Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
    Yeah, I still have the DST record...err for most points against me.
    You were lucky McFadden got hurt in the first quarter.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• LOL, I thought that was Joncha for some reason.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

LOL, I thought that was Joncha for some reason.
        joncha is QB all-stars.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, I still have the DST record...err for most points against me.
          Doesn't hold a candle to my IDP stats -- 4th in the league in scoring, but sitting at 1-6 with about 22 ppg more against me than the next closest. Opponents are averaging over 170 when playing the Vicious Rabbits.

Impressive, in its own sick, twisted way.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Doesn't hold a candle to my IDP stats -- 4th in the league in scoring, but sitting at 1-6 with about 22 ppg more against me than the next closest. Opponents are averaging over 170 when playing the Vicious Rabbits.

Well at least Ben is gone so we won't hear a litany about how he's the second unluckiest person in fantasy football, after his best friend, you.

Comment

• I just hope he keeps managing his teams.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I have to apologize to Flash. I really whiffed big time on my FA suggestions for this week. Sorry. I had good logic for why those guys should have had good games but it didn't work out.
                Didn't really matter, Foster carried my team to victory.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

I'll have to give you that.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                    You had the best chance of handing my Goats a loss out of anyone. I had nine players on bye. Nine.

If I win, that gives me a 22-0 run dating back to 2009. The luck factor in that is beyond absurd.
                    We play each other in two weeks. Guess what? You'll catch me on Cam Newton's bye week!

Comment

• (Barring any scoring adjustments) my mediocre team finally won a game! Barely!

Comment

• Are you sick of me asking for your opinions on FF yet?

This week is this:

RB R.Torain (Was) v Buf
                        RB D.Sproels (NO) v Stl
                        RB D.Murray (Dal) v Phi

Torain is now the clear cut #1 guy in Washington, but Shanahan is still know for screwing that up.
                        Sproles is splitting time with Ingram, but it is against the Rams.
                        Murray has got to get the nod as RB1 in Dallas after last week, and he has a good matchup. However, that good matchup only alowed Torain 22 yards when they played.

Leaning towards Sproles and Murray.

WR gets a little more difficult. I can only start 3 of these:

WR M.Wallace (Pit) v NE
                        WR W.Welker (NE) v Pit
                        WR D.Bryant (Dal) v Phi
                        TE J.Graham (NO) v Stl

I know I'm starting Wallace, so it's really between the other three.
                        Welker has the toughest matchup. But not only does he ALWAYS get his yards, but I think NE will try to make it a shoot out rather than grind it out vs the Steelers.
                        Bryant IS going to be in a shoot out; and with Ashamorgia covering Austin, Bryant should get alot of balls thrown his way (I also think Bryant is better than Austin anyway).
                        Graham is the undisputed #1 TE in football right now. However, with the Rams being so bad against the run, Brees will just be handing off to Ingram and Sproles most of the game. Still, how do you sit the #1 TE?

(Jrabbit is required to give his opinion as I spelled Sproles correctly)
                        Last edited by Donegeal; October 27, 2011, 11:48. Reason: You better post Jrabbit!!!!
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Torain is now the clear cut #1 guy in Washington, but Shanahan is still know for screwing that up.
                          Knowing Shanahan and Torain's injury history, I would be inclined to pick up (but not start) Helu, if he is available.

But yes, Sproles (who you STILL mis-spelled!) and Murray sound good.

Ashamorgia
                          Asomugha?

Bryant IS going to be in a shoot out; and with Ashamorgia covering Austin, Bryant should get alot of balls thrown his way (I also think Bryant is better than Austin anyway).
                          No. It shouldn't be a shoot out because Murray should be able to run all over them and Witten will have a good day as well; the Eagles can't stop the run and struggle against TE's. Bryant also has only 19 catches on the season, so he never gets a lot of balls his way (at least not ones he catches).

Asomugha isn't going to cover Austin. Why? Because the Eagles don't use Asomugha in man coverage! Unless Juan Castillo changed something over the bye, Asomugha will be playing zone, which has been given by the media as the biggest reason for his lack of success this season.

I repeat: Asomugha covers no one man-to-man.

Meanwhile, Miles Austin did just fine on Revis Island to start the season and how did he do the last time he faced off against Asomugha on a Thanksgiving game in 2009? 7 catches for 145 yards and a score.

If Austin will be limited this week, it will be because of what happened last week where the Cowboys run the hell out of the ball. It won't be because of Asomugha.

Wallace, Welker, Graham. Graham must be started every week.

And the thought of the Saints running the ball? Yeah right.

Comment

• Here's Miles Austin against Asomugha on the first highlight; the rest are on Stanford Rout and CB Chris Johnson.

Comment

• RB -- Sproles is a given, especially this week with Ingram hurt. Why would you trust Shanahan when you've got DeMarco coming off a 253-yd performance? Sit the oft-injured Torain.

WR -- I know you've got a lot of man-love for Dez Bryant (as your weekly post ALWAYS includes reasons why he might suddenly go crazy), but he's the only one of that group of four who's not a top-10 fantasy receiver this year. He's got amazing physical skills, but I'll take the consistent targets and TDs that the other three amass on a weekly basis. In the IDP league, Welker is #2, Wallace is #4, and Bryant is #21 among WRs (27th if you include TEs), while Graham is the #1 TE and has outscored Wallace. This is a no-brainer.

If you insist on starting Bryant, flip a coin on which of your WR studs to sit -- then trade him away for a real RB.

Comment

• RB -- Sproles is a given, especially this week with Ingram hurt. Why would you trust Shanahan when you've got DeMarco coming off a 253-yd performance? Sit the oft-injured Torain.

WR -- I know you've got a lot of man-love for Dez Bryant (as your weekly post ALWAYS includes reasons why he might suddenly go crazy), but he's the only one of that group of four who's not a top-10 fantasy receiver this year. Yes, he's got amazing physical skills, but I'll take the consistent targets and TDs that the other three amass on a weekly basis. In the IDP league, Welker is #2, Wallace is #4, and Bryant is #21 among WRs (27th if you include TEs), while Graham is the #1 TE and has outscored Wallace. This is a no-brainer.

If you insist on starting Bryant, flip a coin on which of your WR studs to sit -- then trade him away for a real RB.

Comment

Working...
                                X