• Oh dear.

Why don't you have a seat?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• edit: nevermind

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        Many, many people have been fighting for a playoff in college football for many years, but the most they could get were tiny (and usually annoying) adjustments to the system. Why? Well, you can’t sum up anything complicated with only one reason, but the big reason is probably this: College football is hugely, irrepressibly, inordinately popular. And when something is that popular, there is overpowering pressure to keep things where they are.

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2012/01/1.../?sct=cf_wr_a2
        There is a reason Joe Posnanski is arguably the best sports writer in the country.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Eh. He's no Spencer Hall.

Comment

• Apparently, according to ESPN Joe Paterno is on his death bed. Love him or hate him, he'll be missed.

I always figured that shortly after he gave up coaching, he would fade fast.

Comment

• #9 on my list.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Joe Pa passed away.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Latest news is that he's in serious condition, but not gone yet.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Joe Pa passed away.
                    This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links.

Saturday, as news outlets looked for developments on the 85-year-old former coach’s condition, at least two Internet reports were published saying that he had died. At one, Onward State, which covers Penn State, the managing editor resigned his position after removing its post that Paterno had died. Here's former managing editor Devon Edwards' announcement on Facebook.
                    Apparently the other website reporting Paterno's death is Apolyton

Comment

• Apparently Alby is off the hook for starting the rumor.

Earlier Saturday night, CBSSports.com published an unsubstantiated report that former Penn State coach Joe Paterno had died. That mistake was the result of a failure to verify the original report. CBSSports.com holds itself to high journalistic standards, and in this circumstance tonight, we fell well short of those expectations.

CBSSports.com extends its profound and sincere apology to the Paterno family and the Penn State community during their difficult time.

Comment

• Paterno, however, eventually did pass away during the evening (I celebrate death for no one).

Comment

• Jesus, why would you even consider celebrating JoePa's death? It's not like he molested anyone.

In other news, the New York Giants keep on proving that playing hard in the regular season is for suckers.

Comment

• So it seems that the Bucs are going to hire Chip Kelly away from Oregon. They're going to have to pay a boatload of money for him. And he'll be reunited with LaGarrett Blount.

In the meantime, Oregon fans are panicking and hoping that Chris Petersen will be the replacement. I wouldn't count on that, but who knows?
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post

In other news, the New York Giants keep on proving that playing hard in the regular season is for suckers.
                              Gee... they won their division and earned a chance to be the champion.
                              That's more than every conference winner in College football can say except one.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                                So it seems that the Bucs are going to hire Chip Kelly away from Oregon.
                                Is Kelly really dumb enough to make that move? He's built a consistently excellent program at Oregon, while the Bucs are a perennial dumpster fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X