No announcement yet.

Poly IDP 2012 Draft Thread: No one can replace Ed Hochuli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I made the change on Berz's roster. I'll give it to the end of the day for anybody to speak up about any input mistakes I made, then I'll turn on roster moves.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• gla

may your superstars stay healthy and let the best team win

Comment

• Reporting all 2012 Rabbits as vicious and accounted for.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ok, teams are unlocked. Have at it, gentlemen!
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Thanks for putting it together Koya! Looks great!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• thx Koy, great job!

Comment

• *sigh*. I think I should just concede that bet early.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  *sigh*. I think I should just concede that bet early.
                  Might as well wait until it's official....not like it will matter before next season anyway. One injury could clinch it either way still. Freeman has performed well lately, and I am pleased by that.
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The sad part about my team (I refuse to believe it's as bad as 1-7), is that Sam Bradford is an 85 share of Rivers and Flacco.

Comment

• I feel much better about my season (though JR and Zopperoni are clearly the class of the field)....I just went through the summaries and did an order based on "if every team played every team every week" to see how I stood.....

86-22 JRabbit 10-2
                      82-26 Dead Horse (Zopperoni) 9-3
                      59-49 Ice Hawks (Sparrowhawk) 5-7
                      56-52 Deviations (Koyaa) 8-4
                      52-56 Calimitous Intent (Guynemer) 4-8
                      52-56 Chiefs (Berzerker) 4-8
                      50-58 Blind Squirrels (Coldwizard) 7-5
                      42-66 Mountain Goats (Jaguar) 7-5
                      39-69 Dallas Dwarf Tossers (Slowwhand) 5-7
                      22-86 Electric Slide Jedi (Ben Kenobi) 1-11

So even though I am not going to make the playoffs (without winning both of my remaining two games, and getting considerable help....including a win from Ben ) I am going to take solace in my "strength of schedule" and figure that I would have gotten it if not for that. I'm okay with that, I think last year I was 11th in points for and what few victories I got were lucky wins, so I'm going to consider this an improvement.....watch out for me next year however
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Yeah, FF is like that - in an espn league I'm 2nd in points by 15 points and ahead of third by a hundred or so, but 5-7 and sitting in 6th place right now, out of the playoffs unless I win out and get a loss by two of the 6-6 teams. In D/ST I'm at best middle of the pack in points but am probably the favorite for the two seed (Berz has an easier opponent, but Koy has a much tougher one). You win some you lose some That's why I like to play 3 or 4 leagues each year - enough averaging out of bad luck
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm 3 wins below my standard deviation given my points. Should be 4-8.

Comment

• I hope to go in more leagues next year snoopy (I was supposed to be in a money one this year which fell through). Hopefully at least one other league next year.

Ben, only in the Beniverse would you be 4-8.....I can't imagine what creative math you have used to figure yourself at 4-8.

Comment

• Ben, only in the Beniverse would you be 4-8.....I can't imagine what creative math you have used to figure yourself at 4-8
                              With neutral luck and points scored, I go 4-8. I have 1600 points vs league average of 1750, that's about a standard deviation off the mean. That's about .333 or so. Y'know actual maths.

07. Dallas Dwarf Tossers 5-7-0 .417 1613.04
                              10. Electric Slide Jedi 1-11-0 .083 1596.18

Math > you. If I pick up 17 points more next week over Slowwy I won't even be the weakest team in the league.

Anyways, 6-6 in the other league, going up against the best team in the league. Guy - you're in my playoff spot.

Comment

• Ben, you're assuming that FF scoring is in a normal distribution. I highly doubt that, given you're the lowest scorer and you're only 1 SD away by your calculation...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X