X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H Tower
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

With the new CBA, the #1 overall is actually more desirable (treadeable), since the salary hit is now significantly reduced.
    +10000

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Assuming Peyton is looking healthy by April, the smart thing to do would be to trade the Luck pick for a raft of choices, then use them get some badly needed help in the trenches, picking up a QB prospect along the way.

With the new CBA, the #1 overall is actually more desirable (treadeable), since the salary hit is now significantly reduced.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    But yeah I don't see him becoming a backup QB. Superstar QB's rarely become backup mentor QB's. That's for the Mark Brunells of the world, not the Peyton Mannings. When the superstars can't play anymore, they retire.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Yeah, I actually know him. Not like he is a close friend or anything. His cousin worked for me for a while and they are pretty close (His cousin is actually closer with Eli than Peyton, but they are still tight) so I met him back then. Peyton owns part of the D1 sports center in Nashville (actually Franklin) so it is easy to bump into him and chat from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Do you really know him?

But yeah I don't see him becoming a backup QB. Superstar QB's rarely become backup mentor QB's. That's for the Mark Brunells of the world, not the Peyton Mannings. When the superstars can't play anymore, they retire.

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    However, I know Peyton...

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Peyton Manning has class. His contribution as a mentor, before and after Luck took over, would be extremely valuable. Best case scenario for Colts fans is Manning playing 2 years while Luck learns; then Manning as Number 2, still the mentor.
    I agree with this totally. However, I know Peyton and I really think he would have a hard time being a backup if he was able to play. This year on the sidelines has been very frustrating for him. I think that as long as he is able to play then he will want to be the man. Problem is that no one yet knows if he is able to comeback yet and the deadline to do something is 90 days away.

I think Irsay and Peyton will sit down with the Docs and make a decision after the season is over. Irsay will put a lot of stock in what Peyton will want I believe, but at the end of the day he HAS to rebuild that team and $28million goes a long way....

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I can see him wanting to keep his ties with Indy. Play a couple more, back up a couple more, then coach or go the Denver-Elway route.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Well that's the real question. Does Peyton have just two more years in the tank?

Marino played 17 seasons, 20 seasons for Favre (or more?), 16 for Elway, 16 for Montana, 18 for Unitas. Manning has 13 now (well 12 since he was off this whole year), do you think he'd bow out after 15?

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Peyton Manning has class. His contribution as a mentor, before and after Luck took over, would be extremely valuable. Best case scenario for Colts fans is Manning playing 2 years while Luck learns; then Manning as Number 2, still the mentor.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    At least Peyton would likely be far more gracious to Luck than Favre was to Rodgers.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    Draft Luck, Play Peyton, and let Luck develop "normally"?

Do whatever Green Bay did with Favre/Rodgers. Seems to have worked out for them.

Leave a comment:

• flash9286
    replied
    Keep Peyton then trade him in 2012, Draft Luck, Win Superbowls.

Leave a comment:

• Mojotronica
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Dumping a rookie in there with the way they played this season will probably be disastrous. The Colts are garbage without Peyton.

You really think the Colts will do Peyton dirty like that by just cutting him, though? I don't know. He's done too much for the Colts for them to be like that. I know it's business but I can't see them not doing right by him.
    It would be a public relations disaster if the Colts appeared to be snubbing Manning. Whatever they do, they have to get Manning to make an appearance supporting it.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
    Draft Luck, Play Manning and let Luck carry a clipboard and develop his game. Assuming that Manning is able to play again.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X