No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problem with the Big Ten schedule is the "protected cross-division rivalry game".

In practice, this means Wisconsin will play Minnesota every year, but will play Michigan only 40% of the time, while for Ohio State it is the opposite. (Insert other examples here, MSU playing Indiana yearly, or look at it the opposite way, the Gophers have to face the Badgers every year, while Sparty does not, etc.)

The fact that almost all of those rivalry games are played the last week of the year means we will see an immediate rematch sometime within the next two or three seasons, I guarantee it.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• How awesome will it be when undefeated Michigan and Ohio State play each other in the last game of the season, then in the Big Ten title game, and then in the national championship game? If only there had been a four-team playoff in 2006...

Comment

• I will lol for sure if/when it happens.

Isn't that just kind of stupid planning by the Big 10?
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Onion time...

Big 12 Agrees To Annual Bowl Loss Against SEC

May 29, 2012

IRVING, TX—Keeping with years of tradition of getting blown out in demoralizing defeats to its dominating competitor, the Big 12 Conference confirmed Monday it has agreed to a yearly bowl loss to the Southeastern Conference.

"This is a proud day for the Big 12," said interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas, who acknowledged that the decision, like everything the conference has done in the past year, was forced on them by the SEC's pursuit for ever-increasing revenue and power. "Every New Years Day, a national television audience will get to enjoy an exciting matchup as the SEC champion thoroughly embarrasses the best remaining school in the Big 12 over the course of four agonizing quarters. For the dozen member institutions of the Big 12, it will be like the throbbing pain of their New Year's hangover never ended."

According to the bowl agreement, if the SEC champion is playing for the national championship in a given year, the school at the bottom of the SEC standings will take their place in order to make the Big 12's loss all the more humiliating.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• As (I think) EDSBS said, the Onion isn't reporting fake news; they merely report news while waiting for reality to catch up.

Comment

• That press release sounds reasonably similar to when the BigTen was playing USC in the RoseBowl year and getting spanked every year.

Comment

• or the early big10 ACC basketball challenges
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Twitter makes people stupid, but it makes life so much more interesting.
                  Michigan recruit Logan Tuley-Tillman is unapologetic about a picture he posted on Twitter of himself burning a recruiting letter from Ohio State, even in the face of a barrage of reported death threats from Buckeyes fans.

Michigan recruit Logan Tuley-Tillman is unapologetic about a picture he posted on Twitter of himself burning a recruiting letter from Ohio State, even in the face of a barrage of obscene online taunts from Buckeyes fans.

"It made my mom upset, but I just told her it's empty thoughts," 2013 commit Tuley-Tillman told WolverineNation. "It's the biggest rivalry in sports. It's sad that grown men and women get like this over a picture. I say women because there have been a few adult female Ohio State fans sending bad stuff, too. God bless them, though."

Comment

• He has endeared himself to Michigan fans forever though.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Sure has. OSU addressed the envelope to "Peroia, IL", which is good for a giggle.

Comment

• We each know each others favorite team, what's yours pepper?

Comment

• Sandusk guilty of 45 counts of abuse, and the framework of a playoff hammered out in Chicago this week.

4 teams model, a selection committee, certain criteria give weight to selection such as conference champions, and strength of schedule.

Semifinal games to be played at two of the former BCS bowl sites; the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange Bowls. National Title game to go to the highest bidding city.

Its a good, cautious next step to a larger playoff. The Big10 doesn't get campus site locations, the plus one model or conference champs only, but they did get the selection committee and preference given to conference champs.

Comment

• A selection committee deciding the Top 4 seeds is a bit frightening, IMO. Also I hate that the Rose Bowl is finally stripped of any Big 10 vs. Pac 10 ties (even though in the BCS era those could be side stepped if a Big 10 or Pac 10 team made the national champ game).
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Everyone is going to hate this playoff system as much as they hated the BCS, but at least we get to enjoy dumb****s like Andy Staples patting themselves on the back for being "forward thinkers who truly love the game" before that happens.

Comment

• Nothing could possibly go wrong with a "selection committee" deciding the Top 4 teams .

Comment

Working...
                                X