No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I very clearly remember Imran defending Vick vehemently. I remember him pointing out the Falcons W-L record with him injured compared to with him playing.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Vick had injury troubles early in his career? Good thing Philadelphia didn't have him back then, imagine what their record would be today if Vick was dealing with injuries this year!

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Vick had injury troubles early in his career? Good thing Philadelphia didn't have him back then, imagine what their record would be today if Vick was dealing with injuries this year!
        Man, who could have possibly predicted Vick would suck this year.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Well truth be told you predict that every year, so not really surprising that you predicted it this year....were you right two years ago?
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Well truth be told you predict that every year, so not really surprising that you predicted it this year....were you right two years ago?
            He was drafted in the first round in IDP as a 'top 5 QB'. Did he suck less two years ago? Sure. Did he still suck? Absolutely.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              You've been spreading bull**** for years about me on this to the point where its affected others' opinions of me on the matter. No more Mr. Nice Guy.
              I don't think so, but it's sure fun seeing you spin up.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Did he suck less two years ago? Sure.
                8-3 record, 251.5 yds/game, 56.3 rushing yds/game, 21 passing TDs, 9 rushing TDs with only 6 picks and a QB rating of 100.2 in 11 starts sucks by who's definition?

Per game, Vick was the single most productive and efficient QB of the 2010 season. The game against Washington was one of the greatest QB performances of all time (20/28 333yds 4TDs, 8/80 rushing with 2 rushing TDs).

Arguably that game and that season has haunted the Eagles because it caused them to go all-in on Vick expecting a Super Bowl run.

The man Jim Mora called a 'coach-killer' has struck again. Vick is the enticing mirage that coaches futilely stake their careers on.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Passes completed

1. Peyton Manning* · IND 450
                  2. Drew Brees* · NOR 448
                  3. Matt Schaub · HOU 365
                  4. Carson Palmer · CIN 362
                  5. Philip Rivers* · SDG 357
                  5. Matt Ryan* · ATL 357
                  7. Sam Bradford · STL 354
                  8. Eli Manning · NYG 339
                  9. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 324
                  10. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 312

Passing Yards.

1. Philip Rivers* · SDG 4710
                  2. Peyton Manning* · IND 4700
                  3. Drew Brees* · NOR 4620
                  4. Matt Schaub · HOU 4370
                  5. Eli Manning · NYG 4002
                  6. Carson Palmer · CIN 3970
                  7. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 3922
                  8. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 3900
                  9. Matt Ryan* · ATL 3705
                  10. Kyle Orton · DEN 3653

Touchdowns.

1.Tom Brady*+ · NWE 36
                  2. Drew Brees* · NOR 33
                  2. Peyton Manning* · IND 33
                  4. Eli Manning · NYG 31
                  5. Philip Rivers* · SDG 30
                  6. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 28
                  6. Matt Ryan* · ATL 28
                  8. Matt Cassel* · KAN 27
                  9. Carson Palmer · CIN 26
                  10. Joe Flacco · BAL 25.
                  10. Josh Freeman · TAM 25

See any Vick? Nope. 3 most important stats for a QB, and Vick isn't even in the top 10 for any of them.

Vick's ranks - Passing yards (20), Passing TDs, (16), and Pass Completions (24).

Vick wasn't even as good as the average NFL starter in 2010. Did he suck less that year? Sure. Did he still suck? Yes.

Comment

• Vick isn't, and never has been, a viable NFL QB. He acted like he was going to make the effort when he first got to Philly, but that quickly fell to the wayside.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Oh, good. We definitely need to discuss this topic again... Do go on.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Vick's not even top 5 among Black QBs.

1. Warren Moon
                        2. Donovan McNabb
                        3. Randall Cunningham
                        4. Steve McNair
                        5. Daunte Culpepper

I never hear Albie talking about McNair or Culpepper, despite the fact that they were far better QBs than Vick. Why?

Comment

• 2011, his best passing season.

Vick - 17th for passing yards, 16th for passing TDs, 21st for completions. I don't believe Vick has ever performed better in those three stats than the mean average NFL starting Quarterback, in *any* of these three statistics. In all his years in the NFL. Not even once better than 16th. Says it all, really. Cam Newton, as a rookie, did something Vick has never done - place in the top ten for passing yards in a season. So why the hype over Vick? Newton's the real deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Vick's not even top 5 among Black QBs.
                            Forgive my ignorance, but what difference does it make that he is black? Are we discussing QB's or race?

Comment

• Forgive my ignorance, but what difference does it make that he is black? Are we discussing QB's or race?
                              That's an excellent question. Albert - what's the answer to this?

Comment

• Are you shocked that Ben is a closet racist?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X