No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe without the Future (Former?) Champions in my way, this'll be my year.

Though a lot of this is luck. Who knew Ray Rice and Ricky Williams were going to have such great years last season? I just got lucky having them on my team. Since my success was so tied to my 8th & 15th round picks, I figure I can afford to wait on RBs.
    Last edited by OzzyKP; August 3, 2010, 20:06.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post

Maybe without the Future (Former?) Champions in my way, this'll be my year.

Though a lot of this is luck. Who knew Ray Rice and Ricky Williams were going to have such great years last season? I just got lucky having them on my team. Since my success was so tied to my 8th & 15th round picks, I figure I can afford to wait on RBs.

Although I also thought he was going to have a monster rookie season as well but he was solid but not spectacular his rookie year.

I was very aware of this Rutgers back coming out of college. Brian Leonard is underrated as well but is buried on Cinci's depth chart.

And can someone make Imran sign up already!
      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 3, 2010, 20:18.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Speer is the biggest BSer here
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          Speer is the biggest BSer here
          How? I thought Ray Rice was going to take the starting job from McGahee two years ago.

Let's not forget that though Rutgers and Temple have not played each other in football in a few years, there's a hell of a rivalry between the two schools. You can't go to Temple and not be aware of a potential star coming out of Rutgers.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• 01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
            01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
            01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
            01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
            01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
            01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
            01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
            01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
            01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
            01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
            01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
            01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
            01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
            01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
            02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
            02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
            02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
            02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
            02.09 OzzyKP - Andre Johnson - WR - HOU
            02.08 Spaced Cowboy - DeAngelo Williams RB - CAR
            02.07 MRT -
            02.06 Al B. -
            02.05 Jaguar -
            02.04 Flash9286
            02.03 snoopy -
            02.02 Berzerker -
            02.01 Jonny -
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
              What are the rules for BAPAYs? Yahoo rankings, "fan points," or something else?
              BAPAY rules:

BAPAY stands for Best Available Player at Yahoo!, and it goes by Yahoo! rankings (projected.) This has Randy Moss and Shonn Greene as the next two. (12th and 13th overall projected.) This isn't ideal, because our league values players differently than Yahoo! does in its rankings. However, the rough ordering of players at a position is quite fair.

If taking the BAPAY makes the team positionally imbalanced, we look to the best available player at a different position.

A positional imbalance can be any one of the following:
              - No QB in first 9 rounds
              - No 2nd QB at end of draft
              - 2 QBs in first 5 rounds
              - 3 QBs
              - No RB in first 4 rounds
              - 4 RBs in first 6 rounds
              - 6 RBs
              - No WR in first 5 rounds
              - 3 WRs in first 4 rounds
              - 4 WRs in first 6 rounds
              - 5 WRs in first 10 rounds
              - 6 WRs
              - No TE in first 12 rounds
              - 2 TEs in first 10 rounds
              - 3 TEs
              - No D/ST in first 14 rounds
              - 2 D/STs in first 10 rounds
              - 3 D/STs
              - No K at end of draft
              - K in first 10 rounds
              - 2 Ks

These restrictions result in a BAPAY team playing a pretty average draft strategy. The BAPAY team will have QB-QB-RB-RB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-WR-WR-TE-TE-DST-DST-K. It will get there reasonably organically, though, with plenty of leeway to take the highest-ranked player.

Your BAPAY clock is at a maximum of 24 hours from the last pick.

If you get BAPAYed, your clock halves.

If you have made two picks in a row without a BAPAY, your clock doubles again, to a max of 24 hours.

If you leave a usable list with me or the player who picks directly behind you, or some other reasonable combination of players, then you are immune from BAPAY.

You can change your pick retroactively if you get BAPAYed and he has not already been picked.

Do these rules seem reasonably complete? I think they are.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• You can change your pick retroactively if you get BAPAYed and he has not already been picked.
                I personally do not like this rule, but I'm fine with it if others want it.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• What does "Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005" mean Jaguar?

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                    I personally do not like this rule, but I'm fine with it if others want it.
                    I've thought about the main problem with the rule, and that is that people can say "but hey, if he is changing his pick from Randy Moss (or whoever he was BAPAYed) then I want to change my pick to Randy Moss."

It's kind of messy. Thoughts?

You should definitely be allowed to change your pick if the next player hasn't gone yet. But beyond that, not sure.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      What does "Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005" mean Jaguar?
                      I was making spammy copycat threads or something, and Ming told me that he was tired of my silly games. Therefore, I claimed that I would eschew them from now on.

Comment

• Calvin Johnson. I'm on my phone right now so will someone do me the honor?
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                          I've thought about the main problem with the rule, and that is that people can say "but hey, if he is changing his pick from Randy Moss (or whoever he was BAPAYed) then I want to change my pick to Randy Moss."

It's kind of messy. Thoughts?

You should definitely be allowed to change your pick if the next player hasn't gone yet. But beyond that, not sure.
                          Pretty much my reason for not liking the rule. Seems unfair to the person picking after the BAPAY. The person getting BAPAYED gets the player he/she wants but the person picking after the BAPAY doesn't.
                          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• 01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                            01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
                            01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
                            01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
                            01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
                            01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
                            01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
                            01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
                            01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
                            01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
                            01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
                            01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
                            01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
                            01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
                            02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
                            02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
                            02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
                            02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
                            02.09 OzzyKP - Andre Johnson - WR - HOU
                            02.08 Spaced Cowboy - DeAngelo Williams RB - CAR
                            02.07 MRT - Calvin Johnson - WR - DET
                            02.06 Al B. -
                            02.05 Jaguar -
                            02.04 Flash9286
                            02.03 snoopy -
                            02.02 Berzerker -
                            02.01 Jonny -

Comment

• beaten by Jag

Comment

• Run on WR!
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X