Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Not starting your Kicker is going to be the difference. I'm up by 6.

Nugent was 6 points. Looks like my draft 3 kickers strategy wasn't crazy after all.

4-1. Me and Guy fight it out for first place in Auction league.
    I hate how yahoo doesn't auto sub in kickers when the spot is empty. I dropped another kicker and picked him up and of course it doesn't put him in by default. My mistake.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Week 5. Despite posting the second highest point total of the week in IDP, I now have a loss in both leagues. Ever so slowly, the Hindenburg approaches its mooring mast.

Poly IDP

1. Calamitous Intent 5-0-0 1.000 824.96 673.21 W-5 6 4
      2. Deviations 4-1-0 .800 875.81 762.05 L-1 9 10
      3. A Dead Horse 4-1-0 .800 740.94 650.67 W-2 4 6
      4. Random Encounter 3-2-0 .600 763.93 720.88 W-1 10 2
      5. berz 3-2-0 .600 737.59 715.71 W-2 8 30
      6. Hairball Express 3-2-0 .600 713.34 667.87 L-1 7 7
      7. Mountain Goats 2-3-0 .400 699.97 752.54 L-2 2 5
      8. Dallas Dwarf Tossers 2-3-0 .400 673.87 743.26 L-3 11 9
      9. Ice Hawks 2-3-0 .400 645.57 680.90 L-1 1 6
      10. Vicious Rabbits 1-4-0 .200 735.27 850.03 W-1 12 17
      11. Electric Slide Jedi 1-4-0 .200 705.74 817.83 W-1 3 24
      12. Forte's Firemen 0-5-0 .000 630.29 712.33 L-5 5 4

-----

Poly DST

1. Youth Rights Knights 5-0-0 1.000 767.17 588.31 W-5 2 2
      2. Mountain Goats 5-0-0 1.000 659.64 538.43 W-5 5 3
      3. Deviations 4-1-0 .800 778.87 645.33 W-1 4 7
      4. Berz 3-2-0 .600 692.80 560.68 W-2 3 11
      5. Purple Drank 3-2-0 .600 670.81 685.78 L-1 9 6
      6. The Flashtastics 3-2-0 .600 645.59 500.98 W-2 8 6
      7. Dallas Dwarf Tossers 3-2-0 .600 635.51 525.38 L-1 13 4
      8. I'm Thinking RBs 3-2-0 .600 527.80 580.17 W-3 14 20
      9. Calamitous Intent 2-3-0 .400 546.21 636.10 W-1 12 5
      10. Spazz Monkeys 1-4-0 .200 550.26 806.65 L-4 6 5
      11. The Mighty Drizzle 1-4-0 .200 541.83 622.68 L-2 1 1
      12. Quarterback AllStars 1-4-0 .200 530.57 628.06 L-3 10 3
      13. Chester's Tailors 1-4-0 .200 491.25 553.11 L-3 11 3
      14. Savage Hammers 0-5-0 .000 606.80 773.45 L-5 7 5

-----

Poly's Cap

1 Deviations 489.57
      2 Demoncaps 454.46
      3 Dallas Dwarf Tossers 451.49
      4 Ice Hawks 443.60
      5 RAH's Crappy pix 435.02
      6 Mingapulcos 432.13
      7 Vicious Rabbits 417.18
      8 ajhebelteam 402.87
      9 berz 400.18
      10 A Dead Horse 388.37
      11 Meh 378.46
      12 Four Racks 364.27
      13 Da Boyz 354.19
      14 U Jealous 347.35
      15 RB's RBs 345.95
      16 the youngest of them all 334.71
      17 Ramsey's team 325.55
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• 527.80 580.17

The second worst team in D-ST is 3-2?

Hilarious. Al's team sucks ass, but is sucking up all the luck in that league. Savage Hammers is a far better team than his, but is 0-5.

How does one manage to not have the highest points against, and an above average team but still fall to 0-5?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben, while I average only 105.5 points per week, my standard deviation is 24.75 (compared to Savage Hammers who averages 121.3 points and a stdev of 13.63). I've lost when I put up 135 points and won when I put up only 84. It's been a mixed bag for me.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Hey, Ben, did I forget to mention that I'm 3-2 in D/ST league?

And for some added sexiness, I go up against Flash, whom I made a trade with, next week. He will be sans Philip Rivers and will presumably start the very QB I traded him. Great week to tell who got the better end of that trade.
            Can't judge a trade based on one week.
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Ben, while I average only 105.5 points per week, my standard deviation is 24.75 (compared to Savage Hammers who averages 121.3 points and a stdev of 13.63). I've lost when I put up 135 points and won when I put up only 84. It's been a mixed bag for me.
              You're +2, +3 wins over where you should be. That won't last.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• This is, by light years, the best I have ever done in fantasy football.

