Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    You're talking to the guy who said spelled them "Cheatroits"
    Why would he call them the Cheatroit Lions? I mean they play dirty but still. Is there some unforgivable evil the Lions committed?

I wonder how Ben will feel about whatever team hires Norv. Will he hate or love that team?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Why would he call them the Cheatroit Lions? I mean they play dirty but still. Is there some unforgivable evil the Lions committed?

I wonder how Ben will feel about whatever team hires Norv. Will he hate or love that team?
      He was referring to the Patriots. Yeah...I know...
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• And Ben, I have to disagree about Peterson. From all accounts he's a humble and good man. He said he hadn't talked with Dickerson or any others, but who he'd really like to talk with is Walter Payton. I thought that was a very bright choice.
        I don't think it's strange that people like Peterson. People like Vick too. :shrug: I don't like AP and I don't think I ever will. The more people throw trash at me telling me I have to like AP - the less likely that I'll like him.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I wonder how Ben will feel about whatever team hires Norv. Will he hate or love that team?
          Right - because I hate ex-chargers. I'm happy if he's coaching. Somewhere else.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Lawrence Taylor is LT. LDT is Ladanian. Deal with it.
            LT is LT - Tomlinson.

Nobody's going to remember who Lawrence Taylor is, except for all the hookers and blow. Sad truth.

Comment

• Is there some unforgivable evil the Lions committed?
              Someone in Detroit probably said Barry Sanders was better than Tomlinson.

The funny part (at least as relates to fantasy football) is that Ben's most successful team in IDP was the year he drafted all Chargers -- LaDainian, Rivers, Gates, some WR, probably even their kicker and definitely some of his IDP defenders. He was mocked for it (certainly by me), but actually had a pretty decent year IIRC. And it served to reinforce this whole meme for him.

I'm just waiting for the day one of his most beloved (or hated) players switches sides.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                LT is LT - Tomlinson.

Nobody's going to remember who Lawrence Taylor is, except for all the hookers and blow. Sad truth.
                Spoken like a youngster who never saw Lawrence Taylor play.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And Ben wonders how I managed to have such a good draft with him sitting over me at #2 before my double picks. Thanks for leaving me Adrian Petersen in IDP, dude. Much appreciated.
                  If you're in the second slot, your most important picks are 1,3,5,7,9. Drafting one slot behind an ideal draft means that my team will be the weakest. Thanks to the snake. Not much I can do about that...

Fitz hurt me bigtime. My strategy actually was ok, RB was thin this year and I drafted three RBs that were starting calibre. Swap Roddy for Fitz and Manning for PR, and I do just fine. Part of my problem is that I wanted to try some different players that I liked and hadn't had a chance to draft. All the WRs that were up were players that I'd liked and owned before. I love Roddy, but I wanted to try someone different. Next year I'll go back to drafting my faves.

So basically, anyone unfortunate enough to either coach or get drafted by a non-San Diego team in the AFC West, plus any other team they may ever play for, plus anyone who knocked Schottenheimer out of the playoffs, is on Ben's ****list for life. Plus anyone who compares himself favorably to Saint Tomlinson. The best part is that Ben can hold these grudges for years, and takes it seriously -- as if these grievous ills were actually aimed at him personally.
                  That amounts to the division rivals (with the exception of Manning), all the Patriots, and AP. Isn't my ****list in IDP well known?
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 1, 2013, 03:51.

Comment

• The funny part (at least as relates to fantasy football) is that Ben's most successful team in IDP was the year he drafted all Chargers -- LaDainian, Rivers, Gates, some WR, probably even their kicker and definitely some of his IDP defenders. He was mocked for it (certainly by me), but actually had a pretty decent year IIRC. And it served to reinforce this whole meme for him.
                    I won in auction last year without drafting a single Charger. I did, FINALLY, get to draft Bresus. Rode Bresus + MJD to a championship.

Comment

• Spoken like a youngster who never saw Lawrence Taylor play.
                      Was he any good?

Comment

• MRT - interesting fact.

Chargers playoff appearances without LT -> 0.

Chargers playoff games with LT = 8.

Non-LT playoff games since Coryll = 6. LT is responsible for 60 percent of the Chargers playoff appearances since 1984. Over almost 30 years.

Comment

• No, oh no. I do NOT like Vick. I don't like him as an NFL QB, nor do I like him as a person. I have no use for him in any way. As far as I'm concerned, he can eat **** and die.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Was he any good?

Far better at his position than Tomlinson ever was at his.

Taylor changed the way the game is played.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              I'm also surprised at the Urlacher hatred. The man has been a rock for years and will likely be in the HOF, so...
                              It comes from him being an absolute ass. He has always been distant and short with the fans, but after the loss to the Vikings he ran to the Fox Media group and told them "There are only two people I don't care about, the media and the fans." F**k him. If it wern't for the fans he'd be some stupid knuckle dragger making $10/hr. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Moron. I hope he's gone so he can hate some other teams fans.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post

Far better at his position than Tomlinson ever was at his.

Taylor changed the way the game is played.

ACK!
                                No. No, no and no. Taylor was an incredible phyical talent that was too high on coke to coach in any way other than 'Ugh! You go get Quaterback!'. The only way he 'changed the way the game was played' was by forcing his own Defensive Cooridinator to play with 10 guys.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X