NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Sad, yes, but if I'm him I'm just happy I'm breathing and walking at this point. That looked worse than Theismann's leg, and in a far more dangerous spot on the body.
    He is.

Johnny Knox's life changed dramatically when he took a devastating hit in December 2011. Fourteen months later, Knox realizes that his NFL career is over.

"As an athlete, you don't want to give up, you want to keep on fighting. That's how I've always been," Knox told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "But it's been on my heart for a while. I know how my body feels, and I know I'm not going to be the same and perform at the ability that I used to.

"So I'm moving on and going forward."

The news does not come as a huge surprise just one day after the Bears terminated Knox's contract. But Knox's agent previously indicated that Knox would try to play again.

It's a sad story for such a young, promising player. Just a few days after the birth of his second child, Knox was drilled in the back while playing the Seattle Seahawks. He had spinal fusion surgery the next day and missed all of the 2012 season.

Knox has pushed himself in rehabilitation, but he walks with a limp and can't stand comfortably. The only time he's not in pain is when lying down. But he's grateful to have a relatively normal life.

"I was centimeters away from being paralyzed, so just sitting here and talking, I'm appreciative of that," Knox says. "Just the hard work that I had to put in. Just to be able to stay in and do everything in my daily life that I used to do."

Knox's short career will be remembered for a Pro Bowl appearance as a rookie return man. He was also the leading receiver on the 2010 Bears team that reached the NFC title game.

His career ended suddenly, but Knox does not sound like a man that feels wronged.

"My whole life, I've always been positive, and people ask me, 'Man, why are you so positive?'

"But I know things will work out for the best."
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• You'd seem a lot less retarded if you just admit you are wrong.
      Nobody's accepted my challege on Luck having the better career than RGIII.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• That was never the issue you moron... The discussion was about the Rookie of the Year.
        And you were owned on that one. But since you were, you are trying to pull your normal crap of switching the debate to something else to avoid looking as stupid as you are.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Seeing as I started skipping your post several hundred back, I don't recall ever hearing it. I'm not douting that you ever said it, but I don't think that anyone here would argue Luck>RGIII for a total career. I know I wouldn't; but like Ming said, it wasn't about career, it was about only their rookie season. Career wise is a whole different ball game.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Nobody's accepted my challege on Luck having the better career than RGIII.
            Nobody cares about helping you compensate for your feelings of inadequacy.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
              That injury probably bought him a few years before his brain turns to mush and he murders his family.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Knox has officially retired.

A day after saying he still wanted to play in the NFL despite the Bears terminating his contract, Johnny Knox has decided to retire.

Knox told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times that he has to face the reality that he still has trouble walking — and isn’t even close to being able to run with the speed of an NFL wide receiver — more than 13 months after suffering a devastating back injury. As a result, Knox said, he is trying to make peace with the fact that he will never play football again.

“As an athlete, you don’t want to give up, you want to keep on fighting. That’s how I’ve always been,” Knox said. “But it’s been on my heart for a while. I know how my body feels, and I know I’m not going to be the same and perform at the ability that I used to. So I’m moving on and going forward.”
                For those who don't remember it, here's the career-ending hit:

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  That injury probably bought him a few years before his brain turns to mush and he murders his family.
                  Maybe you should play football.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• No wonder he was fired. Needless to say, I don't agree with him.

Tannenbaum: Wilson over Kaepernick and RG3
                    Former New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum joins "NFL Total Access" to give his opinion on which young quarterback he would build a franchise around. The answer may surprise you.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Knox has officially retired.

For those who don't remember it, here's the career-ending hit:

Just can't watch that again. I'm still surprised he is doing as well as he is, but the reports say he still is not walking well. Not a surprise that he retired and kudos to the Bears for paying him last year. Hope he does well with the rest of his life, whatever he chooses to do.

Comment

• Titus Young to be cut by Rams?
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• More proof that, no matter how much talent you have, it's still possible to screw up your career with a toxic attitude.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Maybe you should play football.
                            wow
                            maybe you should ice your ladyparts there pardner

also, i hear this works wonders
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              No wonder he was fired. Needless to say, I don't agree with him.
                              He may not be wrong about Wilson, but since he was the guy responsible from bringing Tebowner to NYJ, that's not a good sign.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• that anyone here would argue Luck>RGIII for a total career.
                                So here's my question - given that we have just a single season to go on, if one sincerely believes that RGIII was the better quarterback this year, wouldn't that translate to having a better career overall?
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X