No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow. Holy ****. It's Tebow by a land slide.

I will be angry if you start Palmer. Palmer was just out of football until 2 days ago and there's no determination yet if he will even start this week (has he even arrived at Oakland's facility yet?!)! Palmer may be a great play in 2-3 weeks but with all of 2-3 days prep for Sunday with a new team... hell ****ing no. Honestly, Hue Jackson starting him this week might be a mistake, unless Kyle Boller is really that bad. It will be tough going to just plug and play a QB, even of Palmer's caliber.

WAAAAAAY too many ifs concerning Palmer this week. I would stash him (as I did in D/ST league) but not play him.

And if you're in a league like mine with 1 point per 10 yards rushing, Tebow is EASILY a top-10 fantasy play at QB. Like I said, even a modest showing by Tebow, by virtue of what he does on the ground, is equivalent to a 275yard 2TD performance from your more traditional pocket passers.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• In my league for money, I dropped $20 on Tebow. I wish I held onto him in D/ST league, but I have Cam now so I'm not worried.

No matter how you feel about Tebow as a real life QB, he's a monstrous fantasy option in most formats.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Except in one where I but much more weight on passing yards than rushing yards.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Tebow will score more TD's this week than Palmer. He's his own goal-line back, whereas Oakland runs the ball down there.

Comment

• I agree that it's too early to go with Palmer. I doubt that Tebow will be much this week either, but Oakland doesn't throw much to start with, and will be even more conservative until Palmer gets acclimated.

Isn't there someone else you could grab, Donegeal?
            Christian Ponder? John Beck? Blaine Gabbert? Charlie Whitehurst?
            Aahh, never mind. Might as well go with Tebow's upside.

BTW, Alby, $20 for Tebow is just about the height of draft stupidity. It's no wonder you have to get your wins on the waiver wire.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• No, Jrabbit, I picked him up from the waiver wire. We have to bid on guys from the wire. Unfortunately, there's no way until Thursday afternoon to know what others are bidding so I had to bid a lot to be sure.

I'm happy with it, though. Tebow is going to be monstrous. I just wish I didn't pull the trigger on the Hernandez/Turner for Romo/Blount trade. Hell, if I started Freeman last week, I would have won, since Romo gave me just too few points, not to mention what Turner would have done for me.

Comment

• In D/ST league, I traded up to grab Tebow in a late round to the mockery of everyone. Unfortunately, I let him go a few weeks ago.

At least I have the other guy I wanted (Cam), so I'm alright.

4-2

Comment

• There might be someone else to go with, but in our scoring format, pass yardage is most important to me. Unfortunately, my opponent this week has Rodgers going, so I'm probably not going to win the passing category regardless of who I start/grab. For this reason, it might be better to go with Tebow to help bolster my rushing yardage category.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Ignore this.
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 19, 2011, 22:15.

Comment

• Oh and if Berz is reading this, I have Carson Palmer. I will trade Carson Palmer for Tim Tebow straight up.

Comment

• See? Eli is last week's love. He's a Tebow fan boy now. With "Cam" as his fall back love.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          See? Eli is last week's love. He's a Tebow fan boy now. With "Cam" as his fall back love.
                          I've been high on Tebow since he was drafted.

In retrospect, I was probably wrong when I said that Tebow would be a better QB than Sam Bradford but Tebow is still monstrous for fantasy.

Comment

• Alby actually does a decent job of separating his Giants fandom from his fantasy football. IMHO.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• In fact, my D/ST league team has no Giants representation.

Comment

• So do I start Romo against St. Louis or Tebow against Miami this week?
                                Romo, by a landslide.

Denver offense is terrible. I have a more difficult decision, Cam vs the Skins or Rivers vs Jets.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X