No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Tech fans everywhere are rejoicing that getting blown out got them a better bowl than they would have gotten had they won.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• What's wrong with the Orange Bowl? Va Tech is more likely to get beat by Michigan than WVU too

Comment

• Orange bowl gets the ACC Champion (a laughable concept given the quality of the ACC of late). Sugar gets SEC or at large and is therefore better. Also, losing to Michigan is marginally less embarrassing than losing to WVU.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
          What's wrong with the Orange Bowl? Va Tech is more likely to get beat by Michigan than WVU too
          $$$

Virginia Tech and Michigan travel well.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Which is/would have the higher Wisconsin vs Oregon point total?

Football or Basketball?
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
              Orange bowl gets the ACC Champion (a laughable concept given the quality of the ACC of late). Sugar gets SEC or at large and is therefore better. Also, losing to Michigan is marginally less embarrassing than losing to WVU.
              Given the quality of the ACC forever.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              $$$

Virginia Tech and Michigan travel well.
              If Virginia Tech Michigan played in the Orange Bowl would the Sugar Bowl still be better?

Comment

• Ah, I misread. Though, IIRC, the Sugar Bowl is considered more prestigious than the Orange Bowl and the opponent does matter - Michigan will get you more eyeballs which ultimately helps your team more in the future regardless of result.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I doubt Michigan needs the prestige boost of a few more eyeballs this bowl season. They're probably the most famous recently D-II school in the country.

Comment

• 10 Big10 teams make a bowl this year. ridiculous.

Comment

• This is America, where mediocrity is handsomely rewarded.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes, silly. But that's the system. As silly as a team playing for the national championship after not even being in their conference championship game.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I see no reason why the second best team couldn't have the misfortune to be in the same division as the best team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                            I see no reason why the second best team couldn't have the misfortune to be in the same division as the best team.
                            It's the same issue I have with baseball - if you can't win your division why do you get a chance to knock off the team that did?

Comment

• And they had one chance already.

I'm boycotting the game. I won't be watching it. It's a protest.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                It's the same issue I have with baseball - if you can't win your division why do you get a chance to knock off the team that did?
                                At least you have to beat someone else in the playoffs to earn the privilege.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X