No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you passed on Rodgers for Manning level money, and knew it was Manning level money, you get what you deserve. A QB with better numbers but injury risk vs. a QB that IS injured (and I at least passed on Manning in every league because of the neck thing) for the same money is a clear choice.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I just wish the Colts will make it official if Peyton's missing the season. I'd like to have the roster space, at least. I got a feeling they'll be dragging this out and won't make it official til like week 5 or something.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
        If you passed on Rodgers for Manning level money, and knew it was Manning level money, you get what you deserve.
        No. Rodgers was the first QB nominated. Peyton was like the 7th. Rodgers was the first QB nominated but he didn't exactly set the price level because Brees, Brady, et al went for much more. Peyton went up for bidding during the "everyone's running short on cash" stage so he went a little cheaper.

And no, Manning was 4500 yards and 35 TDs basically guaranteed. I'd take that over Mr. Concussion in a post-Super Bowl hangover. You wouldn't?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ben, season long prop bet; Matt Ryan outperforms Kerry Collins a majority of weeks excluding bye weeks, injuries and benchings.
          I'm QB trolling. I have Brees, Ryan, Cutler, McCoy and Hasslebeck. Might trade Cutler for Santonio, that draft needs a better flex.
          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 8, 2011, 17:57.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It hit me what Ben said. Ben, you're retarded if you plan to start Kerry Collins over Matt Ryan. Maybe this week with Ryan at Chicago and Kerry Collins against the Texans, it might be a good play but not long-term.

Comment

• And no, Manning was 4500 yards and 35 TDs basically guaranteed. I'd take that over Mr. Concussion in a post-Super Bowl hangover. You wouldn't?
              I'd take Rivers and save my money. Nice QB less cash. What's not to like?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• It hit me what Ben said. Ben, you're retarded if you plan to start Kerry Collins over Matt Ryan. Maybe this week with Ryan at Chicago and Kerry Collins against the Texans, it might be a good play but not long-term.
                I have this thing called QB depth. Matchups baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  I'd take Rivers and save my money. Nice QB less cash. What's not to like?
                  Like I said, Rivers went for $60. That doesn't mean I could have gotten him at $61 because I don't know how much higher the guy who got him was willing to bid. He might have gone up to 80 for all I know. Peyton was only $46.

There's no saving money. I got Manning the cheapest among the elite QB's. Rodgers went for a few bucks more; Schaub went for a lot less but Schaub is not elite. He's second-tier.

Comment

• There's no saving money. I got Manning the cheapest among the elite QB's. Rodgers went for a few bucks more; Schaub went for a lot less but Schaub is not elite. He's second-tier.
                    Protip. In an auction draft, pick four studs. Spend the Fricking money.

Cheaping out costs you in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Protip. In an auction draft, pick four studs. Spend the Fricking money.

Cheaping out costs you in the long run.

What do you think Peyton Manning is? On what planet are you from where Peyton is not a stud?

And saving money got me more than four studs. I have MJD, Michael Turner, Miles Austin, TB Mike Williams, Marques Colston... those are all potentially top-10 guys at their positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        If you passed on Rodgers for Manning level money, and knew it was Manning level money, you get what you deserve. A QB with better numbers but injury risk vs. a QB that IS injured (and I at least passed on Manning in every league because of the neck thing) for the same money is a clear choice.
                        What better numbers did Rodgers have?

Last year:
                        Manning: 4700 yards 33 TDs
                        Rodgers: 3922 yards 28 TDs 356 yards rushing 4 rushing TDs

386 fantasy points vs. 383 fantasy points

This league does not penalize for INTs.

They were the same.

Comment

• What do you think Peyton Manning is? On what planet are you from where Peyton is not a stud?
                          Apparently planet Kenobi was correct.

And saving money got me more than four studs.
                          I'm talking about guys who arguably could be the top at their position this year.

I have MJD, Michael Turner, Miles Austin, TB Mike Williams, Marques Colston... those are all potentially top-10 guys at their positions.
                          MJD, stud. Turner, pretty crappy stud. I own Austin and I'm not even starting him. Williams, not a stud, Colston, not a stud.

I got Desean, Brees, SJax and MJD. Four studs.

Comment

• Your actual mistake is not taking the first guy off the board. The first guy off the board is nearly always an incredible steal as people don't have a sense of urgency and just 'want to not spend too much'.

Not penalizing for INTs is idiotic. I don't know a site that rated Manning anywhere near Rodgers in projected points, hence I say that Rodgers is clearly better. Admittedly I took neither in any league (best QB I took was Rivers in one, and in several went with Roethlisberger)...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Desean Jackson is not a stud.

How can Steven Jackson be a stud and Turner isn't? Turner had over 100 more yards and 6 more TDs than SJax last year. They're both on their last legs. I don't like either, frankly, but it's apparent which one actually scores TDs and which one doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                No. Rodgers was the first QB nominated. Peyton was like the 7th. Rodgers was the first QB nominated but he didn't exactly set the price level because Brees, Brady, et al went for much more. Peyton went up for bidding during the "everyone's running short on cash" stage so he went a little cheaper.

And no, Manning was 4500 yards and 35 TDs basically guaranteed. I'd take that over Mr. Concussion in a post-Super Bowl hangover. You wouldn't?
                                Not if I did the damn research.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X