No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You had high praise for Hasselbeck's performance last year but Vick stunk up the joint?
    Vick was 45 bucks Hasselbeck was 1.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Vick was 45 bucks Hasselbeck was 1.
      Are we talking your fantasy league or real life?

You said Vick stunk up the joint but Hasselbeck played well IN REAL LIFE... but they had nearly identical stats.

Vick might have underperformed relative to expectations and Hasselbeck overperformed relative to expectations... but that just shows that Vick is considered a better QB by EVERYONE at this point in their careers.

If an equal performance by Vick is considered bad, that must mean he's better than Hasselbeck.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hasselbeck is riding pine.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Hasselbeck is riding pine.
          Indeed he is. And Vick is injured but a definitive starter.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Bears-Giants, third preseason game.
            Should be fun.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• First quarter impressions, half-watching with audio muted...

David Wilson looks like the real deal.
              Julius Peppers remains awesome.
              Akamura injured, no apparent cause.
              Brandon Marshall looks Megatronic.
              The referees are pathetic.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Akamura injured, no apparent cause.
                Yeah that sounds like him.

Doug Martin's solid in the Tampa game. 10 for 42 rushing and a score with 3 for 12 receiving.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 24, 2012, 21:31.

Comment

• Prince tackled Brandon Marshall on a short pass completion, just a typical play.

CALL THE MEDICS!

Scrubs are in now. Time for a little Civ.

Comment

• I'm serious. These referees suck.

Roughing the passer for hitting David Carr on his shoulder pad?
                    Forced Carr to throw a second interception to ensure a NYG loss.

If the real refs are not bak for Week 1, it will be a travesty. Totally random results would ensue.

did I mention I'm drunkposting tonight?

Comment

• Russell Wilson went 13/19 for 185yds 2 scores and ran for 58 rushing as a starter last night...

He's better than Matt Flynn. There's no way Pete Carroll names Flynn the starter. He has a potential rookie of the year in Wilson.

Through three total NFL games, Wilson has completed 35 of 56 passes for 464 yards, five touchdowns, one interception, and he has the NFL's best preseason quarterback rating at 119.4.
                      Plus he has a ton of rushing yards. Dude's way too good to sit on the bench, regardless of what they're paying Flynn.

Comment

• I agree that Wilson has looked great and will almost certainly be named starter. Fortunately, they're paying Flynn "only" 3yrs, $19.5MM. Considering Wilson is a 3rd-rounder, their investment in the QB position is very reasonable.

Maybe you missed it, but they've already given the ROY to Andrew Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          First quarter impressions, half-watching with audio muted...

David Wilson looks like the real deal.
                          Julius Peppers remains awesome.
                          Akamura injured, no apparent cause.
                          Brandon Marshall looks Megatronic.
                          The referees are pathetic.
                          Yep, agree with you on all points. Hope they look better when they play Pack (not worried about Colts).

Comment

• Actually, I expect Luck to put up good numbers against the Bears.

Comment

• Vick might have underperformed relative to expectations and Hasselbeck overperformed relative to expectations
                              Thank you. It's hard to 'stink up the joint', when you have low expectations.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Russell Wilson named Seattle's starter... Tarvaris Jackson traded to Buffalo... Vince Young cut.

The Jets and Rams swap offensive tackles in Wayne Hunter and Jason Smith.

The Patriots cut their backup WR's from 2007 that they brought back in Jabar Gaffney and Donte Stallworth.
                                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 28, 2012, 04:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X