No announcement yet.

NHL Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iggy has been the heart and sole of the Flames.
    He's reached the SCF as many times as Luongo. If he's the heart, then he's not doing them much good.

Four to 6 years ago
    That was then. This is now. Things change.

Iggy makes a lot of sense for a team with the cap space that wants to make the push for the cup and on a team with a variety of offensive weapons, he could and likely would flourish. It would be a big change to be on a team where the opposition cannot solely focus their defensive plan on stopping him
    For about 2 million as a supporting cast, he's not bad. Any more than that and you're wasting money.

BUt the Flames have not been a playoff team and that means changes should be made.
    Exactly. It's not as if their troubles are transitory.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Your stupidity warms my heart.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

For about 2 million as a supporting cast, he's not bad. Any more than that and you're wasting money.

JUst curious Ben but how many guys who have 30 goals in each of lets say the last 5 seasons are currently making 2 million. Lets make it easier-- How many guys with TWO consecutive 30 goal seasons in the last two years make 2 million.

AS usual you go to extremes in your statements so that your statement is laughable
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You just knew Philly was being way too quiet this off-season:

A person with knowledge of the decision says the Philadelphia Flyers have signed Nashville star defenceman Shea Weber to a 14-year offer sheet worth more than $100-million.

"The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Very interesting.

There is talk of Philly trading players back to Nashville for a couple of the firsts if Nashville does not match.

It has happened before.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

JUst curious Ben but how many guys who have 30 goals in each of lets say the last 5 seasons are currently making 2 million. Lets make it easier-- How many guys with TWO consecutive 30 goal seasons in the last two years make 2 million.
              Moulson is one, and he makes about 2.5 and is younger than Iginla, on the way up. Eberle put up 35 goals last season on a salary of 1 million.

Iggy at 7 is more than almost all the players who were more productive than him were paid. 2, 2.5 is about right for him at this stage in his career.

AS usual you go to extremes in your statements so that your statement is laughable
              Iggy at 7 is bat**** insane.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Comparing Iggy to rookies on entry-level salaries. Good stuff.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nash might be a Ranger.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...o-the-rangers/
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

That was pretty much an inevitability.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• May all be moot if they botch the CBA agreement.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Moulson is one, and he makes about 2.5 and is younger than Iginla, on the way up. Eberle put up 35 goals last season on a salary of 1 million.

Iggy at 7 is more than almost all the players who were more productive than him were paid. 2, 2.5 is about right for him at this stage in his career.

Iggy at 7 is bat**** insane.

To be clear ...is that zero players you found that have had two consecutive 30 goal seasons and made 2 million or less? I am looking for support for your contention that Iggy is worth only 2. I have not spoken in support of 7 and will not do so.

The focus is 2 million. Let's try it a different way . Please name 5 comparable players who have more than 8 years in the NHL and who make 2 million dollars a year.

Oh and didn't Semin just sign a contract for 7 million ?
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post

Comparing Iggy to rookies on entry-level salaries. Good stuff.
                          And even then he had no examples that met even the easier of the two tests I set lol

Comment

• Semin at 7 million

Doan.. A quality character guy but 35 years old and is a 20 goal guy... Apparently wants 30 million over 4 seasons... I don't know if anyone will Go for that but apparently 16teams are interested

Paul Gaustad...Shea weber, Paris's, Suter

It seems it's big money for everyone and given this salary inflation,it's looking like Iggy at 7 million is just fine

Oh Ben. How is your list of experienced two million dollar men coming ? Still curious to see even a couple of names lol

Comment

• Very good article about the CBA talks:

I'm worried there won't be any pro hockey this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                                I'm worried there won't be any pro hockey this year.
                                I am worried I will give up trying to follow hockey completely if there is a third work stoppage.

The players make more, the owners make more, the fans pay more and the seats are still full. I know, lets have another work stoppage and see if all the fans come back again

I sincerely hope they work it out and there is no interuption, but if past precedent is any indication, there will be another interuption.

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X