No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It actually doesn't bother me in the least.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's been a couple of weeks, but here it goes:

RB D.Sproles (NO) vs Atl
      RB R.Helu (Was) vs Mia

Sproles is considered a must start, but I empasize total yards from scrimage for my players. With Sproles splitting time three ways in NO (Thomas, Ivory and Sproles all share time), his touches are very limited. Helu, on the other hand, is the main man that appearently is only going to come out when he felles like he needs a break (last week he only missed 3 plays the entire game). With him in so much, he is going to get alot of touches. Miami might be hard to run against (#4 v rush), but Beck checks down more often than just about anybody (17 targets for Helu last week).

So, which one do you think will get more yards from scrimage: Sproles or Helu?
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Sproles. Check their stats and 3 RB or not, the choice is easy.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Dude, what is this whole "Helu, on the other hand, is the main man that appearently is only going to come out when he felles like he needs a break"???

We are talking Mike Shanahan here. For all we know, Tashard Choice will get 20 carries this week.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Sloww.. if you look at relavant stats. Helu has only been the main guy in one game. In that one game, he destroyed Sproles.

Shanahan is a douche when it comes to RBs; however, he hasn't given a ringing endorsement of a RB this much since Terrell Davis.
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Obviously, you know what you want to do. Why ask? I gave an opinion, which was solicited. You didn't say me in particular, but no one else had jumped out there.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                Sloww.. if you look at relavant stats. Helu has only been the main guy in one game. In that one game, he destroyed Sproles.

Shanahan is a douche when it comes to RBs; however, he hasn't given a ringing endorsement of a RB this much since Terrell Davis.
                He has also not named Helu the starter in Week 10.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Any thoughts on Mario Manningham, Fred Davis, Percy Harvin, or TB Mike Williams in a non-ppr league? Percy Harvin bizarrely is the only one not on their team's injury report.

Comment

• Mario -- loses targets with Nicks back
                    Davis -- probably my choice, despite teh John Beckness of it all
                    Harvin -- by far the most upside if healthy, but hasn't done anything all year
                    TB Williams -- meh

Donegeal -- If Sproles does not get credit for return yds, I would roll the dice with Helu.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I started Fred Davis last week and argh... he had 0 catches until the final two drives of the 4th quarter when he salvaged something in garbage time of that blow-out. Still only got me 4 points so it wasn't like he even scored in garbage time. And the Dolphins have been surprisingly very stingy on TE's this year aside from the Patriots in Week 1 and Helu has apparently become the checkdown option so I have the feeling of another disappearing act. So even he sucks more than you're giving him credit for, unfortunately.

Hey maybe Shanahan will pull Beck at the half for Grossman? I've seen more Redskins action than usual this year and the offense is notably better with Grossman.

Comment

• Interestingly enough!

From the Washington Post:

This week, Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan had Beck split first-team snaps with second-string quarterback Rex Grossman, who opened the season as the starter but was benched four games ago, according to three people with knowledge of the situation

Comment

• Then take a shot with Harvin. Reports are that he's fully healthy and will be getting more snaps.

Comment

• It's amazing that people come and ask for an opinion and then argue that you're wrong.

Comment

• I wasn't arguing at all. I was just making an ancillary comment in response.

Besides, what's wrong with some argument? It's boring without any sort of debate about players.

Comment

• OK, for consistancy sake, I'm going with Sproles, but I'll be coming back with a great big "I told you so" when Helu out performs him.

Comment

Working...
                                X