This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    You see that one run where Tebow lowers his shoulder like he's a powerback? Tebow's a beast.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd was arrested Wednesday night outside a Chicago restaurant after he accepted a kilogram of cocaine from a confidential informant and an undercover federal agent posing as a drug supplier, according to federal charges filed Thursday in Dallas.

Hurd was charged with one count of conspiring to possess half a kilogram of cocaine with the intent to distribute it.

At the Wednesday night meeting, Hurd negotiated to buy five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana a week for distribution in the Chicago area, authorities alleged. He agreed to pay $25,000 for each kilogram of cocaine and $450 a pound for the marijuana, according to the charges.

Smoke em if you got em?

Comment

• Amazing how profitable the marijuana is.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• And the Jeopardy question is: "How many different ways can the former Cowboys **** with the Bears and the city of Chicago?"
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• We need a list, the first task which will take a while because there are so many, is gather the list of former Cowboys signed by the Bears last summer

Comment

• I am cracking up at the fact that I said months ago the Bears signing all the Cowgirls' rejects was absurd and stupid... and look what we have here... I didn't imagine they would literally cost the Bears games or wind up pulling a Travis Henry.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That amount of drugs is not just for personal use. He wanted to be a major dealer. I wonder who will get canned from the Bears for that big of a mistake. That certainly is not doing "due diligence".

Comment

• He was apparently already dealing:

Hurd told the undercover agent and informant that he and someone else distributed about four kilograms of cocaine each week in the Chicago area but that their supplier wasn't able to meet their needs, according to the criminal complaint.

Comment

• Yeah, the article I read also indicated he was already dealing and looking to expand.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Obviously it wasn't personal use.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This is bull****.
                        High schoolers banned for Tebowing

No running in the halls -- and no Tebowing either.

That's what one Long Island administration said Wednesday when it suspended a group of high school athletes for replicating Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow's popular pose in the hallway at school.

Jordan Fulcoly, Wayne Drexel and brothers Tyler and Connor Carroll of Riverhead High School were all handed a one-day suspension Wednesday, after three days of taking a knee with their foreheads resting on their fists, the same way Tebow does in the end zone and on the sidelines. The news was first reported by Yahoo! Prep Rally earlier Thursday.

Riverhead superintendent Nancy Carney said that two of the students' suspensions were later rescinded, citing that administrators found that those students were not given the same warnings that the other two were.

Tebow has made headlines for the move, a display of his devotion to his Christian faith. The students were not suspended for bringing religion into the school, but instead for clogging the hallway.

Carney said that she supported the administration's efforts to maintain a safe environment and was surprised that the incident has received this much attention. Since the news broke, Carney said she has been receiving hate mail from people charging that the suspension is due to religious prejudice.

"It's very unsettling," she told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday. "It's a shame that people out there are so ready to judge when they weren't there to see what happened."

Reports said that the students had been Tebowing all week, starting Monday. It was meant to be a joke, only paying homage to one of pro football's newest stars. But other students started joining in and administrators claimed it had become a disturbance. District officials reportedly told the students that the celebration was making it unsafe for students walking the hall in between classes.

The incident saw about 40 students engaging in the popular Tebowing. Only the four students, all athletes, were suspended. Caroll told Prep Rally that the administration told them "that our Tebowing was blocking the halls and could potentially cause a riot, because they were growing in number and if the wrong kid gets pushed a brawl could ensue."

Carney said students have three minutes to reach their next class.

"It's just high school kids being kids and administrators doing what they do on a daily basis -- keeping kids safe," Carney said, "and with today's world and cell phones and people taking pictures and video, it can be taken out of context."

Tyler and Connor Carroll are on the football team along with Drexel.
                        One Long Island administration suspended a group of high school athletes for replicating Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow's popular scoring celebration in the hallway at school.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Well the Falcons such look as if they are getting hot at the right time.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Kids at public schools have no rights.

School administrators could have played the religious angle instead of the riot angle and still been able to suspend the students.

Comment

• If this is the biggest problem that school's administrators have, they're some lucky people.

Comment

• Interesting...

No team this season has blown more big late leads, and done a poorer job managing the clock, than the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas surrendered a 34-22 fourth-quarter lead last Sunday night to the New York Giants just as it surrendered a 30-17 fourth-quarter lead to the Lions and a 24-10 fourth-quarter lead to the New York Jets in the opening game of the season. The numbers are as ugly as the endings. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, this season the Cowboys have blown three fourth-quarter leads of at least 12 points, one more than they blew in their previous 51 seasons as a franchise. But there have been other questionable calls as well.

In Week 6 at New England, while holding a three-point lead over the Patriots with 3½ minutes remaining, the Cowboys chose to run the ball three straight times without picking up a first down, giving Tom Brady and the Patriots a chance to pull out the game. Then in Week 13 at Arizona, the Cowboys let the clock run after a Dez Bryant catch rather than call a timeout, only to see their kicker miss a field goal at the end of regulation before Dallas lost in overtime. And the heartbreak is hardly confined to this season. In the past two seasons, the Cowboys have lost 13 games by a touchdown or less. The Cowboys have become the Anti-Tebows -- they're finding ways to lose.
                                And Eli Manning is on pace to come close to Dan Marino's single-season yardage record:

With three games remaining this season Manning already has thrown for 4,105 yards -- 84 more yards than he has in any of his previous seven seasons. Manning is on pace to throw for 5,052 yards, which means he too could challenge the single-season record that Marino set in 1984 with 5,084 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X