No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canuck fans should be happy that the Flames miss the playoffs....since they beat Edmonton, and Edmonton beat Vancouver (twice ), Calgary obviously would have beat Vancouver in the first round and brought an end to their impressive season.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of the Canucks being awesome. Took 40 years but they finally got the president's trophy.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And kudo's to them for that.

While I now live in BC, I could never actually "cheer" for Vancouver, but I always cheer for the Canadian teams in the playoffs, even the ones I don't like (all but Edmonton ) so I will be cheering for them, and all the other Canadien teams to make the playoffs this year

Looking forward to seeing how it all washes out

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Seriously, will anyone be even the least bit surprised if Chicago sweeps the Canucks?
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
            Canuck fans should be happy that the Flames miss the playoffs....since they beat Edmonton, and Edmonton beat Vancouver (twice ), Calgary obviously would have beat Vancouver in the first round and brought an end to their impressive season.

/me
            And the Canucks don't have a very good history vs Calgary in the playoffs.

I seem to recall a time recently when the Flames upset the Canucks in the 1st round...

Seriously -- the Canucks got lucky. The Flames have a seriously terrific record since Christmas. One of the top in the league. Would've been ripe for an "upset".
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Seriously, will anyone be even the least bit surprised if Chicago sweeps the Canucks?
              Nope.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And the Canucks don't have a very good history vs Calgary in the playoffs.
                Three epic 7 game series?

I could see you saying that the Canucks have a poor record against Edmonton but Calgary?!

We have probably one of the most intense playoff rivalries. All three of the big series were tossups, going to OT in the 7th game.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'll take bets from everybody. I'll wear avatars of choice for a month each if the Canucks get swept by the Hawks. Deal?

Comment

I would be very surprised. Much as I would love to see the Hawks repeat, I don't see them pulling it together to beat Vancouver, much less sweep.

Of course, I know next to nothing about hockey.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hawks could win it but doubt it will be a sweep. Six or seven games. But they still need two points to guarantee a playoff spot and last two are both against Detroit (without Zetterberg, luckily).
                      Last edited by Demonbinder; April 7, 2011, 23:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Three epic 7 game series?
                        How many of those did you win?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          I'll take bets from everybody. I'll wear avatars of choice for a month each if the Canucks get swept by the Hawks. Deal?
                          You didn't honour a previous avatar/sig bet. Why start now?

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            I would be very surprised. Much as I would love to see the Hawks repeat, I don't see them pulling it together to beat Vancouver, much less sweep.

Of course, I know next to nothing about hockey.
                            Vancouver's your classic arrogant team with a shakey goalie and poor playoff performances. They're ripe for an upset.

Comment

How many of those did you win?
                              Won 1, lost 2.

If it were 3-0, then sure, but 1-2?

Comment

You didn't honour a previous avatar/sig bet. Why start now?
                                So, you don't believe that the Canucks will be swept. Glad we got that all cleared up.

Comment

Working...
                                X