No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or are you arguing that the Penn State football program would've been shut down because of Sandusky's crimes had they been revealed right away? I hope not, for your sake, as that's even more retarded.
    I'm saying exactly what I did say, which is that the reason why the entire affair was covered up for 10 years was to preserve the football program.

Are you asserting that they had another motive? If so, I'd like to hear it.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The statue is gone. Knocked onto it's side and forklifted away.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• They moved it somewhere in the stadium. They should just give it to the Paterno family.

Comment

• And boom goes the dynamite.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Moronic.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Yes, let's rewrite history. Joe will no longer be recognized as the NCAA's all-time winningest coach. At some point it just gets a bit silly.

I love the 5 years of probation. Probation against what? Further diddling by a guy in jail for life or letting a dead guy put the team before the university.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Probation against any other funny business in the program, including the aforementioned too-much-stretching and letting recruits sleep on couches in players' dorms.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think Penn St. is perfectly within their rights to remove the statue. It created more problems than anything.
                  They're extremely lucky that they didn't get more of an SMUish penalty.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Interesting enough, I saw this pointed out elsewhere, that Mike McQueary was the starting QB for JoePa's last official win.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• What is your reaction to the penalties handed down by the NCAA against Penn State?

20%
                      Too harsh

46%
                      Appropriate

23%
                      Too lenient

11%
                      NCAA shouldn't have handed down punishment

(Total votes: 132,326)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• 38 days until we can watch football again instead of talking about it. Can't happen soon enough.

Comment

• I dont agree with punishing the school and community, other than lawsuits from the victims

Comment

• Too harsh against JoPa, not harsh enough against the program.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Yes, let's rewrite history. Joe will no longer be recognized as the NCAA's all-time winningest coach. At some point it just gets a bit silly.

I love the 5 years of probation. Probation against what? Further diddling by a guy in jail for life or letting a dead guy put the team before the university.
                              So you're saying that if this had all come down at the time of the occurences (child rape, cover-up), you'd be fine with the outcome? The fact is, whether by intent, willful neglect, or a conspiracy, this tragedy was allowed to continue across multiple decades.

The facts of time passage, death, and imprisonment don't exonerate the school or suggest lesser consequences. Penn State continued to reap the benefits of their program (wins, bowl appearances, recruiting advantages, alum donations) throughout those years. Meanwhile, an old lech was granted full run of the facilities to recruit his victims.

If the institution had stepped up and put a stop to it, we would have had a short conversation, years ago, about one evil guy who was rightly jailed for his transgressions, and the program would have continued with minimal penalties.

But that's not what happened.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Too harsh against JoPa, not harsh enough against the program.
                                I assume you mean that he died. Yes, pretty harsh, but the NCAA had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X