No announcement yet.

Salary Cap League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently JR is really good at fantasy. Who knew?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Week 3 Results

Sparrowhawk wins the week and vaults into the overall lead.

Standings
      Rank Pick Set Name Points
      1 Ice Hawks 259.32
      2 Vicious Rabbits 254.27
      3 Deviations 249.98
      4 CW 231.13
      5 A Hard Third and Long 230.76
      6 Ramsey's prime choice 226.87
      7 Mingapulcos 218.18
      8 Da boyz 210.85
      9 Ya got change for 100?? 209.72
      10 berz 205.58
      11 Dallas Dwarf Tossers 198.52
      12 U a Pro? 193.78
      13 RAH's crappy pix 184.84
      14 Brandon's Marshalls 178.19
      15 bogeybears 165.74
      16 Demoncaps 144.36
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yay, i'm not in last! Sigh...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

WEEK FOUR RESULTS

Rah blew everybody away scoring 105 points for the week.... CONGRATS!
          Jr still holds a slim lead in the overall standings

STANDINGS
          1 Vicious Rabbits 333.08
          2 Ice Hawks 331.02
          3 Ramsey's prime choice 320.46
          4 Deviations 312.74
          5 A Hard Third and Long 310.64
          6 CW 302.24
          7 Mingapulcos 295.19
          8 Ya got change for 100?? 290.98
          9 RAH's crappy pix 289.95
          10 berz 288.29
          11 Da boyz 283.11
          12 U a Pro? 273.16
          13 Brandon's Marshalls 268.85
          14 Dallas Dwarf Tossers 262.63
          15 bogeybears 231.86
          16 Demoncaps 209.77
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Jr still holds a slim lead in the overall standings

Still? STILL? What about the guy that led this after last week? Has he been forgotten so soon?

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

YEP
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

How in the world am I third??? I am never high in the standings in this league! I don't think i will make any changes in the my lineup if this keeps up.

Comment

I know what you mean. I suck at this - and I'm leading!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    I know what you mean. I suck at this - and I'm leading!
                    Still!
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Props to you, Sparrow. Making up for your unaccustomed early exit from Survivor with some kickass Salary Cap action. I note that our rosters share several players.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Props to you, Sparrow. Making up for your unaccustomed early exit from Survivor with some kickass Salary Cap action. I note that our rosters share several players.
                        Thanks JR, I really enjoy Survivor Football, and am still kicking myself for thinking that any team could beat Miami, even Oakland ( Really? Oakland? ) in Miami. Stupid logic, as I could have taken several other better picks, though early in the season it's a big toss up (as the many that picked New England at home against Arizona found out). Ah well, we may all get another shot at it this year.

As for my Salary Cap team, I am pretty happy with how that turned out (so far), though I did make one change that makes our teams more similar, dropping Macklin and picking up AJ Green (pretty cheaply as I recall).

I'm not a big fan of the way the Salary cap works, as I think it would be much more interesting if when you sold a player you received the value that the player was selling for on that day, rather than the value you bought him for. It would make it much easier to juggle your roster (as by this point in the season may of the players have risen too much in value to make any change). Basically it seems with salary cap that you have to get a little lucky at the start of the season or you have no shot of improving later.

Comment

One of the older salary cap leagues we played allowed you to sell for current value instead of what you paid for them... it was a lot more fun.
                          I think it was ESPN. We should look into that for next year.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yeah, I think they did it that way when Salary Cap first started, back in the Pleistocene.

This way, there's lots of value potential in the first couple weeks, which quickly disappear as soon as people start scoring TDs. It's a crapshoot after that, but there are still some nice bargains here and there. I think the big salary reset was around week 11 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              One of the older salary cap leagues we played allowed you to sell for current value instead of what you paid for them... it was a lot more fun.
                              I think it was ESPN. We should look into that for next year.
                              Yeah, I'd definitely like that model better. I assume it went away because of a rich-get-richer problem?
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I start to agree, but (and wait for it, Jr) the current mode puts further emphasis on...planning.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X