X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, wake up!

BREAKING NEWS Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:50 AM EST
    N.H.L. and Players Union Reach Tentative Agreement to End Lockout

The National Hockey League and its players union reached a tentative agreement early on Sunday to settle the N.H.L. lockout.
    The agreement was reached around 5 a.m. at a Midtown Manhattan hotel after a 16-hour negotiating session. It was confirmed by an N.H.L. official who requested anonymity because a joint announcement had not yet been made.
    Pending ratification by the players and owners, a 48- to 50-game schedule is expected to begin before Jan. 20, with the Stanley Cup expected to be awarded by the end of June.
    The agreement was reached around 5 a.m. at a Midtown Manhattan hotel after a 16-hour negotiating session. Pending ratification by the players and owners, a 48- to 50-game schedule is expected to begin before Jan. 20.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• FINALLY! Can't wait for NHL to be back.
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• tsn doing live coverage online if you want to watch it.
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• woot!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• *******s. Bunch of ****ing *******s.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I was actually hoping for them to cancel the season.
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I was going to both the Winter Classic in Ann Arbor AND the All-Star Weekend here in Columbus this season.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I too was thinking it might be better if they cancelled whole season. Just so upset with both sides on this one. I probably will not watch first week or two of games as a protest, not that it will help that much. I'd love to see the fans boycott games both in person and on TV for a few weeks to get the message through that we are very upset, but it won't happen.

Comment

• Once they sign this one I think someone should start a "countdown to the lockout" website because I am sure there will be another lockout when the new agreement is up. (I would but I don't know how)

I would also like a comprehensive list of all the sponsors of the league so I know who's products to boycott.
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Well, they are saying it's a ten year deal so it's a little too early to start the "countdown to the lockout" talk. I'm sure you can find a list of NHL sponsors online.

Comment

• I think there's an 8 year out clause though.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Brian Burke fired as GM of Toronto out of the blue today. Apparently a total shock to Burke, Nonis (who is replacing him) and the media. Word is it wasn't so much performance but rather that he's a total dick to the press and now that the Leafs are owned by two media giants, that just wasn't going to fly.

I don't like the Leafs or Burke, but it's kind of fun to watch the media storm around this.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Brian Burke out as GM of Toronto. That should keep the media types in the centre of the hockey universe busy for a while. I wonder if he thought he had better bring in Luongo to make the playoffs (realizing they wouldn't win it all with him but should get there at least) and upper management disagreed or if he didn't think he should bring in Luongo (as he knew they wouldn't win the cup with him) and uppermanagement disagreed....or maybe they just finally got tired of his attitude (I know I did a long time ago, though I suspect him to be one of the smarter minds in hockey...contrary to his lack of success in Toronto).

Comment

Working...
                            X