Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be hesitant about calling that good news. But, he should do better in the Bears system than in NE.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Bears were thin at safety and Major Wright was not looking ready for prime time (gave up rushing TDs by missing one-on-one tackes in the last two preseason games). Assuming Meriweather hasn't totally lost it, that's a way better waiver pickup than the Bears were hoping for.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• A shock to me...

Hall of Fame DE Selmon dies of stroke (AP)

Lee Roy Selmon, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Hall of Fame defensive end who teamed with his brothers to create a dominant defensive front and helped lead Oklahoma to consecutive national championships, died Sunday -- two days after being hospitalized for a stroke. He was 56. A statement released on behalf of his wife, Claybra Selmon, said he died at a Tampa hospital surrounded by family members.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• RIP.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Jags dump Garrard
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• That's kind of a stunner, to say the least.

Welcome to the Luke McCown (pre-Blaine Gabbert) Era!

Oh, and say good-bye to Jack Del Rio.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Frick. I was pretty happy to have him as my backup too. Now there are nothing but dregs left over... *sigh* Guess I'm relying on Sexy Rexy for week 8.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Too soon to panic. With all the crappy QB situations in the league, he may find a nice landing spot.

He's Kenobi's QB2 in IDP iirc.

Comment

• They gave him the Byron Leftwich treatment!

Remember a few years back when Garrard took the starting job when Leftwich was cut the day before the season opener? Jack Del Rio is a jerk

The crazy thing about it is the Jaguars are already way under the cap and Garrard was cheap for a starting QB. This was not a financially-motivated decision at all.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He's Kenobi's QB2 in IDP iirc.
                      I own him in all 3 leagues. I was even going to start him over Ryan and Cutler against that tasty Houston D.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        I was even going to start him over Ryan and Cutler against that tasty Houston D.
                        Though I have little to base my opinion on....in my opinion the Houston D will be far less "tasty" this year than it was last year.

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• You should be right, Sparrowhawk.

Ben's favorite coach, Wade Philips, is their coordinator and is instituting his 3-4 (I swear, weren't the Texans just a 3-4 like 4 years ago under Dom Capers? How many times is this defense realigning?). Wade knows his defense so that should be an improvement.

The Texans have had a perplexingly bad defense the last few years only because they're stacked with big names... Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, (and lesserly) Antonio Smith. The secondary was atrocious last year but they've improved it with former Bengal Jonathon Joseph, he of 6 picks in 2009. They definitely have the personnel and, on paper, this should be one of the best defenses in the league.

I expect a slow start, especially with the shortened offseason, which would make the initial matchups (like the would have been Peyton vs. Texans in week 1) very tasty but this defense will consolidate by mid-season.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ah, the return of real football... Tonight's game looks like an awesome matchup.

Make your picks and set your lineups, gentlemen. Here we go!

Comment

• WOOO WOOO WOOO
                              Attached Files
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Ben's favorite coach, Wade Philips, is their coordinator and is instituting his 3-4 (I swear, weren't the Texans just a 3-4 like 4 years ago under Dom Capers? How many times is this defense realigning?). Wade knows his defense so that should be an improvement.
                                I know Wade. All his D's are tasty.

The Texans have had a perplexingly bad defense the last few years only because they're stacked with big names... Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, (and lesserly) Antonio Smith. The secondary was atrocious last year but they've improved it with former Bengal Jonathon Joseph, he of 6 picks in 2009. They definitely have the personnel and, on paper, this should be one of the best defenses in the league.
                                Wade has bend but don't break, which is tasty for offenses when it does inevitably break.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X