College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    I'd be for that. Alabama already had their shot at LSU.
    Everyone ought to be for that.

With the Hokies bombing, Okie State will probably move up to #3 in a bunch (maybe all?) of ballots, which combined with their healthy lead over Bama in the computers, should make them #2.

Can you imagine Bama #2 in the polls, but #3 in the BCS? Oh, the schadenfreude could be delicious, oh so delicious.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• All having 2 SEC teams in the NCG will do is help confirm the best team in the SEC. That is why Alabama shouldn't be in the game.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• It would be the first time it involved members of the same conference. I don't think it's proper on 2 counts. As has been said, they had their shot. The other is, they didn't win their conference.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Remember when #2 Michigan lost to #1 Ohio State in 2006, and the next week they were still #2 and #1? By the time the final ballot came out, even though both teams hadn't played again, Michigan dropped to #3 in the polls? I have some faith in the voters to do the same again.

(Sorry for reopening that wound Guy, but hopefully the voters bail us out of a rematch scenario)

Comment

• Actually, the way it went down was this:

#1 OSU beats #2 Michigan. Michigan falls to #3; USC moves to #2.

Next week, #2 USC loses to #LOLOLOLOL UCLA; #4 Florida beats #10orso Arkansas, jumps idle #3 Michigan.

It was the right thing to do, even if the voting was fishy.

Comment

• Had it all the way and it even happened just like I said it would.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Meanwhile, Oklahoma State is straight-up skull****ing Oklahoma to the tune of 34-3. If they don't leapfrog Alabama for the #2 spot, I will burn all the things.
                I will join you, if it comes to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Are you out of your god damned mind?

Gus Johnson is a national ****ing treasure. That is the ONLY good thing about this being on FOX.
                  QFT

Comment

• Yes, luring the opponent into running into the kicker was an awesome strategy.

I figured this as a revenge/justice game for Wisconsin, but they simply didn't dominate the line play. I've gotta say, Sparty was much more impressive than I expected.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• So here is how things would (probably) shake out in hypothetical playoffs situations making some assumptions re: final rankings:

The “Danielson”—byes: 1 LSU, 2 OSU; 3 Bama v. 6 BSU; 4. Stanford v. 5 Oregon

The NCAA 8: 1 LSU v. 8. WVU; 2 OSU v. 7. Clemson; 3. Bama v. 6. Wisky; 4. Stanford v. 5. Oregon

The NCAA 12: byes: LSU, OSU, Bama, Oregon; 5. Wisky v. 12 ArkSt; 6. Clem v. 11. LaTech; 7. TCU v. 10. NIU; 8. Southern Miss v. 9. WVU

The NCAA 16: 1. LSU v. 16. ArkSt; 2. OSU v. 15. LaTech; 3. Bama v. 14. LaTech; 4. Stanford v. 13. NIU; 5. Oregon v. 12. WVU; 6. BSU v. 11. Southern Miss; 7. Wisky v. 10. TCU; 8. Arkansas v. 9. Clemson

OR

You have the system long-advocated by myself, specifically any and all conference champs with a maximum of loss get into a playoff, which this year would result in:

1. LSU vs. 2. Okie State

full stop.

I win again.

Comment

• I don't mind the 6 team playoff, but to change it slightly, I would prevent conference matchups in the first round.
                        The “Danielson”—byes: 1 LSU, 2 OSU; 3 Bama v. 5 Oregon ; 4. Stanford v. 6 BSU

Comment

• The coaches poll is out, and at least one "expert" ranked Oklahoma State at #4.

Not looking good, gentlemen. Not looking good at all.

Comment

• I'll add my voice to the Cowboys to the NCG chorus. Anything but a rematch of the snoozefest.

1. LSU
                            2. Okie State
                            3. Alabama
                            4. Stanford
                            5. Oregon
                            6. USC
                            7. Arkansas
                            8. Wisconsin
                            9. Boise State
                            10. Kansas State
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• IT IS GOING TO BE BAMA

I HAVE EVERYTHING

THIS **** IS ****ING ASININE

Comment

• I hope you're wrong. I don't want to have to burn all the things.

Comment

Working...
                                X