I am the Lions.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

The second worst team in D-ST is 3-2?

Hilarious. Al's team sucks ass, but is sucking up all the luck in that league. Savage Hammers is a far better team than his, but is 0-5.

How does one manage to not have the highest points against, and an above average team but still fall to 0-5?
                  Yikes, yea. Poor Savage Hammers.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                    Yikes, yea. Poor Savage Hammers.
                    Indeed. I knew my draft wasn't exactly stellar, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Unfortunately, so far I've had a tough schedule (the teams I've played are a combined 18-7), under performing players (yes you, CJ2K CJ0.5K), and seemingly bad luck (losing a game by 0.26 points). The only decently bright spot so far has been Stafford's performance.

Comment

• This is, by light years, the best I have ever done in fantasy football.
                      Did I not say you would be Shiva - destroyer of worlds.

Comment

• Stafford
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm amused by how reactionary the pickups in D/ST league are. Guys pick up Laurent Robinson (when I cut him after his stellar game), Jason Avant, James Jones, etc. AFTER they have a big game when there's no reason to expect another. For example, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant will be playing this week for Dallas, so what's the point in getting Robinson now when his value last week was only contingent on him being better than Kevin Oggletree in the absence of Miles Austin and Dez Bryant playing banged up? Jason Avant was used heavily because Maclin and Jackson were blanketed well and he made critical mistakes that may haunt his targets. James Jones emerged because Donald Driver's been dinged up but we know from experience, James Jones isn't going to consistently be a fantasy factor with Jennings, Finley, and Nelson, not to mention Driver being healthy.

It's just silly to me why you're wasting pickups on guys who will be regressing to the mean a week after a big performance that was almost certainly contingent on circumstances that may no longer be a factor.

It's not that hard to predict. I mean I've been hitting home runs with my weekly pickups of deep waiver wire guys (Doug Baldwin and Jackie Battle were my latest pickups before Sunday's games, and they both had huge performances; had Laurent Robinson and Kendell Hunter the week before; Donald Jones before that), so it can't be that hard
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You are second to last in points. I don't know if you have been hitting "anything out of the park." Plus, I am going to crush you this week . Projected win by 5.25 points .
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                              You are second to last in points. I don't know if you have been hitting "anything out of the park." Plus, I am going to crush you this week . Projected win by 5.25 points .
                              Dude, I picked up Donald Jones and Montario Hardesty in Week 3 and they obliged with 5 catches for 101 yards and 86 all-purpose yards respectively. I picked up Laurent Robinson and Kendell Hunter in Week 4, and Robinson put up 7 for 116 while Hunter had 100 yards from scrimmage. This past week, I picked up Doug Baldwin (136 and a score) and Jackie Battle (140 yards). I don't always start them since it's tough to convince myself to start these guys over Maclin and Holmes but my pickups have out-performed my drafted starters every week, so I'm going to change that.

In fact, I'll take offers for Maclin and Santonio Holmes.

I've shown a proclivity for finding the weekly deep sleeper gems. I did the same thing last year (I was the one who picked up Blount and James Starks last year, before their breakouts [okay, Starks was a little premature since it took the playoffs for him to get going], and was always rotating guys I picked up the morning before their breakout, like Seyi Ajirotutu).

I'm not saying I'm the ****. I'm just saying that you guys are making it too easy by having so little turnover on your rosters. There's no reason why I was the only one who saw Laurent Robinson (when Miles Austin was out), Jackie Battle (whom Todd Haley said days before the game that he was going to be a big part of their gameplan), and Doug Baldwin (a possession guy on an offense that was missing Mike Williams) about to have big games. It was patently obvious.

And I don't care about 'projections'. Besides, the guys I got starting now aren't who'll be starting come Sunday

Comment

• I'll give an example.

I just picked up Greg Little today, buried on the second page of free agents. He has just been promoted over Robiskie, Josh Cribbs is banged up, and Oakland's defense is susceptible to a guy with Little's skillset, not to mention the fact that, as a converted RB, he's exactly the type of player that will thrive in Pat Shurmer's system once he gets the starts, which he is finally getting.

He may disappoint, sure, but he's only a flyer and, on paper, it is a slam dunk. I just wish it wasn't so hard to convince myself to start him over Maclin or Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X