College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Whatever. I had zero expectation of being competitive in that game. Gardner was out, and Borges is still the OC. Doom was the only outcome.
    Perhaps, but the entertainment you provide when doom falls is unparalleled.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Central Florida marched down the field and scored on their first possession against Baylor. Then UCF's defense forces a 3-and-out from Baylor's offense.

I don't expect this to last, but if by some chance UCF pulls this off... biggest possible upset of the bowl season, I'd say. And the most embarrassing loss by a conference champion.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• 14-0 UCF.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          Perhaps, but the entertainment you provide when doom falls is unparalleled.
          Usually, when doom falls, it is at least possibly averted, so there is hope.

There was no hope in the bowl game.

It is an odd thing, to have no hope. It is peaceful. Serene. I recommend it.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            It is an odd thing, to have no hope. It is peaceful. Serene. I recommend it.
            I know. I'm an Orioles fan.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• UCF is now throwing the game away with turnovers. Dumb ones, too.

EDIT: Right after I posted that, Bryce Petty threw a pick in the UCF endzone. UCF just scored, making it 21-13. Not sure if this is a great game or a terrible one...
              Last edited by Boris Godunov; January 1, 2014, 23:15.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Baylor D sucks, but they have the same record so UCF aint no slouch

Comment

• This game is terrible and hilarious and a train wreck and I have to work in the morning.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Yeah I fell asleep before the game ended but was laughing when I saw the final this morning. Nice upset.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Baylor's loss is the biggest BCS bowl upset ever, apparently. If both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State lose, not a good way for the Big 12 to end the BCS era. Not a surprising one, though.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• biggest possible upset of the bowl season
                        That would be the Trees loss. They were hyped as national champion contenders and weren't close. Also, unranked TTU smoked 15 Arizona. That's the biggest upset so far by ranking points.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 2, 2014, 12:50.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• If both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State lose, not a good way for the Big 12 to end the BCS era. Not a surprising one, though.
                          Big if, we'll see. Kansas has already beaten Michigan and unranked TTU trashed Arizona. So far the score is 1-0 for the Big12 vs the Pac 10.

UCF has just the one loss to Sakerlina by a FG, and they beat number 8 Louisville. They are clearly better than anything in the Pac12 this year.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                            Baylor's loss is the biggest BCS bowl upset ever, apparently. If both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State lose, not a good way for the Big 12 to end the BCS era. Not a surprising one, though.
                            As Berz did point out, UCF did have the same record, and did have wins over Penn State and Louisville (and their only loss was a 3 point one to South Carolina), so they were far better than most folks thought. But UCF isn't exactly a program with a long history.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Only one person out of 10 chose UCF in Pick 'Em.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                As Berz did point out, UCF did have the same record, and did have wins over Penn State and Louisville (and their only loss was a 3 point one to South Carolina), so they were far better than most folks thought. But UCF isn't exactly a program with a long history.
                                I don't disagree. But what determines the size of the upset is the point spread. Baylor was favored by 17 points over UCF. UCF won by 10, a 27-point swing. No team in the BCS era with that large of an advantage in the odds has lost its bowl game (at least according to one announcer from yesterday). Even the huge Sugar Bowl upset of the #3 Gators by the #18 Cardinals Sugar Bowl last year was against a 14-point spread. This year, only Alabama has a similar odds margin over an opponent this bowl season in the BCS, so the size of the upset could matched, possibly.

Then again, the Tide just drove down the field and scored a TD under 2 minutes against the Sooners, so the possibility seems pretty slim at this point.

EDIT: Sooners came to play! This one is gonna be good.
                                Last edited by Boris Godunov; January 2, 2014, 22:13.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X