played their teams and didn't whine about the players that they got on BAPAY's.

Again, this isn't true. People have left and been autodrafted before.
                                Again... you are lying. But we have come to expect that of you.

You're right. I should never have made the commitment to play. Then I wouldn't have screwed you guys over. The reason you were short wasn't because of me, but because of you.
                                I bolded the important part... and yes, the reason we were screced was because of YOU. YOU made a COMMITMENT, and then QUIT.

Do you treat any other former player this way? No. People quit all the time. I'm the only one who gets smeared for years and kicked out of all the leagues. One rule for me, one for everyone else. It's nice to finally get this out in the open.
                                Please name one player that quit in the middle of the draft besides you.... oh, that's right, you can't. Because you are the only one that's ever done that.

Have I quit on a football league ever?
                                You quit in a FFZ fantasy league... Simple enough. Why give you the chance to do it again.

So you think it's ok to smear a player on Apolyton for something that happened on FFZ? Haven't you whined about people carrying over their poly dealings with you to other sites?
                                FFZ, Apolyton, Whatever Site... Did you quit a league you made a commitment to? That's like murderer saying "I'm not a murderer because it didn't happen in this town" You are a quitter.

If you believed that you wouldn't have to state it. Me, I got nothing to lose here. Everyone's already decided that I'm the one to blame for what transpired. Fact is, I'm not the only one who's quit, there have been others who have done similar things and no one cares.
                                The facts are simple here... You quit, and you are the one to blame it for it.
                                And there is a reason everyone has decided that you the one to blame for what transpired... because you are to blame.
                                And one more time... You are the ONLY PLAYER who has ever quit in the middle of a FFZ draft. You can keep trying to say others did, but they didn't.

Once again, a proven liar and quitter.
                                No matter how many lies and posts you make, that doesn't change.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X