Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    You are a VP in a big company.

An underling comes to you and says that he saw one of your chief lieutenants ****ing a ten-year-old boy.

You tell the CEO. You hear nothing else about it, and the accused continues as if nothing has happened.

You do nothing else? Seriously?
    It feels to me more like he reported the crime to the local cops, and when he never heard back, he should be at fault for not calling the State Police.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      It was a complete moral failing on Paterno's part. You can't just wish child molestation goes away.

Also Penn State likes to hold itself up as a more than just, well, an Ohio State.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        In all fairness, EX chief Lieutenant
        but to me that might make it a little different but not enough to just sit there and not follow up on it.
        You don't give your ex-chief lieutenant and possible child rapist keys to the building and an office.

Compared to the "crimes" Tressel lost his job over, how can this even be a point of discussion? JoePa and the AD should be gone, yesterday.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• gotta admit, I did not think Bama would be in it, or shoulda won

I'd like a rematch for the title

Comment

• Not me. Bama had their chance. At home. Done deal.

Let the next-best challenger come forward!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
              Is it just me, or is everyone overreacting to Paterno's part of this story?

When notified of an incident, he reported it to the Administration and campus police. At the time he didn't know about the other alleged incidents. It remains unclear exactly how much information was told to Paterno according to some news sources. Was it in bad taste to allow Sandusky to maintain privileges at the team facility? Absolutely.
              Accusations were made against Sandusky in 1998, and there's little doubt Paterno was aware of them. Why else would his expected heir suddenly retire in 1999? So coupled with the previous investigation (about which I provided info above), Paterno had every reason to take the 2002 eye-witness report from a trusted grad assistant very, very seriously.

It's now being reported that as many as twenty victims have come forward to authorities. Twenty. And considering Sandusky was with the foundation until 2008, it's pretty certain there will be victims from after 2002. Now, imagine you're a father of a boy who was raped by Sandusky after 2002. Would YOU think Paterno did enough back then?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Accusations which were investigated, handed to a DA, who then decided not to prosecute. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

There has been a ton of talk about what Paterno knew, should have known, and what he should have done. And there has been a rush to judgement, labeling him as just as bad as Sandusky. Who here remembers the Duke Lacrosse team case from 2006 where the players were accused, berated, and eventually cleared? I want to hear more before I decide to jump on the "Fire Paterno" bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  It was a complete moral failing, on every level.
                  QFT

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                    Accusations which were investigated, handed to a DA, who then decided not to prosecute. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
                    So if you have a guy who you knew had been investigated before for inappropriate contact with minors (even if not convicted), and then one of your trusted lieutenants reports to you that he saw that guy anally penetrating a 10-year-old boy in the showers of your own athletic facilities, you really would be satisfied if the administration officials to which you reported it took no action and the guy was still walking around your campus, and you knew he was still working with a charity for boys? Really?

And we're not talking about legal innocence or guilt here, we're talking about Paterno's moral responsibility to do more than just his legal obligation. Even the police commissioner involved has said that Paterno did not do enough. And let's face it, Paterno is the real big cheese at PSU--everyone knows he wielded as much authority as he wanted.

There has been a ton of talk about what Paterno knew, should have known, and what he should have done. And there has been a rush to judgement, labeling him as just as bad as Sandusky. Who here remembers the Duke Lacrosse team case from 2006 where the players were accused, berated, and eventually cleared? I want to hear more before I decide to jump on the "Fire Paterno" bandwagon.
                    1. I've not seen anyone claim Paterno is as bad as Sandusky. Any sane person would know at least that's not true. But based on the grand jury report alone--which is based on Paterno's own testimony--it's clear to anyone with a moral compass that he failed to take enough action to prevent a guy he had every reason to believe was raping children from continuing to do so.
                    2. This is in no way comparable to the Duke case, at least as far as Paterno is concerned, since no one is accusing him of a crime.

I ask you again: If you had a kid who had been raped by Sandusky after 2002, would you believe Paterno had done enough?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I'd like to hear court room testimony. The question is, as far as the season goes, will Paterno finish the year or quit sooner due to innuendo?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• He'll be out this week, before the game. Maybe as soon as tomorrow. He'll resign after the board tells him they'll oust him if he doesn't.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          I'd like to hear court room testimony. The question is, as far as the season goes, will Paterno finish the year or quit sooner due to innuendo?
                          Grand jury testimony isn't "innuendo", you jackass.

Comment

• Before anything is proven is, ****wit.

Comment

• No, it isn't. I kindly request that you stop trying to dismiss sworn testimony to child rape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                                He'll be out this week, before the game. Maybe as soon as tomorrow. He'll resign after the board tells him they'll oust him if he doesn't.
                                Friday at the earliest, the BoD doesn't meet until Friday, they won't do anything before then.

Really all the Penn State stuff should be in it's own thread.

Imran, make it so!

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X