No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like it. I know that Fantasy Football is... fantasy; but I want it to be as much like the real thing as possible. And that means sometimes you loose even when you play well (conversly, it also means sometimes when you play poorly you win).

It's fine the way it is.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Some people can't take the emotional roller coaster.

I'm on my second straight year of decent-scoring teams with worse than expected records. It sucks, but it happens. I've been on the other end of that stick as well. Believing that the breaks will somehow even out may be comforting, bit it suggests short-term fairness in the universe, which is simply not the case. Regression to the mean is not a certainty, it's not even-handed, and it's not done on a schedule.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Last year, and this year, people have the game of their year against you. I've been in much the same spot, but you've had it worse.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• In '07 or '08 (too lazy to look it up), I was league champion here with a 4th-place team that barely made the playoffs.

This year, in another league over at FFZ, I lead the in scoring by 48 points (8 ppg over #2), yet that team is 3-3 and in 5th place.

Stuff happens. I just try to control what I can and roll with the rest.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well a loss to the 0-6 Firemen would pretty much seal the bad luck train. At least you have a win so far.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I know I already asked a question for this week, but I have been getting much better responses here than at the FF site I go to. So here it is:

RB (pick two):
              J.Best (Det) vs Atl
              D.Sporels (NO) vs Ind
              R.Torain (Was) vs Car
              D.Murray (Dal) vs Stl

Best has a concussion and will most likely sit.
              Sporels has a nice matchup, but is loosing more and more carries to Ingram.
              Torain also has a nice matchup, but he did last week as well and netted 22 yards for me and cost me my game.
              Murray has a great matchup, but will he get the nod for the most carries, split time or will the choice be Choice?

WR (Pick three):
              M.Wallace (Pit) vs Ari
              J.Graham (NO) vs Ind
              D.Bryant (Dal) vs Stl
              N.Washington (Ten) vs Hou

Wallace seems like a lock, but he has a slight nagging injury. He is also in a game that will probably be a blowout.
              Graham also seems like a lock, but he hurt his ankle in practice Wed and was held out Thur. He will probably be able to go on Sunday, but why would NO take a chance on him hurting it worse in a game they should easily win?
              Bryant seems to be the only one I am sure of playing as the only knock against him is his WR2 status. Not that he is a WR2... he'd be WR1 on over half the teams out there.
              Washington almost looks out of place on this list because he is such an also-ran kinda guy. However, if you look at his production, he has survied being promoted to WR1 better than most people thought he would.

Please remember, total yards rushing and receiving is the most important factor. TD's are nice, but they are so much more difficult to predict.

By the way, I think it goes without saying that I'll comment on any of your questions.
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I thought this was funny. In my auction league, I am starting Romo (as well as Miles Austin and Dallas D/ST) but my opponent has Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. On the flip side, Brees is his QB but I have Colston and Graham. This should be interesting.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• D.Sporels (NO) vs Ind
                  R.Torain (Was) vs Car

M.Wallace (Pit) vs Ari
                  J.Graham (NO) vs Ind
                  D.Bryant (Dal) vs Stl
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sloww is probably right. Anything else would be 'getting cute' and getting cute in fantasy is dangerous.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• However, I will say this:

Hightower is starting on Sunday. The only reason he didn't against the Eagles was because he was coming off an injury, which he has now had time to heal. I repeat, he will be starting, whatever that means to Shanahan.

While the Panthers are vulnerable to the run and Shanahan will probably concentrate on the ground game to ease John Beck in, Hightower is the multi-purpose back here who can do more as a checkdown for Beck; he is also the best pass blocker of the Redskins RB committee and with Washington down offensive linemen and forced into 3 new pieces on the O-line and also down Chris Cooley (who has basically been a lineman when he has played), it's easy to see how Shanahan will keep Hightower on the field a lot.

Use Torain with caution this week.

Of course, Murray's outlook is just as cloudy.

Comment

• I'm bumping this for flash in case he hasn't seen it.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Check to see if Arrelious Benn is available. The Bears' secondary (particularly their safety play) is shaky and they've given up some big deep plays. I think Benn has a better than even chance of breaking a big one this week. Obviously, if this is a PPR league, you may want to downgrade my assessment a bit since Benn has never had more than 4 catches in a game this season. Still, I think a 3 for 83 and a score, as he did last week against New Orleans, is reasonably likely.

My pick last week, Greg Little, who had a pretty good day (6 for 72), is also a good play this week going up against a struggling Seattle secondary sans Marcus Trufant. The Giants burned the Seahawks with some deep throws and while Colt McCoy doesn't look downfield much, Greg Little is more than capable enough of taking a short pass in the flat for a big gain.

Now, someone may get hurt and I bump someone ahead of these guys before Sunday, but as of right now, the matchups dictate Benn and Little this week.

Donegeal: Kyle Boller is starting for Oakland.

Comment

• Yeah just like I figured. Tim Hightower is getting all the work.

Comment

• I went with Tebow.

I also benched Torain and went with Sporels and Murray.

Benched Washington.

Comment

• Damn. I got Fostered.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Whoever has the Chiefs defense is dominating in fantasy right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X