Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football - Jaguar's DST League Draft

Draft Thread

Scoring Settings: On the league page in Yahoo!. None will be changed from this point forward. Note that some key settings have changed from last year; overall, players who produce higher yards per play, such as 2009 Fantasy MVP Chris Johnson, have been buffed.

Making Picks: Pick when it is your turn. Any selection that you make is binding once the next player has selected.

BAPAY Picks: There's a clock on your picks. I (Jaguar) can change the clock time at my discretion at the end of a round; this means that everyone is affected equally. (I regret giving myself harsh and absolute power, but we must finish our draft by September 5.) The clock begins when the previous person's pick has been posted. If you do not make your pick in the allotted time, you will receive the Best Available Player at Yahoo!. This is an automatic pick made for you.

BAPAY Determination:
    Your automatic pick will be made so as to fill your roster in a balanced way. Therefore, it will use the following preference order. It will pick the first position in this list that you do not already have.
    RB1
    QB1
    WR1
    RB2
    WR2
    TE1
    RB3
    WR3
    DST1
    QB2
    RB4
    WR4
    DST2
    WR5
    K
    TE2

Once the position is determined, a player is selected from that position. Go to Yahoo!'s player lists in our league, select "Season(proj)" from the drop-down menu, and sort by Fan Pts. Arian Foster should be the highest RB at 340.67 projected points, with 302 rushing attempts projected. Michael Vick should be the highest QB with 27.8 passing TDs projected. These are just numbers cooked up by the staff at Yahoo!, but they reasonably represent consensus of what players are likely to do next year, and they are scored within our system. Therefore, these picks should be very fair. Note that they are slightly different from the "projected rankings." For example, projected rankings go Arian Foster - Adrian Peterson - Chris Johnson, but scoring by projected 2011 fantasy points has Johnson pull ahead.

*Under no circumstances will someone's 2nd pick at QB or TE or DST have the same bye week as his first pick at the position.

Changing BAPAY picks
    A BAPAY is a conditional pick. It only becomes permanent after 8 hours. If you have been BAPAYed, you can change your pick for 8 hours after the BAPAY pick was assessed. You can only change it to players who haven't been picked yet. Even if a player was picked after your BAPAY, you cannot force the other owner to change picks.

If the a player posting before you has been BAPAYed, then you can call "dibs" on their BAPAY if they end up changing their pick. At this point, nobody else can call dibs on the BAPAY. However, they can call "dibs" on your pick should the BAPAY (and therefore, your pick) be changed. The BAPAYed owner can change his pick to anyone not picked already, and then the chain of "dibs" will go upwards. This whole system gets erased after 8 hours - at that point, the pick is final.

Leaving Lists
    Please leave lists of potential picks, in order of preference, with me or with other active members of the league. This will reduce your picking time to a minimum. We need to average roughly 7 picks per day, or one every three hours(!) For example, if you have two picks close together, you could write a list that says "Give me one RB and a WR from this list. Pick players in this priority: Reggie Wayne, Ahmad Bradshaw, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, LeGarrette Blount, DeSean Jackson." Your instructions can be as detailed as you want. If you have left a list with me you will not be BAPAYed.

I implore you to leave lists very, very frequently. We absolutely must finish this draft quicker than we have in previous years, because of the lockout.

Private Messages and Other Communication
    Try to send private messages to the next player on the clock - especially if they aren't particularly active.
    If you have a busy schedule and are better-reached by email (or even text message), please give me that contact information. I promise I won't use it to spam you with Nigerian advance-fee fraud.

Discussion
    Draft banter is fine. If you want a long discussion of something pertaining to football, move it to the Fantasy Football Discussion thread.

Berzerker: You are now on the clock. Good luck.

01.01 Berzerker -
    01.02 Jonny -
    01.03 Guynemer -
    01.04 OzzyKP -
    01.05 Slowwhand -
    01.06 Duke o' York -
    01.07 snoopy369 -
    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
    01.09 MRT144 -
    01.10 Koyaanisqatsi -
    01.11 flash9286 -
    01.12 joncha -
    01.13 Jaguar -
    01.14 Al B. Sure -

Current BAPAY Clock: 20 Hours
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

HERE WE GO NOW! HERE WE GO!
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Anybody in the league feel free to leave me lists as well if you don't want to tip off the competition. I will be around and will be able to sit in for anyone who's pressed for time.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Anyone want to trade picks?
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'll give you my 2nd and 6th rounders in IDP for your first-rounder in DST.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Veto.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              I'll give you my 2nd and 6th rounders in IDP for your first-rounder in DST.
              LMAO

Comment

Whoa, Jag's commish powers are so strong they extend to IDP too...
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

01.01 Berzerker - Arian Foster RB HOU
                  01.02 Jonny -
                  01.03 Guynemer -
                  01.04 OzzyKP -
                  01.05 Slowwhand -
                  01.06 Duke o' York -
                  01.07 snoopy369 -
                  01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
                  01.09 MRT144 -
                  01.10 Koyaanisqatsi -
                  01.11 flash9286 -
                  01.12 joncha -
                  01.13 Jaguar -
                  01.14 Al B. Sure -

pm to Jonny

and clean out your pm boxes folks

Comment

01.01 Berzerker -Arian Foster RB HOU
                    01.02 Jonny - Chris Johnson RB TEN
                    01.03 Guynemer -
                    01.04 OzzyKP -
                    01.05 Slowwhand -
                    01.06 Duke o' York -
                    01.07 snoopy369 -
                    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
                    01.09 MRT144 -
                    01.10 Koyaanisqatsi -
                    01.11 flash9286 -
                    01.12 joncha -
                    01.13 Jaguar -
                    01.14 Al B. Sure -

Comment

Over/Under for when first QB is taken? I bet on 5th pick.
                      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I'm a big fan of taking QBs in the first round, so don't count me out. 4th pick though... I dunno.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

i doubt everyone knows we started so please send pms to the person picking next

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                            Over/Under for when first QB is taken? I bet on 5th pick.
                            That seems a trifle early. I'd say 7 or 8.

Comment

Manning was taken 5th last year actually.... hmm...
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X