No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jaguar, looks like it's going to come down to your Lesean McCoy vs. my Maclin/Celek to see if your D/ST league winning streak continues. You haven't lost in D/ST league in 2 years, right?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Late Patrick Peterson punt return gave Jaguar the lead... 2.5 fantasy points and McCoy vs. Maclin and Celek. Let's knock that crown off Jaguar's head and give him his first loss
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Turnovers in DST are overvalued, I think. I understand that they are big plays in games, but they seem to distort scoring more than they should and can turn a ok-to-good game by a player into a pretty bad one. I don't think they get distributed predictably enough to have that big an impact on fantasy scores...might want to think about dialing it back some next year.

(and I say this as somebody who is likely to win my DST game this week)
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Yeah I had a -1 on the day from Ogbonnaya because of a fumble. He ran badly but did get 41 total yards. I don't know. Is 41 yards at a low clip and a fumble equivalent to a negative value?

I also had a small negative from Taiwan Jones on account of him getting 2 carries to muster 1 net yard. This is on account of the new system.
          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 6, 2011, 21:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Hey Jaguar, looks like it's going to come down to your Lesean McCoy vs. my Maclin/Celek to see if your D/ST league winning streak continues. You haven't lost in D/ST league in 2 years, right?
            Right.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
              Right.
              Let's get it then

Comment

• Dallas Cowboys starting wide receiver Miles Austin could miss 2-4 weeks with an injured right hamstring suffered in Sunday's victory over the Seattle Seahawks, according to a source.
                I hate my fantasy team in the league for money. I hate it so much.

Comment

• Jaguar and I are neck and neck. I have a small 83.32-81.91 lead at the half.

Come on Maclin and Celek! Take Jaguar down!

Comment

• ****! So close!

Comment

• For what it's worth, I was also up against Jaguar this week, though in the IDP league...early in the game I was close to him, behind about 3 points, but with him having McCoy/Henery and me having D.Jackson/J.Knox, I didn't like my odds and he slaughtered me in the end (Jackson's fumble didn't help any).

We were both middle of the pack at 4-4, I really wanted this win as 5-4 looks so much better then 4-5!

On a brighter note, I thought that my QB choice was again going to cost me a win (the problem with having 3 quarterbacks is picking the right one), but even though I picked the wrong one again this week, it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Oh. See I got desperate going against Jaguar so I started Taiwan Jones at the last minute in hopes of a big play (figuring I needed a high-risk/high-reward guy to compete with Jaguar). He gave me negative points while I had steady James Starks and Antonio Brown on my bench, guys who would have given me the win.

I outsmarted myself and should have just gone for the points, not the prayer.

Comment

• Jaguar hasn't lost in D/ST league in two years. Sorry, guys. I almost had him

Comment

• Ben kept up the streak/tradition of "play Rabbit, score big" with 169+.
                            Keeps the average points against at over 170/game. Well done.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• So not only is Miles Austin out but the kicker I picked up in my money league:

Lindell is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury, a team source told The Buffalo News.
                              My team is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Ben kept up the streak/tradition of "play Rabbit, score big" with 169+.
                                Keeps the average points against at over 170/game. Well done.
                                Jesus, I can see why people dont like h2h

anyone ever play a roto league? I wouldn't mind adding 1 next year, I'll even commish if its a slow draft. My only gripe about roto leagues is people who disappear so they cant even compete in their stronger cats allowing weaker but present teams to gain ground on better teams

but even that perceived flaw cant compare to missing the playoffs because of bad luck... especially since I tend to draft for the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X