Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT THE ****?!

I bet I know when it happened, too. He caught a diving pass on the final drive and landed hard on his shoulder. I noticed that. He came up favoring it and I got scared that he was hurt but he played the next 25 seconds of the game. ****.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      I thought it was strange too but the logic was that they never want a situation where starting a guy hurts you. It's rare but you can get in situations where you'd be better off playing no one than playing a guy who turns the ball over (maybe a guy who gets laid out, fumbles, and is taking off in a stretcher). In an Apolyton league in 2006, I lost Trent Green in week 1 and had to start Kerry Collins. Kerry's bum ass gave me negative points on his day; like -5 or something.

Think about it with defenses as well. I'm sure you can imagine quite often there are times when you'd be better off not playing a defense than playing one that will give you negative points. You can probably predict this in advance, as well. Then you get into some strange situations where a guy doesn't play a defense and that can be very problematic if there aren't rules set up for this.

These are all 'out-there' situations though. I did try to get them to punish INTs and fumbles but it's not my league. They've been doing this for over a decade and they don't want to change.
      There's no logic there. This isn't even a thought process; it's just "because we don't do that." It makes INT-heavy QBs and all fumble-rific players far more relevant than they should be. I guess it's nice to not worry about it 5-6 fumbles for guys like Benson, Hillis and Bradshaw, or the 25 INTs that Eli threw, but it eliminates one of the main differentiators between guys of otherwise equal talent.

Stupid.

I've been through those days with negative QB points. It's not like there's a big difference between zero and -5.2 when your opponent is rolling for a standard 30-40.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I was looking to deal Colston too. There goes his trade value
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          There's no logic there. This isn't even a thought process; it's just "because we don't do that." It makes INT-heavy QBs and all fumble-rific players far more relevant than they should be. I guess it's nice to not worry about it 5-6 fumbles for guys like Benson, Hillis and Bradshaw, or the 25 INTs that Eli threw, but it eliminates one of the main differentiators between guys of otherwise equal talent.

Stupid.

I've been through those days with negative QB points. It's not like there's a big difference between zero and -5.2 when your opponent is rolling for a standard 30-40.
          I know. I know. When I first played in the league in 2007 (I skipped a few years til last year), I made the comment that QB's like Grossman and Culpepper were too good. You just need a reckless slinging QB on a team with a terrible defense... you know he'll keep throwing and it doesn't matter if he throws 2 picks a game. But that's how they do it.

Comment

• Eli shoulda had 17 ints last year. **** his WRs.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Colston out with a broken Collar Bone. I gotta start checking my rosters and see if I have overlaps with Al's ill fated team.

What was that, Albert? I said that Henderson and Meachem would be WR1 and WR2 specifically. Good thing I grabbed Meachem.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Colston out with a broken Collar Bone. I gotta start checking my rosters and see if I have overlaps with Al's ill fated team.
                I have zero of Albert's players.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Henderson and Meachem will outproduce Colston this year

Comment

• Crap - that's the first I heard of this (have him in the FFZ offline league). Latest report is he will probably be out about four weeks.

Comment

• You got lucky, Ben. With 4 less weeks of production, your prediction may come true but only because of injury.

Comment

• You got lucky, Ben. With 4 less weeks of production, your prediction may come true but only because of injury.
                        I did own Colston for 2 years, I should think I have some insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          You got lucky, Ben. With 4 less weeks of production, your prediction may come true but only because of injury.
                          And if he had said to not go outside too long because you might get a sunburn, he would only be right because the sun was out.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            And if he had said to not go outside too long because you might get a sunburn, he would only be right because the sun was out.
                            Sunburn? You actually don't go outside too long for fear of sunburn? What is too long?

Comment

• Sunburn? You actually don't go outside too long for fear of sunburn? What is too long?
                              Uh, this is TX. Plenty of sun.

Comment

• Yeah that Kerry Collins is such a great play, Ben. How many points are you getting for sack fumbles?
                                Robomanager started Cutler. Robomanager is winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X