• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for Ben:

A comparison of Kevin Kolb and Mike Vick so far this season:

Vick:
    Record: 2-4
    Passing Stats: 123/200 (61.5%) 1573yds (7.9 Y/A) 9TDs (4.5%) 8INTs (4.0%)
    Per game: 20.5/33.3 262.2yds 1.5TDs 1.3INTs
    QB Rating: 84.4
    Rushing Stats: 45 rushes 372yds; 7 fumbles
    Sacked: 8 times

Kolb:
    Record: 1-4
    Passing Stats: 101/172 (58.7%) 1281yds (7.4 Y/A) 5TDs (2.9%) 6INTs (3.5%)
    Per game: 20.2/34.4 256.2yds 1TD 1.2INTs
    QB Rating: 77.2
    Rushing Stats: 11 rushes 26yds; 6 fumbles
    Sacked: 16 times

The two QB's throw for nearly identical completions, attempts, and yards per game, but Vick throws half a TD more per game and averages 62 yards rushing per game. Vick has also only been sacked half as often as Kolb. Vick has the marginally higher QB rating, bolstered by his slightly better accuracy, Y/A, and TD percentage, but is slightly more likely to turn the ball over.

Advantage: Vick.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      He is in a terrible offense. He has useful no weapons beyond AP. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they have virtually sidelined Percy Harvin, playing him only about 40% of snaps. Not to defend McNabb, whose decline in skills was evident in Washington, but this is an offense without direction. Minnesota's inability to close out games is an indictment of the offensive coordinator more than McNabb. If you can't leverage Adrian Peterson into some serious clock control, you're just freaking clueless.
      Bill Musgrave is the OC.

It is sad that as soon as they brought him in, Sidney Rice left. They're seriously lining up Mike Jenkins, Bernard Berrian, and Devin Aromashodu as their WR's, which is an embarrassment of a WR corps.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Aromashadu could be great, but coaches won't put up with his apparent unwillingness to run-block. (He's also not a great route runner.) It's sad.

Berrian and Jenkins can block (and it's about all they can do). That's the only explanation for why they play.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That's not true. Berrian can also zoom straight down field, get wide open, and drop a sure TD pass. He's very capable of that, as well.

Comment

• Apparently Frazier and Musgrave dig that action.

It'll be interesting to see how Ponder does over the next few weeks.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ponder is a scrambler, right?

Comment

• Ronnie Brown trade voided.

Two league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the trade was voided because Harrison has previously undisclosed health issues.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• The Lions haven't used Harrison in a few weeks, actually. I wonder if these 'undisclosed health issues' were something the Lions organization was aware of but they tried to swindle the Eagles by trading an injured player.

Comment

• Seems pretty clear they did.

Comment

• I doubt that they knew he wasn't well enough for a trade - the idea is to have the trade go through, right? Maybe he was dinged up, but problems didn't show up until the physical, which he wouldn't have undergone unless there were a trade.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Harrison hasn't recorded a carry since the Vikings game. He was apparently active but recorded no stats (I don't know if he set foot on the field) against the Cowboys. He has not played a down since and was not active last week for Detroit.

I think the Lions knew something was up with him. Remember, he was their second-string RB at the start of the season (8 carries in week 1), and they haven't used him in nearly a month?

Detroit's being shady.

Comment

• Ronnie Brown wasn't being used that much, either: 3 carries against the 49ers on 10/2, 3 against the Giants before that. So teams trade backs neither is using, and the Lions throw in a draft pick.

Knowing "something is up" with a player and knowing he's too injured to be traded are two different things. Teams know a player being traded undergoes another physical - why would you even try trading someone if you know he won't pass?

Comment

• The two QB's throw for nearly identical completions, attempts, and yards per game, but Vick throws half a TD more per game and averages 62 yards rushing per game. Vick has also only been sacked half as often as Kolb. Vick has the marginally higher QB rating, bolstered by his slightly better accuracy, Y/A, and TD percentage, but is slightly more likely to turn the ball over.
                            So IOW, it's a wash. The Eagles would be far better off with Kolb's contract instead of Vick's contact. They could afford to actually get a line.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• What did I say, Albert? The trade makes no sense. Glad my instincts were spot on.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                So IOW, it's a wash. The Eagles would be far better off with Kolb's contract instead of Vick's contact. They could afford to actually get a line.
                                Huh? What the ****? Where do you get it's a wash?

Vick throws more TD passes and adds 62 yards per game rushing! He is more accurate, throws deeper downfield, and more likely to throw a TD! He also gets sacked half as often, with that offensive line!

The only issue with Vick is his INT% is 4.0% compared to 3.5%! In fact, on a per game basis, Kolb has more fumbles (1.2 per game vs. 1.1 per game)!

So we're talking Kolb with 2.4 turnovers per game and Vick with 2.5, which is pretty close, and more than made up for by the fact that Vick throws more TDs, is half as likely to get sacked, and runs the ball!

HOW THE **** IS IT A WASH?!

Comment

Working...
                                X