NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Illustrated's Peter King:

"Handcuffs are off Matt Ryan. He'll have the ability to throw for some ridiculous numbers (5,000 yards is very realistic) with new coordinator Dirk Koetter sending Julio Jones flying deep."
    5000 yards... Matt Ryan... very realistic...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Everyone can throw for 5000 yards now!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I have him around 4360, for what it's worth. He's only been in the league four years. I think we forget that. Quarterbacks make substantial leaps in ability up until about year 8 or so.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Brian Urlacher has knee surgery (gee, what a surprise), but Bears say he will be ready for season opener. Yeah, maybe, but with no practice and then the second game is four days later against the Pack? That's not good.

Comment

• nfl.com has Stafford ranked at 9.

9. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions: Stafford stayed out of the trainer's room and thrived for the Lions and fantasy owners alike, throwing for 5,038 yards and 41 touchdowns in 2011. As long as he remains free of those worrisome injuries, there's no reason Stafford won't continue to roar in 2012.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
              I have him around 4360, for what it's worth. He's only been in the league four years. I think we forget that. Quarterbacks make substantial leaps in ability up until about year 8 or so.
              Injuries are the biggest threat to him, whether thats calvin himself or the rest of the team.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                Injuries are the biggest threat to him, whether thats calvin himself or the rest of the team.
                I thought he was talking about Matt Ryan
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  I thought he was talking about Matt Ryan
                  That he was. Whoops. Statement still applies to Stafford

Comment

• Bad news. Medically, this could be really bad.
                    Hope he recovers.

Coach Tom Coughlin indicated that the blood clot in DT Shaun Rogers' leg is a season-ending injury.
                    It's bad luck for a player who had shown renewed commitment by dropping 50 pounds since the start of the offseason. With Marvin Austin (back) and Chris Canty (knee) also sidelined, the Giants' depth up front has taken a hit. Turning 34 in March, Rogers may have played his last NFL snap.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Watch Chad Johnson get cut on video (from HArd Knocks)

Comment

• Intriguing.

London Olympics silver medalist Jeff Demps is expected to sign a contract Friday afternoon with the New England Patriots, according to multiple sources.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Raiders' defender Tommy Kelly on Kevin Kolb:

After the game, Kelly had more thoughts on the matter, per the Associated Press. "He is skittish," Kelly said of Kolb. "He is scared back there. Anytime anybody gets close to him, he starts looking at the refs. As a defensive lineman you love a quarterback like that. He ain't even trying to look at the routes no more. He is playing attention to us and you ain't going to get nothing done like that."
                          The seeds were definitely there in Philly the way Kolb was checkdown Charlie and kept getting happy feet. The University of Houston product is starting to play like the Houston Texans' former QB, David Carr.

Still better than Vick, Ben?

Comment

• Still better than Vick, Ben?
                            Seeing as our bet was playoffs - it was a push.

The good thing is that Vick stunk up the joint so badly last year that Desean was devalued.

It's like asking if the cripple is better than the gimp.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              It's like asking if the cripple is better than the gimp.
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                                Meh, Coach B hasn't been satisfied w/ the special teams play. If anything, Demps will be a K/P returner for now. At least the Jets didn't get him, heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X