Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the guy, Jesse Holley, who won the Cowboys roster spot on Michael Irvin's reality show? He caught two passes in the final minutes of regulation but then caught a 77 yard pass to the 1 yard line in OT, setting up the go-ahead field goal for Dallas to win. Great story.

Well, except for the Dallas winning part.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• About the records Cam is reaching:

Cam Newton set the NFL record for pass yards in a debut with 422 last week in the Carolina Panthers loss to the Arizona Cardinals. For an encore, he threw for 432 yards in another loss, this time to the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers, the most by a rookie in NFL history.

The Elias Sports Bureau tells us that Newton is the first player in NFL history to post two consecutive 400-yard passing games in a team’s first two games of a season. He’s also the only player to throw for over 400 yards in his first two career starts, and he had the record for most pass yards ever, 854, in the first two starts of his NFL career.

Tom Brady, who threw for 517 yards in Week 1, threw for 423 yards in Week 2 to pass Newton for the all-time record.

According to Elias he’s just the fifth quarterback (rookie or not) in the past 25 years to post consecutive 400-yard games at any point in the season. Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, his 854 yards are the seventh-most in consecutive games in a single season.

Since the merger, Newton has the second-most pass yards by any quarterback in the first two games of the season, behind Brady and ahead of Kurt Warner, who threw for 827 back in 2000. Warner’s St. Louis Rams went to the playoffs that season, but they did start 2-0.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Holy Crap, the Deviation put up 212 points against me. I'm thinking I'll hit 160-175, second highest point total for the league. No help.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• And next week the Panthers play the Jaguars in Carolina...could he go three for three on over 400 yard games or would that be expecting too much? And if he did get three straight 400 yard games to start the season....is it possible for the Panthers to be 0-3?

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• If he does, he would have locked down the offensive rookie of the year award after only 3 games, if he hasn't already.

I haven't seen him play in the regular season yet since those games didn't get broadcasted here, but the highlights and stats indicate that Newton is the real deal.

Remember how impressive Sam Bradford looked last year in his first few games? Yet, Bradford had only one 300 yard game all season last year and he was pretty much checkdown charlie every game, finishing with a 5.95 yard per attempt average.

Newton has not only thrown for incredible yardage, he has done it while maintaining a 62.6% completion percentage and a 10.29 yard per attempt average. Those are incredible numbers.

And he's done it with what weapons exactly? Yes, Steve Smith... but who else? And even the presence of Smith didn't help Moore or Clausen any.

Cam is impressing the **** out of me.

Comment

• Holy Crap, the Deviation put up 212 points against me. I'm thinking I'll hit 160-175, second highest point total for the league. No help.
              Welcome to the show. I put up 158 last week, lost by 42.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Cam also has 18 carries for 71 yards and two rushing TD's. Let's not forget what he can do with his legs.

It sounds almost insulting considering how much he fell off a cliff but Cam is like a better version of Culpepper right now. It's hard to remember that Culpepper used to be scary good. Cam is physically very similar and plays a similar game.

Comment

• TD Roddy!
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Welcome to the show. I put up 158 last week, lost by 42.
                    Other league.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Safety!

Suck on it Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Safety!

Suck on it Eagles.

What are you talking about? Safety?

Comment

• What are you talking about? Safety?
                          I thought they had a safety there.

Comment

• Yes, goaline stop on Vick!

Bogus penalty.

Weak call.

Comment

• What the hell, Ben? Don't you have Desean Jackson or something in one of your leagues?

Comment

• What the hell, Ben? Don't you have Desean Jackson or something in one of your leagues?
                                I need a reason to cheer against Vick?

Comment

Working...
                                X