No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have MJD? I'd better trade him in auction league.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Team of Destiny!

Good luck JR, I hope you destroy the Firemen.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post

Looks like I might have lost my 4th starter this season. J.Best is looking to sit until after the Lions bye week.
        And the Lions just acquired Ronnie Brown from the Eagles.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Why does no one believe in James Harrison? I drafted him last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Why does no one believe in James Harrison? I drafted him last year.
            This guy?

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Jerome Harrison? Andy Reid likes him. He's traded for him twice now. He's a pure scat back so he's fine in Reid's system but he's not a guy who is any good running between the tackles, those few games in 2009 aside.

Comment

• Yes, Jerome, my bad. I was impressed what he did for cleveland. Seems he's done well whenever given the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Yes, Jerome, my bad. I was impressed what he did for cleveland. Seems he's done well whenever given the chance.
                  "Done well" in a Doug Flutie way of 'doing well', maybe. I mean Jerome Harrison doesn't run backwards every time he gets the ball. He's got that going for him.

Comment

• Jerome had a couple very good weeks when forced into the Cleveland lineup by injury. That was in 2009 IIRC. Then in 2010, Hillis happened.

It seems Schwartz doesn't like him for some reason. Detroit signed him as their RB2, but he was demoted behind Mo Morris and Keiland Williams last week.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                      Al, I need some of your patented deep-WW-sleeper picks, both my WRs are out on byes this week in my espn league. Who you got?
                      Check to see if Arrelious Benn is available. The Bears' secondary (particularly their safety play) is shaky and they've given up some big deep plays. I think Benn has a better than even chance of breaking a big one this week. Obviously, if this is a PPR league, you may want to downgrade my assessment a bit since Benn has never had more than 4 catches in a game this season. Still, I think a 3 for 83 and a score, as he did last week against New Orleans, is reasonably likely.

My pick last week, Greg Little, who had a pretty good day (6 for 72), is also a good play this week going up against a struggling Seattle secondary sans Marcus Trufant. The Giants burned the Seahawks with some deep throws and while Colt McCoy doesn't look downfield much, Greg Little is more than capable enough of taking a short pass in the flat for a big gain.

Now, someone may get hurt and I bump someone ahead of these guys before Sunday, but as of right now, the matchups dictate Benn and Little this week.

Comment

• So do I start Romo against St. Louis or Tebow against Miami this week?

Remember, each 10 yards rushing is a point so even if Tebow throws for 150 and a score but gets another 50 yards rushing and a score on the ground (and he ran one in in every game he started last year), that's 23 fantasy points.

If Romo doesn't pick up anything on the ground, Tebow throwing for 150/1TD, 50rushing/1TD would be equivalent to Romo throwing for 275 and 2 scores. What is more likely? Who is more likely to exceed that?

Comment

• Go with Romo vs Stl. Romo may choke in big games, but against a patsy like Stl, he'll do great.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            And the Lions just acquired Ronnie Brown from the Eagles.
                            Or not.

On Tuesday, the Eagles announced that running back Ronnie Brown had been traded to the Lions for running back Jerome Harrison and a seventh-round draft pick. Like every trade, the deal was subject to both players passing a physical.
                            Harrison apparently didn’t.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• My turn:

Brady is on a bye (for that matter, so is Welker, and I'm going up against the only undefeated team this week) and I need to pick up a QB to use this week.

My major choices are:
                              T.Tebow (Den) vs Mia
                              or
                              C.Palmer(Oak) vs KC
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Palmer, although Alby will say Tebow.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X