No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon isn't looking nearly as awesome as I was led to believe.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• So ten unbeatens then? Makes for an easy top 10.

1. Boise
      2. Houston
      3. LSU
      4. Alabama
      5. Oklahoma
      6. Oklahoma St
      7. Kansas St
      8. Stanford
      9. Wisconsin
      10. Clemson

3 Big 12 undefeateds.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Oregon isn't looking nearly as awesome as I was led to believe.
        Scoring easily with the backup redshirt Freshman QB and the backup RB against the #18 team in the country is doin' alright in my book.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• They started out slow, but are picking up some steam.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            They started out slow, but are picking up some steam.
            That's typical for the Ducks. They tend to be a 2nd half team.

Nonetheless, I'm queasy. I am not taking this one for granted... ASU could still pull the upset.

And I'm starting to think Oregon will get killed at Stanford.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Stanford wasn't looking too hot for most of the day either, Boris.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Stanford wasn't looking too hot for most of the day either, Boris.
                Wazzu isn't nearly as bad as they were last year or as their record indicates. Beating them by 30 is still impressive, IMO.

Darron Thomas was knocked out of the Oregon game. While Bennett is doing fine, if both Thomas and James are out for any length of time, it's going to be very tough. Even the Washington game would be dicey if they're not back by then. Urgggggggggggh
                Last edited by Boris Godunov; October 16, 2011, 02:47.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• LOL best moment was post-game: Chip Kelly was trying to talk to Erin Andrews, and some obnoxious Oregon students were behind him making noise. Kelly turns to them and roars, "WILL YOU SHUT UP?!"

I love Chip Kelly.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• 1. LSU
                    2. Alabama
                    3. Oklahoma
                    4. Wisconsin
                    5. Boise State
                    6. Oklahoma State
                    7. Oregon
                    8. Clemson
                    9. Arkansas
                    10. um... um... Nebraska?

The first nine, I'm confident about. Beyond that, it is a vast wasteland, and includes teams such as Michigan State, South Carolina, Houston, Kansas State, Penn State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia.

Comment

• Undefeated Report

We lost three fringe undefeated teams this week, as Michigan (as predicted) went down, along with moderate surprises Illinois and Georgia Tech. We very nearly lost Clemson as well.

There remain 10 undefeated teams:

ACC (1): Clemson (vs. North Carolina)
                      Big 12 (3): Oklahoma (vs. Texas Tech), Oklahoma State (at Missouri), Kansas State (at Kansas)
                      Big Ten (1): Wisconsin (at Michigan State)
                      C-USA (1): Houston (vs. Marshall)
                      MWC (1): Boise State (vs. Air Force)
                      Pac-12 (1): Stanford (vs. Washington)
                      SEC (2): LSU (vs. Auburn), Alabama (vs. Tennessee)

So we've got a few interesting games, but also some games against teams that are horribad. Houston, Boise State, Alabama, and K-State (despite the rivalry game atmosphere) should all win in a walk.

As for the rest, in ascending order of interestingness:

Texas Tech isn't bad; but Oklahoma is really, really good. 97%

Missouri isn't bad either; Oklahoma State is also really, really good. 95%

Auburn is pretty decent; LSU is ****ing terrifying, and they have Les Miles and the Honey Badger. 90%

Washington is one of the mishmash of decent-to-good also-rans in the Pac-12; Stanford is Stanford. 85%

Clemson WILL Clemson away at least a couple games this year, and it could well start this week against the Tar Heels. If this were a road game, I'd be predicting the upset. 60%

The really interesting game is in the Big Ten, under the lights in East Lansing. If there is one team that has had Wisconsin's number during their rise to power over the past several years, it has (inexplicably) been the Spartans. The Badgers never, ever seem to be at their best against MSU, especially in East Lansing. On the other hand, Sparty is as Sparty does, and Sparty often goes Maximum Sparty following a big, emotional win like yesterday's over Michigan. There is, literally, no outcome of this game that would surprise me. Ever so slight edge to Wisconsin, as I think they (unlike Michigan) will cash in when MSU gives them gifts by going full-******. 51%

I think we stay at 10 undefeated squads one more week, but going down to 8 or 9 wouldn't shock me in the least.

Comment

• The Big 10 is always the really interesting game to you. You don't really need to say it.

Comment

• Not always. Just happens to be true this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            1. LSU
                            2. Alabama
                            3. Oklahoma
                            4. Wisconsin
                            5. Boise State
                            6. Oklahoma State
                            7. Oregon
                            8. Clemson
                            9. Arkansas
                            10. um... um... Nebraska?

The first nine, I'm confident about. Beyond that, it is a vast wasteland, and includes teams such as Michigan State, South Carolina, Houston, Kansas State, Penn State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia.
                            GAH MEGA LATE EDIT

Totally forgot about Stanford, Jesus.

1. LSU
                            2. Alabama
                            3. Oklahoma
                            4. Wisconsin
                            5. Boise State
                            6. Oklahoma State
                            7. Stanford
                            8. Oregon
                            9. Clemson
                            10. Arkansas

Comment

• We very nearly lost Clemson as well.

Not nearly enough for my pick'em...

Top Ten:

1. Alabama
                              2. LSU
                              3. Boise State
                              4. Oklahoma
                              5. Stanford
                              6. Wisconsin
                              7. Oregon
                              8. Oklahoma State