3. Boise State
    4. Stanford
    5. Oregon
    6. Alabama
    7. Oklahoma
    8. Arkansas
    9. Clemson
    10. Penn State

Honestly, I was not impressed with Stanford's win over the lowly Beavers. In fact, the Beavs probably should have gone into halftime either tied 14-14 or down 17-14 instead of down 17-7: that hit on Owusu was clean, he ducked his head into the defender. So for the second week in a row, I did not see Stanford playing as well as I expected for much of the game. I've no idea what to expect to happen next week in Palo Alto, but I bet it will be a much more entertaining affair than yesterday's "Game of the Cen...tur...zzzzzzzzz."
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Ya'll clearly aren't educated enough to appreciate all the SEC speed on display last night.

Comment

• Not true. I bet Bama's kicker ran like lightning out of that stadium.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          Ya'll clearly aren't educated enough to appreciate all the SEC speed on display last night.
          I didn't say the were crappy teams, they are the 2 best, I think, but getting them together is a snoozefest.

Their defenses have speed, the offenses seem to be lacking, however.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I was being sarcastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              I don't remember this being addressed anywhere: what happens if Arkansas beats LSU, and all three teams end up 11-1 (7-1)? What is the SEC tiebreaker in that scenario? Because if Arky ends up in the SECCG against Georgia, I might just die laughing.
              Where is the Hog love??? Yes, we are a mediore top 10 team, but we keep on winning.

Here is the scenario, the way I understand it. The tiebreaker in the SEC for a 3-way tie is if the top two teams in the BCS standings are within 5 positions of each other, then it goes to the winner of that head to head matchup.

Since Bama will not drop past 4 or 5, and the Hogs will still be 7 or 8 this week, Bama would still hold the tie-breaker since Bama will not drop 5 places behind the Hogs, unless they lose again, and the odds of that happening are slim.

The Hogs "should" roll the next two home games against UT and Misstake. Then the toughy at LSU. For some reason, the Hogs always play the Tiggers tough and surprise them when they shouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                I was being sarcastic.
                I live in Texas, we don't get sarcasm here.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• So, how long do we have to wait before we can make jokes about the Penn State situation?

Comment

• Give it a bit. I read the 23-page Grand Jury report today, and it's pretty horrifying.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I'm trying to avoid the details.

edit: I unfortunately went and read the details.
                      Last edited by Tupac Shakur; November 7, 2011, 01:23.

Comment

• I've heard a bit about the details, and, wow. I'm trying to think of a situation where joking about it would be acceptable, and I'm coming up with nothing.

That **** is bad.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I just got caught up in reading all the stuff, and Holy crap! Penn State is in a crap load of trouble and Paterno looks really bad, even though legally he did what he was supposed to.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Um... isn't he supposed to call the cops?
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The DA and Grand Jury have said Paterno met his legal obligation, which was to inform the AD and the guy who was the head of the campus police dept.

Moral? Doesn't seem possible. How do you just refer an accusation that a longtime former assistant is using your facilities to rape children to your superiors and then do nothing when it's obvious there's been no follow-up on it, and the guy is still hanging around? Maybe it's senility, but it seems like a reprehensible failure in moral judgment.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• And as for McQueary, I don't understand how he possibly could have slept at night knowing what he saw and that Sandusky was still walking around free. If the Grand Jury report of what he witnessed in the showers is true, how could HE just let it go when he saw Sandusky wasn't held to account? The more I think about how many people failed to act in this matter, it makes my blood boil.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X