College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
    Oh good; I was worried people wouldn't know who I was since Poly won't let me upload a ****ing avatar, but apparently even glue sniffers can figure it out.
    I figured if anything could bring you back, it would be Nebraska blowing a 21-3 lead in spectacular fashion.

Great job, Blackshirts!
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm actually a little disappointed they didn't play worse today. Predicted to a friend that UCLA would rack up 550+ total yards, but they only got to 504.
      I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Oregon-Tennessee started off horrible. The Ducks sputtered and the Vols went up 7-0 early. Mariota was 2/7 for 16 yards passing.

And then Oregon scored 59 unanswered points. Tennessee's only other score was in 4th quarter garbage time. The Ducks had 458 yards in the *first half.*
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          The Ducks had 458 yards in the *first half.*
          Good god...

Comment

Oregon-Tennessee started off horrible. The Ducks sputtered and the Vols went up 7-0 early. Mariota was 2/7 for 16 yards passing.

And then Oregon scored 59 unanswered points. Tennessee's only other score was in 4th quarter garbage time. The Ducks had 458 yards in the *first half.*
            Saw them score 21 easy points (pts 39-59) while doing cardio today. Looked like the Ducks could've named their total.
            ---
            Oh, and RIP Illini. But at least they didn't totally embarrass themselves. Maybe they'll win one or two in-conference this year... Or am I just dreaming?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Perhaps an apology is in order to those like Tupac who said Zook was the best that Illinois fans could hope for.
              QFT

Comment

• Don't think the Illini faithful can really complain about a reasonably close loss to a ranked team. That's a far better result than most Illini results, to lesser teams...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I don't know anything about that game because Illinois.

Comment

• Holy moly.... Wisconsin just got totally hosed at the end of the ASU game.

ASU was up 32-30 with about 2 minutes on the clock, and Wisky only had 1 TO. For whatever reason, the Sun Devils didn't just run the ball and waste clock, they tried to pass it, and failed miserably. So the Badgers got the ball back with about 1:30 left, no TOs. They would have been backed up to their own goal line due to a holding penalty, but for yet another inexplicable reason, ASU declined the penalty to take the loss of down. Considering Wisky just needed a FG... what? So, Wisky marches down the field and gets within easy FG range. With about 20 seconds left they run a play to get the ball lined up at the center of the field. But the runner doesn't go down, he just drops the ball on the field. The ref then doesn't set the ball as the ASU players jump on it, claiming he wasn't down. But whistles had blown the play dead.

Meanwhile, the clock kept running and just ticked down to 0:00 while the refs stood around looking like morons. ASU wins, the refs ran from the field. Terrible way to end a game.

Here's the video:

Last edited by Boris Godunov; September 15, 2013, 02:38.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Amazing. X-treme LOLing because I'm too drunk to be outraged as a Wicsonsin native.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Doesn't matter how any football goes this weekend for me. My Rage won their league Championship, so it's a great football weekend no matter what.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Holy moly.... Wisconsin just got totally hosed at the end of the ASU game.

ASU was up 32-30 with about 2 minutes on the clock, and Wisky only had 1 TO. For whatever reason, the Sun Devils didn't just run the ball and waste clock, they tried to pass it, and failed miserably. So the Badgers got the ball back with about 1:30 left, no TOs. They would have been backed up to their own goal line due to a holding penalty, but for yet another inexplicable reason, ASU declined the penalty to take the loss of down. Considering Wisky just needed a FG... what? So, Wisky marches down the field and gets within easy FG range. With about 20 seconds left they run a play to get the ball lined up at the center of the field. But the runner doesn't go down, he just drops the ball on the field. The ref then doesn't set the ball as the ASU players jump on it, claiming he wasn't down. But whistles had blown the play dead.

Meanwhile, the clock kept running and just ticked down to 0:00 while the refs stood around looking like morons. ASU wins, the refs ran from the field. Terrible way to end a game.

Here's the video:

Dropping the ball on the ground is a fumble. They hosed themselves.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...59693829_n.jpg

Stave was down. It was a horrible call.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                              https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...59693829_n.jpg

Stave was down. It was a horrible call.
                              That's a deceptive screenshot. His knee never touched the ground, and that wasn't the point where the play stopped anyway. There are other angles and close-ups showing that his knee didn't touch. He also kept moving after his supposed kneel, which added to the confusion.

But that's all moot. Apparently the rules say he just has to simulate a kneel, not actually touch. If he'd made it more obvious that that was what he was doing, I don't think this would have been an issue. As it stood, I don't blame the ASU player for thinking it was a fumble and jumping on the ball. Ultimately, while the refs did indeed blow this one, Stave should have just unambiguously taken a knee. He created a confusing situation.
                              Last edited by Boris Godunov; September 15, 2013, 13:47.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• My top ten after week 3:

1. Alabama
                                2. Clemson
                                3. Oregon
                                4. Stanford
                                5. Ohio State
                                6. LSU
                                7. Florida State
                                8. Oklahoma
                                9. Texas A&M
                                10. Oklahoma State

I was very tempted to move Oregon to #2, as I think they'd probably beat Clemson handily at this point. But I'm sticking with Clemson for still having the best win of the CFB season so far, outside of Alabama's win yesterday perhaps. But if Clemson loses or if Georgia loses again, they'll take a pretty big tumble. And I'm still not sold on Louisville being in the top ten, since they play nobody and struggled a bit yesterday against SEC bottom-dweller UK.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X