College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    Only two years left until they fix college football. Hopefully they won't screw up again the last two years.
    FIXED
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes, making all-SEC title games more likely is really going to fix college football.

Comment

• There's still a lot to work out. This may get done, but it might not. SEC teams are hoping to play at "neutral" site games in the first round in Florida, or New Orleans. The Big Ten wants true home games, which might lead to a game being played outdoors in Ann Arbor in December. Who gets the advantage/disadvantage? Everyone is still looking out for themselves. I don't think that everyone would even agree to a one team per conference rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
          I don't think that everyone would even agree to a one team per conference rule.
          Of course not. It's definitely not in the SEC's interests to do so, and probably not in the interests of the Big 12 and Big Ten.

Comment

Yes, making all-SEC title games more likely is really going to fix college football.
            They haven't agreed to anything yet...
            And just about anything would be better than the crap they've be serving up for years now.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• That's the airtight logic I've come to expect from you.

edit:
              Sure, we don't know how the BCS will really work, but just about anything would be better than the crap they've be serving up for years now. - Ming in 1997

Comment

• Your logic is to diss something that doesn't even exist yet, and support a plan that most people agree doesn't work.
                But we've come to expect that from you.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I've consistently acknowledged the problems with the BCS, but have argued that it would be better to go back to the traditional bowl system and preserve the sanctity of college football's regular season than go even further down the road of NFLization of college football with a playoff.* My logic is as sound as your reading ability and memory are shoddy.

Spoiler:
                  * Excepting Guynemer's well thought-out but almost certainly impossible to achieve playoff idea, of course.

Comment

• Again, we've come to expect your lack of knowledge and traditional use of insults instead of real arguments.
                    No surprise here.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I'm shocked (shocked!) that you completely overlooked the 80 percent of my post that laid out the basic case against a playoff and focused on the 20 percent that was an insult. I never would have expected you to be so obtuse!

Comment

• Yep... just more insults... typical.
                        The BCS is broken. It actually hurt College Football... A small playoff system will only improve the game, and not make regular games meaningless as you ALWAYS say it will. You keep comparing a college playoff system to that of the NFL. And that is totally stupid and a bad argument since College football isn't planning on having 37% of the teams make the playoffs.
                        But that's ok, keep using bad arguments, and throw around a few more insults... we expect no better from you.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          The BCS is broken. It actually hurt College Football...
                          All the evidence argues against this contention, but I doubt that will sway your thinking one iota.

A small playoff system will only improve the game, and not make regular games meaningless as you ALWAYS say it will.
                          It may not make regular season games "meaningless" (thanks for putting words in my mouth again, by the way), but a playoff will make regular season games less meaningful. There's simply no way around that.

You keep comparing a college playoff system to that of the NFL. And that is totally stupid and a bad argument since College football isn't planning on having 37% of the teams make the playoffs.
                          I specifically used the phrase "further down the road of NFLization" to describe this planned college playoff, which clearly implies that the college playoff won't be exactly like the NFL's. This is a good example of why I "insult" your reading ability by pointing out it obvious limitations.

But that's ok, keep using bad arguments
                          It's very hard to make better arguments when debating someone who rarely makes a coherent argument at all, let alone a good and logical one.

Comment

• For those of you who loved this year's SEC rematch in the title game, here's a list of rematches that could have happened had a four-team playoff (teams chosen by the top four in the final BCS standings) been in place instead of the BCS.

2011 - LSU/Alabama
                            2010 - Oregon/Stanford
                            2008 - Florida/Alabama, Oklahoma/Texas
                            2006 - Ohio State/Michigan, Florida/LSU
                            2005 - Penn State/Ohio State
                            2004 - Oklahoma/Texas
                            2001 - Nebraska/Colorado
                            2000 - Florida State/Miami

In 8 out of the 14 BCS seasons, a playoff would've made possible the kind of regular season negating rematch that pissed off everyone so much last season that we're getting a playoff in response. Logic!

Comment

All the evidence argues against this contention, but I doubt that will sway your thinking one iota.
                              And what evidence is that? Ratings are down, and most of the experts disagree with you.

It may not make regular season games "meaningless" (thanks for putting words in my mouth again, by the way), but a playoff will make regular season games less meaningful. There's simply no way around that.
                              Again, please explain how they make them less meaningful... And extra a round of playoffs would change nothing. As usual, you are talking out of your ass.

I specifically used the phrase "further down the road of NFLization" to describe this planned college playoff, which clearly implies that the college playoff won't be exactly like the NFL's. This is a good example of why I "insult" your reading ability by pointing out it obvious limitations.
                              BS... you are the one trying to make it sound like they are going to this huge playoff system... NFL 37%... it's not even going to come close, so why talk about the NFL... oh that's right, just a strawman from you. You should learn some simple logic.

It's very hard to make better arguments when debating someone who rarely makes a coherent argument at all, let alone a good and logical one.
                              You don't argue, you make crap up and then insult people... But, we have all come to expect that from you... typical.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                                And what evidence is that? Ratings are down, and most of the experts disagree with you.
                                Sigh...

National interest in college football has greatly increased during the BCS era, which is why you're seeing conferences sign such huge TV packages. Average attendance was on a consistent upward trend until the financial crisis, and overall attendance is at record levels (having increased by 32 percent since the BCS began). No one looking at the facts can argue that the BCS hurt college football.

Again, please explain how they make them less meaningful... And extra a round of playoffs would change nothing.
                                Look at the post right above yours, genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X