Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLATO
    replied
    The Broncos have $44.7 million in cap room. Even with Manning, they should have plenty to do what they need to do.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    That would be a balls-out move. Doubtful they will have the cap space after paying for Mr. Manning, though.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Yeah I don't think the Broncos could get much in a trade. I'm thinking a 3rd rounder. Then with the contract the new team will have to pay him, the asking price may come down even more.

Now that the Broncos are gearing up to be a passing offense, though, I think Denver may be wise to give up their 1st rounder to get Mike Wallace. Might be the best they can do with the 25th pick.

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Jacksonville fits the bill doesn't it? The money will be more than made up by butts in the seats (Jacksonville is like 2 hrs from Gainesville, IIRC) and merchandise sales.
    This may actually be the one place Tebow is marketable to. Still, I am not sure the Broncos will actually end up trading him. I believe they will test the waters, but I don't believe they will get much value for him. So, do they get rid of him just to get rid of him? Does Jacksonville have anything they would part with that the Broncos need or could use?

Leave a comment:

• MRT144
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Tebow is incredible in short yardage. I'm sure Belichick wouldn't mind another goal-line weapon. They don't NEED him but hey, if you can get him cheap...

Remember, if there's one thing Belichick loves, it's versatile guys he can use in many different ways.
    Second dumbest thing right here.

Leave a comment:

• MRT144
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    John Clayton was saying something about Tebow to the Patriots but that may just be over-selling the Josh McDaniels connection.
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read related to Tebow or the Patriots.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Jacksonville fits the bill doesn't it? The money will be more than made up by butts in the seats (Jacksonville is like 2 hrs from Gainesville, IIRC) and merchandise sales.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Maybe reasonably cheap to trade for, but he still has to be paid under his rookie contract. Tebow hit some contract escalators...

Tebow's contract isn't going to be easy to move with escalators pushing his 2013-2014 salaries to $6.05 million and $7.14 million.
    So (assuming Elway and Fox want to move him, which I believe is the basis for the Manning pursuit), Denver will probably not be able to play hardball in trade talks. All that's needed is a team with cap space, a need at QB, and a willingness to put up with the circus sideshow aspect of it all.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    NE just signed Fells, what would they need Tebow for?
    Tebow is incredible in short yardage. I'm sure Belichick wouldn't mind another goal-line weapon. They don't NEED him but hey, if you can get him cheap...

Remember, if there's one thing Belichick loves, it's versatile guys he can use in many different ways.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Jacksonville's owner is said to be all hot for Tebow. They have no one worthwhile and badly need to put fannies in the seats. Tebow would definitely do that in Florida.
    A team owned by a Muslim will have Tebow at QB.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    So if Weber goes back to SIU, does that mean Painter has to take the Illinois job?

Leave a comment:

• H Tower
    replied
    This reminds me of the musical chairs that colleges do with coaches after the NCAA tournament. UNC gets Roy Williams, so Bill Self goes to Kansas so Bruce Weber goes to Illinois so Matt Painter is promoted to head coach at Southern Illinois...

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Should have known that when Denver seemed to fall behind and it became the 4th quarter that Elway would pull it off...Should have known...

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Probably can't be moved. Gabbert really sucked. Out of all the rookie starters in 2011, he was clearly the worst, and showed very little improvement over the course of the season.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    And then move Gabbert? This is getting silly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X