No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRs: sit Dez Bryant. Overrated and inconsistent. He could go large, but the others are pretty unbenchable.

On the RBs, it depends on whether this is PPR and if you get return yards. In general though, I would sit Torain because it's so hard to trust Shanahan when it comes to RBs.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I should also point out that my record for playing the right guys has been pretty abysmal this year. Fair warning.

Hopefully, YMMV.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Eagles run defense is atrocious and they are susceptible to the no-nonsense one-cut running style that Shanahan demands of his RB's. Whoever out of Hightower, Torain, and Helu gets the majority of the carries (or even a split similar to Gore/Hunter), will have a big fantasy day. Look at Torain as a high-risk, high-reward play.

And I'm with Jrabbit. Dez Bryant is the weakest of your WR/TE options. Jimmy Graham is the best TE in football and would be top-5 among WR's, so he is an unquestioned starter, as are Welker and Wallace. Bryant will probably have a very good day against New England but you can't go with the guy who is only the second best WR on his team.
        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 14, 2011, 19:53.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Regarding Dez, I realy want to hear from Sloww. We all talk alot of crap on here, but for the most part, we all know our own teams the best (Sloww/Cowboys, Al/NYG, even Ben/SD). With Austin back in the fold in Dallas, Dez is going to get single coverage. He has a shot of 200+ yards and 3 TDs. As good as Graham is, I'm not going to get production like that out of him.

As far as RB go, I'm actually leaning toward benching Best because of the matchup. SF has allowed the fewest points to RBs this season. Not only that, but things are shaping up for Torain to make a great run like he did last year (even if he splits time with Hightower).

Damn, it looks like I could have three players that wern't drafted in my starting lineup this week (that being Sporels, Torain and Graham).
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• sproles

Comment

• Dez Bryant has all the potential to be great. I think he'll have people in Dallas forgetting Miles Austin. If he can stay healthy, I can even see him in the HOF.
              I try not to say much here anymore, because I get tired of the crap. People are largely anti-Romo here, too; but I think they're as mistaken as Alby.
              There are maybe 3 QB's I'd take over Romo. Brady, Rogers and Brees. I leave out Peyton Manning because I'm only talking this day forward, which is also why I say MAYBE 3.
              Last edited by SlowwHand; October 14, 2011, 23:39.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Ok great... but would you start Bryant over Graham in my situation?
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I haven't been to any team meetings, but I would think that the Cowboys will have an aggressive game plan this week. Bryant will be playing.
                  I'm starting him in IDP league without any trepidations. He's projected to do best by far in a group that includes Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin and Mike Williams.
                  He projects better than Graham and equal to Austin, who doesn't matter in this conversation.
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; October 15, 2011, 00:16.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• ****!!!!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back LeGarrette Blount could find himself out for upwards of four to six weeks due to an MCL tear suffered during his team’s 48-3 loss to the 49ers on October 9th.

While previous reports called Blount’s injury a sprain and predicted that he would miss no more than two games, local sports radio broadcaster J.P Peterson described it as a grade two tear, meaning that the Bucs star will need at least a month to recover.
                    My auction team is cursed I just got Blount last week and already he's down.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So long as the Albie Taint doesn't hit Cam this week, I'll be happy.

I try not to say much here anymore, because I get tired of the crap. People are largely anti-Romo here, too; but I think they're as mistaken as Alby.
                      There are maybe 3 QB's I'd take over Romo. Brady, Rogers and Brees. I leave out Peyton Manning because I'm only talking this day forward, which is also why I say MAYBE 3.
                      Over Rivers?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Fred Jackson be good yo.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• 120.53 vs 119.37

I have no words. Unbelievable.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 17, 2011, 04:01.

Comment

• Another 3-0 week for me, unless Keller blows up tonight. Remain in control of the IDP and Auction leagues, and I'm back in contention in DST.

Kneel before Zod.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....mid1=10&mid2=9

120.53 vs 119.37

I have no words. Unbelievable.
                              Wow, a reversal. Plus, you're 10th in scoring this week. It's hard to expect victory with that, yet it looks like you might get away with it. I'll brook no more talk about how unlucky you are. Even it it's reversed again when they do late scoring adjustments Thursday morning.
                              Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 17, 2011, 10:53.

Comment

• I have a general fantasy question. In my league, there is a WR/TE slot as as well as 2 WR slots and a TE slot.

I traded Hernandez for Romo but I still have Jimmy Graham (#1 TE in yardage) and Fred Davis (#4 TE in yardage). I have Miles Austin and Marques Colston so those guys will fill out the 2 main WR spots but my other WR's are TB Mike Williams, Marshall, Harvin, Manningham, and Greg Little.

Should I start Fred Davis over that motley group of WR's pretty much every week? How good does a TE need to be before you start him over a WR in such a format? Do you always play a top-10 TE over a WR2/WR3?

Comment

Working...
                                X