No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Hester is pretty distraught over it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Tell you what, we'll trade you Hester for Austin.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Uh...no.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Didn't think so. My point being that Hester provides almost nothing so if he does decide to 'retire', that'd be fine with me. He can take Urlacher with him too.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Anyone else notice that there were no in-season coach firings? Isn't that very unusual?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              It was worth the vikings winning since it got rid of Lovie. I know the players really liked him but so what. Unlike JR, I'm not as worried who will replace him since anybody they bring it has to know about offense more than Lovie.
              Your GM should be fired. But hey, you'll still be hopelessly cynical no matter what happens.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                The fact that the Bears were getting interview permissions early this morning indicates that GM Phil Emery has been planning for this contingency for awhile now.
                GM should have fired himself.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Maybe you can hire AJ Smith. I hear he's available.

Let's see. Chargers beat the Faders. Norv Turner AND AJ Smith get fired, the Bears miss out on the playoffs and AP misses out on the record. The Stillers lose and aren't in the playoffs Aside from Denver with Peyton Manning getting in, and the Pats getting in, it's been a great two days for me.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Gawd, as a Marty, LT and Bresus lover, it's so good to be proven right.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Maybe you can hire AJ Smith. I hear he's available.

Let's see. Chargers beat the Faders. Norv Turner AND AJ Smith get fired, the Bears miss out on the playoffs and AP misses out on the record. The Stillers lose and aren't in the playoffs Aside from Denver with Peyton Manning getting in, and the Pats getting in, it's been a great two days for me.
                      You are such a ****ing sad person.

Comment

• You are such a ****ing sad person.
                        Maybe the Bears will hire Norv Turner!

Comment

• The part I love is that Ben feels somehow "proven" right...

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          GM should have fired himself.
                          As for Phil Emery, he's only had one year as GM, and was required to let Lovie coach it. Don't know why you think he did such a terrible job under those conditions.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The part I love is that Ben feels somehow "proven" right...
                            Damn straight. I was PIZZZED when they let Bresus go. Then I got to see Bresus win a superbowl ring with another team while LT got jack ****. I've been pissed for a long time about how one of the greatest backs in the history of the game was disrespected by the Chargers organization. He never should have left San Diego.

I was also pissed, when you take the most successful year this sorry candy ass-franchise has and you fire the coach who made it happen - Marty Schottenheimer - when you take the greatest collection of talent that the NFL had seen, and you slowly piss it down the drain.

Yeah, I've been a sorry, frustrated, young man over the course of this season and since 2006. I've waited. and Waited. And Waited. For this day to come, and now it's here! Finally!

Also, Ron Wolf! Hot Damn! Apparently the Spanos' are cleaning house!

Comment

• To be fair, Brees had a career-threatening injury (in the last game of a 9-7 season) when he was allowed to leave. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity. And they kept LT for a couple more years -- as long as he was useful. He didn't exactly make them regret it with his post-SD performance.

I agree Schottenheimer got screwed. Might not have happened if he had won even ONE playoff game for the Bolts. Interesting that he's never resurfaced in the NFL in any capacity.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• To be fair, Brees had a career-threatening injury (in the last game of a 9-7 season) when he was allowed to leave. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity.
                                So you get the man for less than he's worth, sign him up longterm and ride him and LT into the superbowl. Hell, I was a Brees fan on here, before he got canned. It's rare you have a QB his age with that much experience. I remember the days when he first started with the Chargers - that wasn't an easy time but Marty pulled it off, he dragged the Bolts back to respectability. Helluva a QB, and was proven right on that.

And they kept LT for a couple more years -- as long as he was useful. He didn't exactly make them regret it with his post-SD performance.
                                He's the best damn RB the Bolts ever had, and they've had some decent ones over the years. You land two without question hall of famers in the 2001 draft, plus a hall of fame Tight End in Gates, that's enough for a superbowl right there and what do the Chargers have to show for it? They don't even have a superbowl appearance, let alone a ring.

I agree Schottenheimer got screwed.
                                If they were as patient with him, as they were with Norv, they'd have a ring today and we wouldn't be having this conversation. That is what makes me so angry. The window was wide open for them - now it's not.

Comment

Working...
                                X